/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Salman Rusdie

LavaDog
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
From what I understand about killing apostates in Islam, the call for execution on Salman Rusdie was invalid. It could have only taken place if he was living in a Islamic country with an Islamic court after being given the chance to repent. But if he was in a Islamic country he would easily fit the criteria for an apostate. Do you think that writing a book warrants a death sentence? Would you support his execution.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
:sl:

I remember Dr Zakir Naik answered questions at Oxford University. From what he said was that a Muslim were to convert to a different religion or adopts atheism will generally not be executed. Execution will occur when a former Muslim commits treason, creates confusion within the Islamic community or insults Islam.

Salman Rushdie created a book called the Satanic Verses. From what I understand, Rushdie will be executed if he wrote that book in an Islamic State. Outside the Islamic State, nothing should happen to him.

The death penalty is not the only option. The judge has a wide range of sentences available.

Muezzin
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LavaDog
From what I understand about killing apostates in Islam, the call for execution on Salman Rusdie was invalid. It could have only taken place if he was living in a Islamic country with an Islamic court after being given the chance to repent. But if he was in a Islamic country he would easily fit the criteria for an apostate. Do you think that writing a book warrants a death sentence? Would you support his execution.
Any book that warrants an execution must be a helluva read.

But more seriously, I'd have to read the work in question before making such a judgement call. I would hope that others would the same.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!