PDA

View Full Version : What would be the benefits of the Sharia/Khilafah ? I think non Muslims should suppor



truthseeker63
02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
What would be the benefits of the Sharia/Khilafah ? I think non Muslims should support the Sharia/Khilafah because if you are a Jew or a Christian Islam is the first and the last revealed religion Islam being the religion of all the Prophets. Also what I have read Islam gives people the basic needs and at one time did away with Poverty. Also how would non Muslims given these needs if they can't get help from the Zakat could they get help from the tax that non Muslims pay the Jizya also let me point out that Islam will be better at helping people because man made laws gives you a benefit that they can take away at anytime and will and do think of Hitler/Stalin since the Western Nations have man made Constitutions that can change and with the Separation of Religion and State the West has Secular man made laws God's Laws are superior to man made laws.

Ten facts about Sharia law (Islamic law)



The aim of the Shari'ah is to preserve society in a form which is healthy and fruitful for the inhabitants on earth. Shari'ah helps mankind live the way the creator has decreed us to live, and to ease our worship to Allah (SWT).

In (Western) society, there is a race to maintain a basic lifestyle, to provide food, shelter and clothing for you or your family, only to meet the basic necessities. You will see this same behaviour anywhere where the Shari ah is not implemented. To provide even the most basic commodities such as electricity, gas and water it is a hassle and something western democracy has failed to give or provide us even till today, this is why we find the population resorting to crime, effectively leading to mass corruption and depression.

Is it in the governments interest to serve God (Allah) or the political elite? With broken families, high rape, paedophilia, massive percentages of alcohol related diseases and deaths, homelessness, obesity. These statistics reflect the success of a government which rules by man made law and it paints a picture that tells us the government only serve the interests of the political elite, including big corporations, banks and man's desires.

Let us look to what the Shari'ah offers us, and lets see what Allah (SWT) has legislated for mankind. Ultimately, if any book is divine, it will detail all affairs for man and tell us how to deal with today's problems.

http://dcfnfb.blogspot.com/2010/11/t...lamic-law.html
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lynx
02-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Hi


The lack of freedoms that would entail from a Shariah system would by itself guarantee that most non-Muslims would not support any such transition. Moreover, you're asking people to abandon an economic system that has created the most successful nations ever in the history of Earth for one that doesn't even sound sensible on paper. I think you should go back to the drawing board while I go watch the Godfather again-something I wouldn't be able to get a hold of legally in a Shariah state. Gosh.
Reply

GuestFellow
02-27-2011, 12:42 AM
EDIT: nevermind.
Reply

Woodrow
02-27-2011, 01:08 AM
While true Shariah is ideal for a nation that is 100% Muslim and could be workable in a nation that is majority Muslim. It would not be workable in a Nation that is non-Muslim as the greatest reason to adhere to Shariah is the knowledge of Allaah(swt) without the people believing in Allaah(swt) Shariah would be a tool misused by an evil dictator, placing attributes upon himself as being a superior leader. Fear of the strength of Allaah(swt) would be replaced by fear of a dictator and this would be a form of shirk as the populace would be obeying a man and not Allaah(swt)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
جوري
02-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lynx
The lack of freedoms that would entail from a Shariah system would by itself guarantee that most non-Muslims would not support any such transition.
Non-Muslims don't support sharia'a system for the simple reason, they don't want another Ottoman/Abbasaids/Ummayads/Fatmids empire.. no more no less than not wanting their enemies to become a super-power.. the reasons behind it are no more than the cheap slogans that are repeated in your ten o'clock news.. all hate, no substance!

Moreover, you're asking people to abandon an economic system that has created the most successful nations ever in the history of Earth for one that doesn't even sound sensible on paper.
Really.. I guess ponzi schemes can really give that impression.. let's see how well it works when you can no longer invade and subjugate people and steal their wealth for a handful or rich while the rest suffer!

I think you should go back to the drawing board while I go watch the Godfather again-something I wouldn't be able to get a hold of legally in a Shariah state. Gosh.
You should go back to the fifth grade and do introductory history all over again!

all the best
Reply

جوري
02-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
While true Shariah is ideal for a nation that is 100% Muslim and could be workable in a nation that is majority Muslim

I don't agree that only Muslims benefit from Sharia'a. A fair and just system works for everyone.. these people who so oppose it are only driven by their hatred and fear. They've never given sharia'a a try to speak so vehemently against it.. At least I am glad as far as Egypt is concerned that they're shunning the west out and not taking handouts that come at the price of their desires, even when such financial aid is coming from the king of Qatar.. if Egypt would divide Mubarak's wealth on every individual every Egyptian would be a millionaire.

Frankly We need sharia and we need a war with Israel. The people weren't consulted with the so-called peace treaty, We've taken down their 500 million dollar Bar Lev line with water, and I think we can take the rest of them out by merely blowing in their direction!

:w:
Reply

Insecured soul
02-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by
You should go back to the fifth grade and do introductory history all over again!
lynx should take that seriously.
Reply

Lynx
02-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Non-Muslims don't support sharia'a system for the simple reason, they don't want another Ottoman/Abbasaids/Ummayads/Fatmids empire.. no more no less than not wanting their enemies to become a super-power.. the reasons behind it are no more than the cheap slogans that are repeated in your ten o'clock news.. all hate, no substance!
We're talking about Non-Muslims living under a Shariah system. It would be in their best interest to want such a system to be a super power IF they are living under it. If you are going to reply to one of my posts you should obviously read the OP, to which I was replying, in order to establish the context of the discussion.


Really.. I guess ponzi schemes can really give that impression.. let's see how well it works when you can no longer invade and subjugate people and steal their wealth for a handful or rich while the rest suffer!
You should go back to the fifth grade and do introductory history all over again!

all the best
Actually thanks to an economic phenomenon known as 'globalization' everyone else who is suffering will hopefully no longer suffer as the numbers work themselves out.
Reply

جوري
02-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx

We're talking about Non-Muslims living under a Shariah system. It would be in their best interest to want such a system to be a super power IF they are living under it. If you are going to reply to one of my posts you should obviously read the OP, to which I was replying, in order to establish the context of the discussion.
Sharia'a has everyone's best interest. It is a system for ALL mankind not a select few! Until such a time you've studied sharia'a can you come and argue the non benefits to non Muslims.

Actually thanks to an economic phenomenon known as 'globalization' everyone else who is suffering will hopefully no longer suffer as the numbers work themselves out.
yeah, come let me know all about that when the rest of 80% of humanity have caught up with the select few monopolizing it!

http://www.globalissues.org/article/...acts-and-stats

every time you write, we get to know just the depth of your ignorance!

all the best
Reply

Perseveranze
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Peace,

Drinking alcohol, immoderately dressing, smoking, minor punishments for popular and serious crimes - and many other things are that which Non-Muslims can't really live without.

I agree with Woodrow on what he said. When a Non-Muslim reverts to Islam, they sacrifice alot, even though it's bad things, it's still something they are used to. Anyone without the intent of reverting will find it difficult to adjust to Shariah.

Maybe the Christians and Jews wouldn't mind it though, because when Muslims ruled the holy lands with a form of Shariah, all 3 lived peacefully together.
Reply

Lynx
02-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Sharia'a has everyone's best interest. It is a system for ALL mankind not a select few! Until such a time you've studied sharia'a can you come and argue the non benefits to non Muslims.
Maybe you should ask the OP to rephrase his argument in a way where you might be able to understand what exactly he's saying; then, perhaps, you might be able to understand what I was saying.


yeah, come let me know all about that when the rest of 80% of humanity have caught up with the select few monopolizing it!

http://www.globalissues.org/article/...acts-and-stats

If you think the gap between rich and poor is measure of whether or not an economy is successful or just then I highly recommend you become more informed.


@PERSEV
Drinking alcohol, immoderately dressing, smoking, minor punishments for popular and serious crimes - and many other things are that which Non-Muslims can't really live without.
The best thing about the most of the West is that non-muslims can do do all of that if they want to, and Muslims can NOT do any of that if they don't want to. Isn't freedom awesome?
Reply

جوري
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx
Maybe you should ask the OP to rephrase his argument in a way where you might be able to understand what exactly he's saying; then, perhaps, you might be able to understand what I was saying.
You say a great deal of nonsense, and it is only too pleasurable to point out your folly.. You really deserve a PhD in the most inane conclusions drawn!

If you think the gap between rich and poor is measure of whether or not an economy is successful or just then I highly recommend you become more informed.
This is what you wrote..

Originally Posted by Lynx
'globalization' everyone else who is suffering will hopefully no longer suffer as the numbers work themselves out.
So come back and have this talk with this inflated bravado when that 'trickle down economy' has worked itself out!

all the best
Reply

GuestFellow
02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx
Isn't freedom awesome?
I suppose in your world.

Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I don't agree that only Muslims benefit from Sharia'a. A fair and just system works for everyone.
:sl:

I agree.

In my opinion, the Sharia will reduce crime rate which will make life safer for everyone. There will be more structure to family life. Activities such as animal hunting for sport, pornography and gambling will be banned. As for economics I thought this might be interesting:

Originally Posted by Modern Economies and Sharia

Growing at an estimated 15 percent annually, Islamic banking and finance is a worldwide industry that modifies modern business practices to conform to the rules of sharia. Central to this field is riba, the charging or payment of interest, banned under Islamic law. Clever twists on standard financial products like credit cards, savings accounts, mortgages, loans, and even trust funds bypass the interest business model. A 2008 report by the General Council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions estimates the Islamic banking industry to stand at $442 billion. Even big name banks such as Citigroup, HSBC, and Deutsche Bank are developing Islamic banking sectors to cater to the demand. The industry is small in comparison to the global market, but may grow as some non-Muslims are turning to sharia-compliant services. Some of the ethically minded are also switching over to sharia-compliant investments. Businesses are required to avoid transactions related to forbidden things, such as weapons, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, pornography and pork, and investors are guaranteed that their money won't end up financing those industries. Governments are also looking to get a piece of the pie: Malaysia is the largest issuer of sharia-compliant bonds and Indonesia launched its own in January 2009.
Source: Council of Foreign Relations

Originally Posted by Perseveranze

Drinking alcohol, immoderately dressing, smoking, minor punishments for popular and serious crimes - and many other things are that which Non-Muslims can't really live without.
Unfortunately, some Muslims cannot live without them either...if the Sharia were to be introduced, I think it needs to be introduced step by step, for stability and change that people can cope with.
Reply

Lynx
02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

You say a great deal of nonsense, and it is only too pleasurable to point out your folly.. You really deserve a PhD in the most inane conclusions drawn!


This is what you wrote..



So come back and have this talk with this inflated bravado when that 'trickle down economy' has worked itself out!

all the best
And like I said if you think a gap between the rich and poor says anything about an economy except that the rich get richer faster than the poor then you need to inform yourself more on the topic.

@GuestFellow
I suppose in your world.
Well you get no argument out of me that alcohol has very bad consequences for society; however, getting rid of alcohol is extremely difficult because the only way it will ever happen is if people stopped wanting it. Remember what happened last time alcohol was prohibited? AL CAPONE. Moreover, most people don't have their lives ruined due to alcohol so you'd have to justify to them why they should stop drinking (since in their viewpoint no one is forcing you to have that first drink or to go binge drinking etc). So unless you have a plausible strategy to actually eliminate the demand for alcohol suggesting this as an option is meaningless. Finally, you do realize that it will be more than alcohol that will be banned if Shariah were ever to be implemented, right? Like I said, technically I wouldn't be able to even purchase the Godfather trilogy if I really wanted to in a Shariah state.

In my opinion, the Sharia will reduce crime rate which will make life safer for everyone. There will be more structure to family life. Activities such as animal hunting for sport, pornography and gambling will be banned
I agree that there will be more structure to family life. Crime rate is actually a product of economic backgrounds, mostly so I don't know if Shariah would actually lower the crime rate in the projects. I don't know anything about animal hunting or how frequently it happens but pornography and gambling might be banned but will re-appear almost instantaneously in the black market along with booze.

As for economics I thought this might be interesting:
Let's assume the banking system outlined is *better* or at least as good as the current banking system used in the West (though keep in mind western countries all have differing banking systems). The best conclusion you can draw is that we ought to reform our current banking system with some of the stuff outlined (or even all of it); however, there would be no need to import Shariah in the entirety to achieve this reform and so this interesting tidbit becomes moot in the discussion.

Unfortunately, some Muslims cannot live without them either...if the Sharia were to be introduced, I think it needs to be introduced step by step, for stability and change that people can cope with.
This is true. But I think a better system for a place that consists of both devout Muslims, not-so-devout Muslims and non-muslims is where each group can choose how to live their lives. Thankfully in the West the devout Muslims I've known have been able to practice as freely as they want; the not-so-devout Muslims were free to indulge in their desires without hurting anyone else; and the non-Muslims have been able to enjoy whatever path they've chosen (or still choosing). I am not trying to say liberalism or w/e you want to call it is perfect; I just cannot fathom a system that works better for pluralistic societies than what we have in the west.
Reply

GuestFellow
02-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx
Well you get no argument out of me that alcohol has very bad consequences for society; however, getting rid of alcohol is extremely difficult because the only way it will ever happen is if people stopped wanting it. Remember what happened last time alcohol was prohibited?
I know. It will be very difficult because some people cannot live without it.

Moreover, most people don't have their lives ruined due to alcohol so you'd have to justify to them why they should stop drinking (since in their viewpoint no one is forcing you to have that first drink or to go binge drinking etc).
True, there are people that drink sensibly. From experience, however, I've seen drunk people behave inappropriately on the streets and harass those that drink perfectly normal. There are older people that are afraid to go outside at night due to drunkard students.

So I think we need to be balance the benefits of banning alcohol in western countries.

So unless you have a plausible strategy to actually eliminate the demand for alcohol suggesting this as an option is meaningless. Finally, you do realize that it will be more than alcohol that will be banned if Shariah were ever to be implemented, right?
It would not work if the majority want to drink alcohol. I understand that.

Like I said, technically I wouldn't be able to even purchase the Godfather trilogy if I really wanted to in a Shariah state.
Yes, some movies will be banned. I see nothing wrong with this. I know some people will be very upset.

I agree that there will be more structure to family life. Crime rate is actually a product of economic backgrounds, mostly so I don't know if Shariah would actually lower the crime rate in the projects. I don't know anything about animal hunting or how frequently it happens but pornography and gambling might be banned but will re-appear almost instantaneously in the black market along with booze.
Yes, gambling and pornography are more likely to come back.

Let's assume the banking system outlined is *better* or at least as good as the current banking system used in the West (though keep in mind western countries all have differing banking systems). The best conclusion you can draw is that we ought to reform our current banking system with some of the stuff outlined (or even all of it); however, there would be no need to import Shariah in the entirety to achieve this reform and so this interesting tidbit becomes moot in the discussion.
Okay.

This is true. But I think a better system for a place that consists of both devout Muslims, not-so-devout Muslims and non-muslims is where each group can choose how to live their lives. Thankfully in the West the devout Muslims I've known have been able to practice as freely as they want; the not-so-devout Muslims were free to indulge in their desires without hurting anyone else; and the non-Muslims have been able to enjoy whatever path they've chosen (or still choosing). I am not trying to say liberalism or w/e you want to call it is perfect; I just cannot fathom a system that works better for pluralistic societies than what we have in the west.
I do not mind living in a non-Sharia state, as long as I can practice Islam, I'm happy. I would not force a system on the public that they would not like.

I understand banning alcohol, pornography and gambling will be very difficult but not impossible. It could work by a step by step process but it will be very slow. Many people working in those industries will be forced to leave jobs and there are many other implications. The benefits, however, I think will be significant.
Reply

جوري
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx
And like I said if you think a gap between the rich and poor says anything about an economy except that the rich get richer faster than the poor then you need to inform yourself more on the topic.

Perhaps in your smart words which are never altered as you dig yourself into a tiny rat hole how exactly will '''globalization end everyone' suffering and the numbers will work themselves out''?

Go ahead and amuse us some more pls.
Reply

Lynx
03-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ


Perhaps in your smart words which are never altered as you dig yourself into a tiny rat hole how exactly will '''globalization end everyone' suffering and the numbers will work themselves out''?

Go ahead and amuse us some more pls.
"How exactly?" I didn't realize I was teaching a course on global economy. Maybe you should visit your local library instead of asking me something would require pages of writing. I promise the literature is plentiful.
Reply

Ali Mujahidin
03-01-2011, 10:44 AM
There is nothing wrong at all with Islam and the hukum. The problem begins when some people implement their own personal agendas in the name of Islam. The current economic model and legal structure is not based on the truth of Islam. Does it work? Let me give you a simple illustration: In Thailand, there are many people involved in prostitution. Women sell their bodies to get money to buy food for their children. They also use this money to send their children to school. Does this mean that prostitution is a viable economic model? To know the answer, you should ask the prostitutes whose mothers have been prostitutes before them. Before dying of Aids. Back on topic. There is a very real reason why riba is banned in Islam. Use a simple calculator and find out for yourself. Even just one percent compounded interest adds up to a tremendous amount. Which is great if you are the lender. Terrible if you are the lendee, so to say. Of course, the lender must be rich to start with. And the lendee must be poor. That's how the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. I don't think it will happen overnight but we can always make a start by practicing the Sharia wherever and whenever we can. Like in our homes. Insha Allah.
Reply

Zuzubu
03-01-2011, 10:48 AM
This is true, Sharia law is great.
Reply

جوري
03-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx
"How exactly?" I didn't realize I was teaching a course on global economy. Maybe you should visit your local library instead of asking me something would require pages of writing. I promise the literature is plentiful.

In other words you can't elucidate your point so that those pitiful minds that frequent the forum can basque in the credence of your words? Maybe you should do some research before writing empty meaningless words that have no basis in reality beyond the prettiness of their meaning.. the life buoy you threw yourself this time is deflated (as it often is)

all the best
Reply

Lynx
03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ


In other words you can't elucidate your point so that those pitiful minds that frequent the forum can basque in the credence of your words? Maybe you should do some research before writing empty meaningless words that have no basis in reality beyond the prettiness of their meaning.. the life buoy you threw yourself this time is deflated (as it often is)

all the best
Pitiful minds or not, the explanation you ask for would take too long as it requires me to start from scratch. Considering that any information I could give you is freely available in the literature, I don't really see the point in providing the explanation you ask for. If you are too lazy to research for yourself or if you don't have the time to research for yourself, maybe you ought to take into account that I might be too busy to teach you something over an internet message board that entire university courses are designed t to teach.


ThisOldMan

There is nothing wrong at all with Islam and the hukum. The problem begins when some people implement their own personal agendas in the name of Islam. The current economic model and legal structure is not based on the truth of Islam. Does it work? Let me give you a simple illustration: In Thailand, there are many people involved in prostitution. Women sell their bodies to get money to buy food for their children. They also use this money to send their children to school. Does this mean that prostitution is a viable economic model? To know the answer, you should ask the prostitutes whose mothers have been prostitutes before them. Before dying of Aids. Back on topic. There is a very real reason why riba is banned in Islam. Use a simple calculator and find out for yourself. Even just one percent compounded interest adds up to a tremendous amount. Which is great if you are the lender. Terrible if you are the lendee, so to say. Of course, the lender must be rich to start with. And the lendee must be poor. That's how the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. I don't think it will happen overnight but we can always make a start by practicing the Sharia wherever and whenever we can. Like in our homes. Insha Allah.
As I've mentioned to GuestFellow, eliminating interest in the financial system does not mean Shariah is being applied. Importing Shariah involves a whole lot more than just banning interest, most of which are not in the best interest of non-muslims. As Woodrow said so wisely, Shariah would only work if everyone believed the system was created by God.
Reply

MartyrX
03-01-2011, 10:58 PM
As good as it sounds, I don't have as much faith in us as people to be able to pull this off. I'm sorry but it's true. You and me may have the best intentions in the world, but not everyone will look at this as a way to help everyone.
Reply

جوري
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Lynx
Pitiful minds or not, the explanation you ask for would take too long as it requires me to start from scratch. Considering that any information I could give you is freely available in the literature, I don't really see the point in providing the explanation you ask for. If you are too lazy to research for yourself or if you don't have the time to research for yourself, maybe you ought to take into account that I might be too busy to teach you something over an internet message board that entire university courses are designed t to teach.
If it is so freely available why do you waste everyone's time writing utter drivel when you can wow us with your smarts? You make repeated non-points in the time you could have taken to validate your claims yet come here expecting that we do your homework for you? Everyone can see through the transparency of your charade so why do you insist on making a fool of yourself?
Reply

Lynx
03-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

If it is so freely available why do you waste everyone's time writing utter drivel when you can wow us with your smarts? You make repeated non-points in the time you could have taken to validate your claims yet come here expecting that we do your homework for you? Everyone can see through the transparency of your charade so why do you insist on making a fool of yourself?
If you think reading my posts is a waste of time then you have no one to blame but yourself. No one forces you to read what I type so please don't accuse me of wasting 'everyone's time'; you are free like everyone else to read the posts you want to read and to respond to the posts you want to respond to. :)

Also, the time it would take to answer your question is much greater than the time I have invested in the thread so far. Again, if you are so curious you can go to your local library and do the research on your own. This is a message board, not an online course on economics.......if I could explain everything in a paragraph I would but it will take significantly more work to compile the information and I am not willing to put the effort to do that.
Reply

جوري
03-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by Lynx
If you think reading my posts is a waste of time then you have no one to blame but yourself. No one forces you to read what I type so please don't accuse me of wasting 'everyone's time'; you are free like everyone else to read the posts you want to read and to respond to the posts you want to respond to. :)

Also, the time it would take to answer your question is much greater than the time I have invested in the thread so far. Again, if you are so curious you can go to your local library and do the research on your own. This is a message board, not an online course on economics.......if I could explain everything in a paragraph I would but it will take significantly more work to compile the information and I am not willing to put the effort to do that.
Why don't you cut the crap and corroborate your claims? If you can't put up then shut up!

all the best
Reply

Lynx
03-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Why don't you cut the crap and corroborate your claims? If you can't put up then shut up!

all the best
I can't be bothered. I don't expect you to teach someone intro to biology on an internet forum so please return the courtesy.
Reply

جوري
03-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lynx
I can't be bothered. I don't expect you to teach someone intro to biology on an internet forum so please return the courtesy.
If I had a point to make with biology then I do take the time to teach it. That is the whole point of my 'Medical student review thread' as well many other threads of similar nature--as far as everyone's concerned you can't validate your point and that is the only reason you've made 7-8 posts dodging an honest reply!
Reply

Lynx
03-02-2011, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

If I had a point to make with biology then I do take the time to teach it. That is the whole point of my 'Medical student review thread' as well many other threads of similar nature--as far as everyone's concerned you can't validate your point and that is the only reason you've made 7-8 posts dodging an honest reply!
I know you have started several threads like the medical student review but what I said was "i don't expect you to". This is a strange internet forum mentality you have; you know that a body of literature exists that will answer your question, but instead you choose to ignore it and you want me, specifically, to take time out of my day and explain something that has already been explained numerous times in various articles/books. I get that you think it's easier if I just summarize all of the research and theories into one post but you're not taking into account that I am just as disinclined to complete such a task as you are disinclined to go the library and figure out the answer for yourself. You can think I am dodging the issue if you want; frankly I am plainly telling you that I am not going through the trouble to answer your question. The way I see it if you were truly interested in learning about the topic then you would have made some sort of intention to visit the library (or download books or w/e) as I suggested. Since you do not possess any genuine interest in learning about the topic I won't feel guilty leaving you in your cloud of ignorance. This back and forth dialogue has gone longer than I wanted to but as you can tell this type of behavior on internet forums is a pet peeve on mine. Imagine how I feel when people start threads like "is the theory of evolution true"; well genius, there are probably a billion discussions on a billion internet forums on top of the millions of scholarly work done on topic. Why not just use the precious google button and stop being lazy !
Reply

جوري
03-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lynx
I know you have started several threads like the medical student review but what I said was "i don't expect you to". This is a strange internet forum mentality you have; you know that a body of literature exists that will answer your question, but instead you choose to ignore it and you want me, specifically, to take time out of my day and explain something that has already been explained numerous times in various articles/books. I get that you think it's easier if I just summarize all of the research and theories into one post but you're not taking into account that I am just as disinclined to complete such a task as you are disinclined to go the library and figure out the answer for yourself. You can think I am dodging the issue if you want; frankly I am plainly telling you that I am not going through the trouble to answer your question. The way I see it if you were truly interested in learning about the topic then you would have made some sort of intention to visit the library (or download books or w/e) as I suggested. Since you do not possess any genuine interest in learning about the topic I won't feel guilty leaving you in your cloud of ignorance. This back and forth dialogue has gone longer than I wanted to but as you can tell this type of behavior on internet forums is a pet peeve on mine. Imagine how I feel when people start threads like "is the theory of evolution true"; well genius, there are probably a billion discussions on a billion internet forums on top of the millions of scholarly work done on topic. Why not just use the precious google button and stop being lazy !

I told you to cut the crap put up or shut up.. either prove your point or admit that you've made another non-point. I can't stand all this worthless verbiage.. You have the time to write this much crap and don't have the time to put together a cohesive abstract? I mean we already know why, but why do you insist on the charade?
Reply

Lynx
03-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ


I told you to cut the crap put up or shut up.. either prove your point or admit that you've made another non-point. I can't stand all this worthless verbiage.. You have the time to write this much crap and don't have the time to put together a cohesive abstract? I mean we already know why, but why do you insist on the charade?
Yes I have the time to write this much crap because the crap I am writing takes no time or effort at all. Why do you have an aversion to independent learning?
Reply

جوري
03-02-2011, 01:19 PM


There is much truth in this statement:
Originally Posted by Lynx
the crap I am writing takes no time or effort at all.


Thank you for at least admitting the obvious.. quit concocting B.S and sticking it on forums as if factual.. least of which when you can't sustain it!
Reply

Ummshareef
03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by truthseeker63
What would be the benefits of the Sharia/Khilafah ?
The key benefits would be a safe and fair society with low crime rates, where families could raise their children in peace, knowing that anyone breaking Allah's laws would be dealt with swiftly and severely in order to protect the reat of society, insha'allah.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!