/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Somali proverb/story - 'Ali's dangling eye'

Cabdullahi
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
A few animals gathered around an animal that was killed...amongst the Carnivore animals a female wolf, a hyena and a lion were present.

The lion asked the carnivore animals if anyone was willing to divide the meat.

The female wolf made the step forward and volunteered....she began to cut the meat in two halves....''one half is for the lion'' she said, then she began to cut the remaining half into another half ''one half of this half is for the lion''...she uttered, a small tiny half remained and so she began to cut it into two tiny pieces ''one half is for the lion''

a tiny piece of meat was left over for the rest of the animals to share...the biggest share was for the lion.....this made the lion very happy so he asked the female wolf

lion : women! who taught you how to divide meat ??
female wolf : Ali's dangling eye

Ali is the hyena.. the last carnivore animal to divide meat between the other animals...he didn't satisfy the lion, so his eye was gouged out.

You have some leaders who make errors and then get punished and then you have leaders who are subservient...who do everything to please their masters...they give up everything.

My dad told me this story when i was a child and i still remember it well

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Mufarridun
02-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Googaa :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!