/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Buying a New Car....Suggestions pls :)

Rabi'ya
02-25-2011, 10:11 PM
:sl: all

I have been saving for a while and I want to buy a new car. I have around £15000 to spend and inshAllah need a car that is big enough for a small family, but not overly big. It needs to be suitable mainly for work as I do a lot of driving daily(well I think its a lot) but also needs to be suitable for motorway driving too as I do a fair few motorway miles also.

My initial though was the New Astra. Have driven one and it is lovely to drive, but they are a little out of my price range and also dont hold their value well so me thinks its not worth it.

My next thought was Hyundai i30 but as the make is not so well known I am a little hesitant. Although for the price you get A LOT for your money.....

anyway, you guys please please help. Its bugging me now.

There is also hyundau ix20 which I think will be big enough.....should be fine inshallah, but just wondering if anyone had any personal experience of a particular car and can offer their opinion.

thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
02-25-2011, 10:16 PM
are you sure you havent added another 0 by mustake....15000 is alot

save up 3000 more and get the Nissan Qashqai...sick car!

or the best car voted by mums - Volkswagen Touran

http://www.thebabywebsite.com/articl...amily_Cars.htm

Rabi'ya
02-25-2011, 10:20 PM
:sl:

nah 15000, and its taken me AGES...I wanna get a brand new car inshallah so i dont have to worry about stuff for a few years. well thats the plan anyway.

i only have one kid so inshallah dont need a big car like Touran. Fair enough for sisters who want to be like the pied piper but I'll be having just the one so no need :)

Ghazalah
02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
^My sister bought the QashQai for much more than £3k, but hers was new, and I must say its a top grand car. The drive is so smooth and it's quite elegant looking.

I think the Vaxuhall Insignia would be a top car too :D

The new Citroen?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abjad
02-25-2011, 10:28 PM
wa aleykum salaam

my friend buy a car that consumes less fuel; but never go for koreas made, they look attractive but body is heavy and machine suffer, when new no problem but think fuel, Kia, six cyl (Gulf states specifications)
just as you wanted some ideas, go for "subaru" or vw....provided no problem getting spare parts.

remember...fuel...is your daily usage and from vw, and (subaru especially no missing power at cruising speed)

Cabdullahi
02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wiino
wa aleykum salaam

my friend buy a car that consumes less fuel; but never go for koreas made, they look attractive but body is heavy and machine suffer, when new no problem but think fuel, Kia, six cyl (Gulf states specifications)
just as you wanted some ideas, go for "subaru" or vw....provided no problem getting spare parts.

remember...fuel...is your daily usage and from vw, and (subaru especially no missing power at cruising speed)
subaru is for rally racing...she dont wanna do that

abjad
02-25-2011, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
subaru is for rally racing
....we have saloon, nevertheless i like that one, what meter reads and is it six or eight?

Beardo
02-25-2011, 11:00 PM
One word: Honda.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-26-2011, 12:43 AM
subhanAllah

15000 on a car?

you do realise you can get BRILLIANT second hand cars for as low as 5-6 grand? :O

even an 02 plate 5 series shudnt b too much !

M.I.A.
02-26-2011, 02:17 AM
i agree, second hand cars are a good way to buy.

a lot of people sell there cars at three years, thats when most finance agreements are finished.

also most of the depreciation is done by then.. the value wont "plummet" if thats the worry

at three years mine has barely been worn in!

personal recommendation
..seat leon's are great, they are as reliable as vw's.. have a good range of engines (vw :p) and for 15k you can get almost brand new! 2009-2010

also available in descrete or flashy trim.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-26-2011, 04:29 AM
Believe me, I was expecting this from Rashad.
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
One word: Honda.
P.S. Mr. Hossain, I dont like your new screen name. :ermm:

ardianto
02-26-2011, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wiino

....we have saloon, nevertheless i like that one, what meter reads and is it six or eight?
Subaru saloon is not a right choice for her, I think. She wants a family car like VW in post #2
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
i agree, second hand cars are a good way to buy.
Remind me to my daddy who chose to buy used cars instead of new car. When I was in high school there were six cars in my house. One day a guest came, he drove a new Honda Accord. I tried to count total price of cars in my house if I sell it, and compared it with price of that Honda Accord. The result was ................... around 80% of that Honda Accord price. :D

Rabi'ya
02-26-2011, 07:22 AM
:sl:

thanks for all the advice. Does anyone have any advice on Citroen C3? Ive never driven a citroen so was wondering how they are...?

Ghazalah
02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~
Citroen C3?
The new version?

Rabi'ya
02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Yup!!! Any experience or heard any reviews?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!