/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid punishment in the grave?

Flame of Hope
02-26-2011, 10:52 PM
This is a question that has been plaguing my mind for a while. I know that there is punishment in the grave. My apartment is actually situated close to the graveyard.

How can we protect ourselves from the punishment? How to avoid it altogether? Please please! ANY information on this topic would be HIGHLY appreciated. Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
R Khan
02-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Recite Surah Mulk at night before you sleep:

The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave ‘[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

The Prophet said, ‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoevere\recited it , until it puts him into paradise ‘ i.e.Surah al Mulk[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani inAl-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported Rasulullah (sallallahu alaiyhi wasalam) as saying, "There is a Surah which will plead for its reciter till it causes him to enter paradise" (Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk). [Tabrani]

Flame of Hope
02-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Anything else besides Sura Mulk? It's kind of hard to remember to recite it every night since I have so many distractions and it isn't a habit.

tigerkhan
02-27-2011, 04:11 AM
asalamolikum
i heard there will be three question in the Qabar.
1. who is ur RUB, Sustainer. this is a question of eman, a person who have a strong and firm blv in his heart about the Allah SWt , he can answer Allah is my RUB.
2. who is ur prophet. a person who live his life following the way and sunnah of Prophet PBUH can answer, yes Prophet Muhammad PBUH is my Prophet.
3. what is ur deen, religion. a person who follow islam in every matter of life can answer; islam is my deen

so one who answer these question correctly to Mukir Nakir, will be enjoy there, otherwise there will be strict punishment by snakes and fire.

2ndly there are few deeds as told in hadiths, they are very effective to remove punishment form ones qabar.. they are salat, dhikar, reciting quran, charity, patience etc. i heard they will cover a person from all four sides so that punishment cant reach him.

similarly there are few sins we must avoid bcz they mostly bring azab-e-qabar. one is keeping ur body not safe from urine, backbiting, etc.

allah swt keeps us safe from this punishment. ameeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
02-27-2011, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
2ndly there are few deeds as told in hadiths, they are very effective to remove punishment form ones qabar.. they are salat, dhikar, reciting quran, charity, patience etc. i heard they will cover a person from all four sides so that punishment cant reach him.
Jazakallah khair for this information. So this means we need to have plenty of good deeds?

tigerkhan
02-27-2011, 04:35 AM
obviously.........
and if u see these 3 questions, its covers all our life. so we have follow islam and sunnah completely, strength our eman as much as possible. do good deeds as much we can and avoid every sin.
u know in one hadith i was reading, the difference btw momin and munafiq is that, munafiq is ready to rely/trust on every single thing of world except Allah and momin has only and only trust in Allah SWT. so we can see our eman, how much we have blv in our hearts and how much we trust on Allah SWT. how much we avoids haram, we need to learn and struggle more..

Flame of Hope
02-27-2011, 04:51 AM
u know in one hadith i was reading, the difference btw momin and munafiq is that, munafiq is ready to rely/trust on every single thing of world except Allah and momin has only and only trust in Allah SWT. so we can see our eman, how much we have blv in our hearts and how much we trust on Allah SWT. how much we avoids haram, we need to learn and struggle more..
Yes, I also read somewhere that Umar (ra) used to fear being a munafiq. Why would he fear such a thing when he was of those who feared Allah the most?

tigerkhan
02-27-2011, 05:01 AM
^ i always think about this. but one day i got the answer. u know in a school class, which student is most scared of exam and result. the one who is topper or a one who has no interest in study. obviously the topper. same is the case here, Suhaba RA were topper and had prepared all for ahhra, even then they were too scared and we...we had done nothing but we are satisfied... its just we have lack of eman. it is said that eman is btw hope and fear...we have no fear and no hope...we are just careless, had forgot our ahhra.
allah swt help us and give tofiq to strength eman.. ameeen

Flame of Hope
02-27-2011, 05:08 AM
^ i always think about this. but one day i got the answer. u know in a school class, which student is most scared of exam and result. the one who is topper or a one who has no interest in study. obviously the topper.
Sorry brother, could you please explain? I would think that the person who did not study would be fearful of the result, not the person who worked hard for his exam?

tigerkhan
02-27-2011, 05:50 AM
lol my experience is different, we called our studious boys as "thetas". u blv in exam these thetas are just dying of fear of exam. i remember when i was in 2nd year, one day we are preparing for paper, one my arab friend came to us, arab students are most careless in study in our university. he said to me u are always giving dawah to ppl but today u see how i make dawa. there was my one friend abduslam who was too much studios and he dont pray salat even. he said to abduslam that today ur paper will be going very bad bcz the topic u r preparing will not come in paper. and he said u blv its my sixth sense saying this and blv what my sixth sense predicts is always right. and then he say, u know y all this will happened to u, its bcz u had not prayed fajar salat. u blv abduslam feared too much, he went to his room, took his clean clothes from there and pray the missed fajar.
so its a general thing, we need to strength our eman, then obviouly we will got more fear form qabar and hereafter.

Flame of Hope
02-27-2011, 07:54 AM
I did a little bit of investigating and found a hadith in Sahih Bukhari that might explain Umar's fear of hypocrisy. Here it is:

Hadrat Umar mentioned the hadeeth of the Prophet Muhammad (Sal-allahu-alleihi-wasallam): "The thing from which I fear for you the most is the knowledgeable hypocrite." Hadrat Umar was then asked: "How can a hypocrite be knowledgeable?" To which Hadrat Umar answered: "He speaks with wisdom but acts with injustice." [Transmitted by Sahih Bukhari]

Looks like Umar feared that he was unjust or something. But I'm not really sure if this is the reason why he feared being a munafiq. Any ideas?

Flame of Hope
02-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Wondering about something.............if a brother or sister makes du'aa to Allah to protect me from the punishment of the grave, would that help?????????

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!