/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement to Have Children

Amat Allah
02-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Encouragement to Have Children

Children have a lofty status in Islam, and a high rank. Allah has encouraged us to seek after them:

"...so now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring)..."

[Noble Quran 2:187]

The scholars of Tafsir (explanation of the Quran) explain that what is meant be seeking
that which Allah has ordained for you is seeking reward and good - from which is pious offspring.

This encouragement is further clarified and manifested by the order of the Messenger
(Peace and blessings be upon him) in his saying:

"Marry the loving and the fertile because through you, I will compete with the nations for superiority in numbers."

[Abu Dawud and others]

From this we can clearly see the error of those who waste away their family lives using various forms of contraception
and therefore preventing themselves and their society from this divine blessing and the beautiful adornment
with which Allah has ordained this world. Allah says:

"Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world..."

[Noble Quran 18:46]

So children are a great blessing and something good, and this blessing and good becomes complete
when the children are righteous and good - which will not be achieved unless the fathers and mothers
train and educate them properly upon Islam and its manners from the first moments of their lives as part of the growing family.
Then and only then will they be a pleasure to the eyes and bring happiness to their hearts. Allah says:

"And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes,
and make us leaders for the Muttaqun [i.e. pious and righteous persons who fear Allah mush
(abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden)
and love Allah mush (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]."

[Noble Quran 25:74]

And besides encouraging us to seek children, Islam has also made them a great source of good,
and also a means of receiving great reward for the parents both in their lives and after their deaths -
so pious children are an extension to the lives of their parents after their deaths and a continuing means of acquiring good
and reward for them. Concerning this Allah's Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"A servant will have his rank raised and will say: 'O my Lord how has this come about for me?'
He says: 'Through your sons after you seeking forgiveness for you."

[Sahih by Ahmad and Ibn Majah]

And he (Peace and blessings be upon him) also said:

"When the son of Adam dies his actions are cut off except for three: A continuing charity,
or some knowledge from which benefit is derived, or a righteous son who makes supplication for him."

[Muslim and Ahmad]

From the bounteous favors of Allah with regards to one's offspring, He has made the child a source of good for its parents in all conditions,
since if he lives longer than them he benefits them by supplicating for them and asking them for forgiveness for them
- as occurs in the above Hadith.

On the other hand, if the child dies before them, then he will intercede for them
and be a precursor for them in Paradise, and this can be seen clearly in the following Hadiths:

The Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said to the women:

"There is not amongst you a woman of whose children three die except that they
will be a shield for her from the Fire. A woman said: "And two?" So he said, "And them."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

A woman came with a child of hers and said, "O Prophet of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) supplicate for him,
for I have already buried three." So he said, 'You have buried three!'
She said, "Yes." He said, 'You have indeed protected yourself with a strong shield from the Fire."

[Muslim]

And he (Peace and blessings be upon him) said to a man whose son had died:

"Do you not love that you will not come to any gate from the gates of Paradise except that you will find him awaiting you?"
So a man said, 'Is that for him in particular O Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him),
or for all of us?' He said, "Rather for all or you."

[Sahih by Ahmad and an-Nasa'i]

The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Your small children will roam freely in Paradise when one of them meets his father
- or he said; his parents - he will take hold of the edge of his garment or his hand,
as I now take hold of the edge of your garment, and not let go until Allah admits him and his father into Paradise."

[Muslim]

And he (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"By Him in whose Hand is my soul the miscarried fetus will bring his mother
by his umbilical cord into paradise if she patiently awaits reward."

[Hasan by Ibn Majah]

Khadejah Jones
Share Islam Team
ShareIslam.com

May Allah bless, protect our children and make them from Assaaliheen and reward them and us with Al Firdaws
without being reckoning and grant those who are married with children and grant those who are not married yet
with good and pious wives and husbands and cool their eyes with them and fill their lives with the happiness
of having good healthy and righteous children Ameeeeeen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yas2010
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
SubhanAllah. Thank you sister for sharing!

tigerkhan
02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
honestly, in near past i dont like children and never wished/think to have children but u blv now i wished if i have such cutu child as in above picture, it would be a wonderful....lol

Amat Allah
03-01-2011, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
SubhanAllah. Thank you sister for sharing!
Thanks to you my sweet heart for honoring me with your reply ^^, May Allah love you, be pleased with you, ease everything for ya in this life and in the Hereafter and May Allah shower you with His mercy and blessings and fill your pure heart with the endless peace, comfort ,love of Allah, taqwa, imaan and the endless happiness and satisfaction both in dunya and Akhirah and reward you with the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning and all the Ummah Ameeeeen

Humbly, I love you unconditionaly , deeply and endlessly for the sake of Allah O slave of Allah and a dear and precious sister of Amat Allah (slave of Allah)...:statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
honestly, in near past i dont like children and never wished/think to have children but u blv now i wished if i have such cutu child as in above picture, it would be a wonderful....lol
Alhamdulillah for that, then may Allah love you be pleased with you and make the above Duaa come true for you and all the Ummah Aaameeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
whitesoul
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Assalamu alaykum, may i ask as much a married couple wants a child but they know that they can't for a medical reason will they have a child in jannah waiting for them? And would they have the same impact as written above if they where to adopt a child as in the Uk its 'hard' for a muslim couple to adopt a child for all the rules and regulations. as i know a sister who dreamed on having a big family knows that now shes married that she may not be able to have one, and this post made me tearful as its full of heart and love been put into it. she is a patient sister and she trusts in Allah that maybe one day she will hold a child of her own.

Zuzubu
03-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I have my own reasons to have kids.

That chineze man with 32 wives gives me encourage to have 50 kids. =D insha'Allah

Amat Allah
04-16-2011, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by whitesoul
Assalamu alaykum, may i ask as much a married couple wants a child but they know that they can't for a medical reason will they have a child in jannah waiting for them?

Wa Alikum Assalaam wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakaatuh

I don`t know my sweetheart but in Jami Attirmithi had been mentioned in a Sahih hadeeth that :

Sayyidina Abu Sa’eed Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah’s Messenger (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “When a believer wishes for a child in Paradise, its conception, delivery and growth will take place as he wishes in a moment.”

[Ahmed 11063]

format_quote Originally Posted by whitesoul
And would they have the same impact as written above if they where to adopt a child
according to my knowledge adopting is not lawful in Islam and if you want to raise a child you must be his foster mother means: to breast feed him five times and this must be during the first two years of the baby`s life...

and Allah`s Messenger said:"I and the guardian of an orphan will be in paradise like this.” and he gestured with his two fingers, the index finger and the middle finger".

[Ahmed 22883]

and May Allah grant that sister the cool of her eyes from children and all who are dreaming of this too Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen just advice her of saying Al Istighfaar always and in shaa Allah khayer...^^ May Allah love you my sweetie Ameeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
I have my own reasons to have kids. That chineze man with 32 wives gives me encourage to have 50 kids. =D insha'Allah
what do you want ? an army Ma shaa Allah? May Allah grant ya pious children as much as you wish Ameeeeeeen

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Jazakallaahu Khaair for sharing uktee.

Great post, masha'Allaah.

Amat Allah
04-20-2011, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Jazakallaahu Khaair for sharing uktee. Great post, masha'Allaah.

Wa Iyaki honey May Allah make you from Assaliheen Al Mut`taqeen and Al Muh`sineen and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!