/* */

PDA

View Full Version : :(

Hannah.
02-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm coming towards the end of my first year of A levels, and I hate it. I chose to study business studies, maths, computing & chemistry. Out of these four subjects, I only like business studies and a bit of maths (its getting harder though but I can manage iA).

My dad told me computing would be a good way to go for me as he is a software developer himself so I 'believed him' and took that up as a subject. Its hell. I'm the only girl in my class filled with computer geeks and our teacher expects us to program like Bill Gates.

And don't ask me about chemistry. It. Is. Driving. Me. Insane. I used to love chemistry at GCSE so I thought A level Chem would be fine but boy was I wrong. The highest grade I've achieved so far is a flipping E.

I want to go to university so badly and study business management.. but most of the uni's require me to get atleast ABB at A2 and a B at AS. Alhumdulilah it won't be that difficult getting that A grade in business and a B in maths but B's in computing and chemistry?! I don't know :(

Please could someone give advice or possibly cheer me up? Jazak'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
03-01-2011, 10:26 PM
All u can do is try your best, there are options to drop one which may give u some time to focus on the other difficult subject, not ideal but good if u want the chance of a better grade. It all depends if u have desires to go to a good uni, i messed about in a levels jus not doing anything, failed miserably and then got back in track by goin uni, yes it werent the best cos they accepte my poor grades but i workd hard and got a 2:1 and now have a decent paid job mashAllah, so u can still gey what u want its jus may be in a different way to which u had originally ha hoped for, good luck

Alpha Dude
03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Chemistry and Maths require practice and lots of it. For your exam modules, definitely go through all the past papers of the last few years and you'll notice that they ask similar sort of questions each time, so learn the method behind them and you'll be alright inshaAllah.

Most people drop the the 4th subject at a2 so which is your weakest, you can leave next year. Just try to do your best now.

Hamza Asadullah
03-03-2011, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
I'm coming towards the end of my first year of A levels, and I hate it. I chose to study business studies, maths, computing & chemistry. Out of these four subjects, I only like business studies and a bit of maths (its getting harder though but I can manage iA).

My dad told me computing would be a good way to go for me as he is a software developer himself so I 'believed him' and took that up as a subject. Its hell. I'm the only girl in my class filled with computer geeks and our teacher expects us to program like Bill Gates.

And don't ask me about chemistry. It. Is. Driving. Me. Insane. I used to love chemistry at GCSE so I thought A level Chem would be fine but boy was I wrong. The highest grade I've achieved so far is a flipping E.

I want to go to university so badly and study business management.. but most of the uni's require me to get atleast ABB at A2 and a B at AS. Alhumdulilah it won't be that difficult getting that A grade in business and a B in maths but B's in computing and chemistry?! I don't know :(

Please could someone give advice or possibly cheer me up? Jazak'Allah
Asalaamu Alaikum, from past experience i can tell you that once you hate a subject then it is very unlikely that you will ever like it. I also did computing in college and hated it. I tried to enjoy it but couldnt. It is highly unlikely that you will start enjoying Computing and chemistry because they will just get harder.

I would suggest that if you want to do Business Management at University then you should seriously consider dropping Chemistry and Computing at the beginning of the new college year and pick two interesting subjects which you will enjoy doing and get good grades in which will enable you to get into the University and course of your choice.

Do not be ashamed of dropping subjects and doing an extra year as many people make ammendments at college and University as we cannot always make the right choices the first time around. There is no point forcing your heart to do soemthing you do not enjoy or want to do.

Also do not give in to pressure from your father for you to do a subject they want you to do. They have your best interest at heart and you should always consider what they say but the final choice is yours for you are the one that has to do those subjects. In a gentle manner tell your father that you really do not enjoy Computing or Chemistry and want to do the subjects you enjoy in which you will get a good grade so that you can get into a course and University of your choice.

I pray whatever is best for you will happen inshallah.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I know how you feel I'm trapped on a computing degree and can't stand it anymore. I'm just doing it now because I've paid the money for it but I do not think I will get an I.T job because I have no interest in it anymore.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!