/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If the Quran can't have translations of it can the Quran in Arabic have a translation

truthseeker63
02-25-2011, 03:22 PM
If the Quran can't have translations of it can the Quran in Arabic have a translation of the meaning of the Arabic words like telling the reader what the words mean I don't mean translations of the Arabic words just the meaning of what it says and the context of it I don;t have a problem with the Quran being only in Arabic I just want to know if it is ok too read the Quran in Arabic and have someone or something else tell you the meaning of the Arabic I don't mean translations of the words just translations of the meaning of the words.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
You can have Translations of the Qur'an. The reason we say it can not be translated is because the Arabic language does not translate very well into other languages. Not even into it's closest related languages of Hebrew and Aramaic. It is quite a fascinating language and unique in it's structure.

Insha Allaah some of the Members will suggest some good translations for you to look into. My own suggestion is to use at least 2 different translations. I suggest Marmaduke Pikthal and Abdullah Ali

when reading a Translation keep in mind any translation of the Qur'an is just an approximation of the Qur'an. It is not the Qur'an.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!