/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to read/hear/listen to the Quran in other languages?

truthseeker63
02-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Does the Holy Quran say it is ok to read or hear or listen to the Quran in other languages I mean I think I could learn how to say words in Arabic but I don't think I could ever learn how to read all of Arabic orr even any of it does this mean that I cant read the Quran what did the Prophet Muhammad say also does the Quran or the Hadith and or the Sunnah say if you have a Arabic Quran a Quran in Arabic text can you have English too along side it or at least have the meaning of the Arabic text in English I know Muslims must pray in Arabic but what about reading I had a Chinese Friend when I was a kid.child he could speak and talk in Chinese but he could not read books in Chinese at all my question is must the Quran be read in Arabic 100% and if I but the Quran in Arabic on tape or cd can it be in English too thank you ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MartyrX
02-25-2011, 02:19 AM
This is a good question. I could be wrong, but I believe I've heard it is fine if you don't know Arabic.

truthseeker63
02-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Ok thank you for the answer.

Ramadhan
02-25-2011, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Does the Holy Quran say it is ok to read or hear or listen to the Quran in other languages

If it is in other language, that would be called translations, not the Qur'an.
you can read translations and tafsir but they are not qur'an, and you should make effort to learn to read qur'an or memorise a few short surahs and al fatihah because you need to recite fathiha in your shalah.

I myself do not speak or understand arabic, and I didnt know how to recite qur'an (I learnt when I was a kid, but after so many years of not practicing, I totally forgot how) until two years ago when I started to learn all over again, and alhamdulillaah I am abe to recite now.
But I still dont know the meaning, so I would recite pages of quran at one time and then read the translation alongside the verses.
I am still trying to learn arabic, however.

So again, it is not impossible, you just need to set aside an hour or two to learn everyday, but the rewards will be unimaginably large, as promised by Allah in the qur'an.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
02-26-2011, 09:59 AM
The Quran does not exist in any other language than the original Arabic. This is one important point that convinced me that Islam must be true. If you, like me, do not understand Arabic, read the translations, by all means. In the meantime, make an effort to learn Arabic so that you can appreciate the full beauty of the Quran. Of course, there must be some Arabic words and phrases which you must already know. Like "Allahu Akbar". It will take tomes upon tomes of scholastic studies to elaborate on this Arabic phrase but, at the bottom of it all, it means there is just simply and absolutely none greater than Allah. Without exception.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!