/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is Islamic dress code for Sisters

ayan333
02-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Salamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu,

I live in America and Alhamdulilah my parents have been really good in teaching us the islamic dress code.We stopped waring pants publicly when we came of age(6th grade or so) and for about the last 3 years ive slowly started waring Abayas only.I have alot of skirts and long shirts and all but i once wen to a seminar and the shiekh said that it wasnt allowed.Can some one please help clarify this.JazakALLAH Khair in advance

Wasalamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
03-03-2011, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333
Salamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu,

I live in America and Alhamdulilah my parents have been really good in teaching us the islamic dress code.We stopped waring pants publicly when we came of age(6th grade or so) and for about the last 3 years ive slowly started waring Abayas only.I have alot of skirts and long shirts and all but i once wen to a seminar and the shiekh said that it wasnt allowed.Can some one please help clarify this.JazakALLAH Khair in advance

Wasalamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu,
Asalaamu Alaikum, It is far better that you wear a jilbaab (outer garment) along with an abaya. The jilbaab will cover your whole body and not show any definition whereas if you wore a skirt or long shirt then they may hug against your body. The jilbaab will ensure that this does not happen.

For more information on Jilbaab please visit the following link which has some good resources on jilbaab:

http://www.idealmuslimah.com/dress/jilbaab

If you have anymore questions or need any help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

May Allah give you the best if this world and the hereafter. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!