/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone...

Seventytwo
02-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Posting the obligatory introduction thread! Yay! :D

Came here to get some new perspectives and talk with some new people who I don't really associate with on a face-to-face basis. Also wanted to hear and read discussions about the muslim world and about the revolutions going on right now.

I've spent a lot of time before discussing religious matters with christians on forums on the internet, so I suppose I would consider myself pretty seasoned with that, but I certainly don't know as much about Islam than I do Christianity - learning experience here! Umm... I'm fairly well-rounded with my knowledge of politics, but I must admit, I don't keep up on the news as much as I would like to... Definitely not going to start any flamewars or troll on here. I came here for discussion and my own interest in a Muslim perspective about all things: politics, humanity, the environment, the future, the revolutions, life, religion, etc...

A bit about myself:

Sex: Male
Religion: None
Study: Electrical Engineering
Political Orientation: independent/left

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-27-2011, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Seventytwo

seasoned at 22? you need to be of a certain vintage on this forum to have the label of ''seasoned''.. nonetheless :welcome: aboard!

Seventytwo
02-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Ha, well, I am certainly a noobie on this forum! I am still young, but I have definitely spent some time on the subject matter. With that said, "seasoned" is subjective, and I am sure I have much to learn here. Thanks for the welcome!

Rabi'ya
02-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey!!

Greetings, and welcome to the forum!! Look forward to seeing your posts. I am sure they will be interesting :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
02-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey seventytwo :)

Here's a good link to give you a basic overview on Islam (which discusses all the issues you've mentioned in your first post);

http://islamreligion.com

Look forward to your stay!

Peace.

PouringRain
02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Neelofar
02-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a beneficial stay!

Seventytwo
02-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

Amat Allah
02-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Wellcome my respected brother to our family...

enjoy your stay in shaa Allah...

May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness ...Aameeeen

Ramadhan
02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the forum!
hope yu have enjoyable and beneficial stay

format_quote Originally Posted by
seasoned at 22?
I considered myself seasoned at the ripe age of 22 :D
Boy, Was I so wrong!

selsebil
02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum brother.Hope you'd benefit from your stay here.

Woodrow
02-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the forums.Glad to see you have an interest in learning about us instead of just accepting the media view. You will find we are very diverse and come in all shapes, sizes and colors from very diverse backgrounds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!