/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The World's 10 Weirdest Laws Not to Break

جوري
03-01-2011, 01:57 AM
The World's 10 Weirdest Laws Not to Break

Print this page

Next time you plan to go fishing, wear a dress, put on false facial hair or murder your husband's Hong Kong-based mistress with anything other than your bare hands, you had better think again. There may be an oddball law prohibiting it. #plain_module { width: 590px; height: 200px; border: medium none; float: left; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; }#plain_module img { width: 13px; border: 0px none; margin: 0px; }#plain_module .mini_main { margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 585px; height: 220px; }#plain_module .mini_item_header { padding: 10px 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); border-bottom: 1px dotted rgb(204, 204, 204); }#plain_module .mini_item { padding: 5px 0px; margin: 0px; }#plain_module a { color: rgb(73, 163, 202); text-decoration: none; }#plain_module a:hover { color: rgb(249, 132, 25); text-decoration: underline; }span.gray { color: rgb(148, 148, 148); }.mini_main li { list-style-type: none; background-image: url("http://www.aolcdn.com/travel/bullet"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 0pt 1px; padding-left: 10px; }

Wacky laws are alive and well and on the books in most American states and in many international destinations. Although it is rare to find oneself under arrest for driving more than 2,000 sheep down Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles or throwing out anything but water and chicken feathers from a car in California, the law is the law and it could happen.

To prevent getting tickets, fines or spending time in the clinker, here are the top ten of the wackiest laws you need to know about as you head off in your travels.

1. In Alabama, it is unlawful to wear a false mustache in church and cause "unseemly laughter." The state also keeps a law against driving while blindfolded on the books, just in case you are in a hurry to get to church and do not want to be sidelined by even the possibility of seeing someone with a false mustache and risk breaking into a gale of chortles.

2. In Phoenix, Arizona, the law states that every man who enters the city limits must wear pants. Maybe this was aimed at Scottish bagpipe players, but the law has ensured the city stays clean of men in skirts from wherever they hail.

3. In Hawaii, coins may not to be placed in one's ears. You can wear them in your nose, on your toes and under your arms but the ears are definitely out. Magicians take note.

4. In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays. And it is illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all. This law is so critical to the upholding of ethical behavior in the state that the Billings Convention and Visitors Bureau featured the tidbit of information on its website.

5. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth. But a note from hubby should make it all ok again no matter where the spectacle occurs.

6. In Australia, you'll never be far from a comfortable bed of sorts if you are in a taxi. Taxicabs are required by law to carry a bale of hay in the trunk at all times.

7. In Singapore – a country where caning is not an act reserved for wicker furnishings, and mandatory death penalties are handed down for many narcotics offenses – take care of what you do with that plastic water bottle. A litter law dating from 1968 states if you drop trash on the ground you can pay up to $1,000. Do it again and you might be forced to do community labor and pay another fine. Even worse you'll have to wear a bright fluorescent jacket that says in so many words, "I am a litter lout." Similar statutes are in place for relieving yourself in an elevator. Better keep that plastic water bottle handy.

8. In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 p.m. in most apartment houses. Polite as always, this considerate population would rather suffer a build up in the toilet bowl than a row with neighbors over the roar of flushing through the midnight hours.

9. In Thailand, it is illegal to leave the house without wearing underwear. Perhaps it's a public health issue or a law aimed at the ladies of Patpong who might be practicing their amazing feats while walking through the supermarket or seated on the bus. It is not clear how the law is enforced, however, nor what the penalty is and whether a note from one's spouse will make everything right again.

10. In Connecticut, it is illegal cross the street while walking on your hands in Hartford, Connecticut.

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/2..._lnk3%7C203940

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Yep them hand walkers in Connecticut were a real threat before that law was passed.

جوري
03-01-2011, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yep them hand walkers in Connecticut were a real threat before that law was passed.

:haha: yeah I recall John John's fiance doing that quite often..

I must admit I'd never want to live in Switzerland with my stomach problems.. eeeekkkkk

:w:

LavaDog
03-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Its still illegel not to smile in my town.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-01-2011, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LavaDog
Its still illegel not to smile in my town.

what is you're having a crappy crappy day? plastic surgery is the answer I guess lol..

:w:

Eric H
03-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ;

Warning, Warning, more whacky laws that must be obeyed, if you read further you will know about them, you cannot plead ignorance of the law any more. ;D;D;D

In Memphis, Tennessee, a woman is not to drive a car unless a man warns approaching motorists or pedestrians by walking in front of the car that is being driven.

In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.

California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.

In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.

In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.

In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.

In Rochester, Michigan, the law is that anyone bathing in public must have the bathing suit inspected by a police officer !

In Kentucky, it's the law that a person must take a bath once a year.

In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates.

In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus.

In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose in the street!

In Washington State, you can't carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length.

In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned.

In the state of Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light !

In Phoenix, Arizona, you can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on.

In California, a law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing.

In Utah, daylight must be visible between dancing couples.

In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle.

In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave.

In Texas, it is still a "hanging offense" to steal cattle.

http://www.strangefacts.com/laws.html

Perseveranze
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I like Singapore's law :)

Zuzubu
03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
ROFL!!!!

yeah, trash at the floor should be illegal. =)

MartyrX
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Finally a state puts a stop to those people driving with blindfolds!

sister herb
03-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I also like these laws...

IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
A pregnant woman can legally urinate anywhere she wants, including if she requests, in a policeman's hat.
A bed may not be hung out of a window.
It is illegal to eat mince pies on 25th December.
Damaging grass is illegal.
In York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within its ancient city walls but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
In Liverpool, it is illegal for saleswomen to be topless, but only in tropical fish stores.
In London, taxis are required to carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.

Be carefull Scotsmen in York... :exhausted

sister herb
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
This one sounds very good too:

In Iceland, it is illegal to blow on lampposts.

Insaanah
03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
How about a new law just about to be passed...

“Passing Gas” in Public to Be Made Criminal in Malawi

http://www.talkafrique.com/news-flas...-malawi-africa
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ind-crime.html

Ansariyah
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
hahha =p

wat tha!

Some of them cracked me up bigg..wont say which tho lol.

Woodrow
03-02-2011, 12:18 AM
North Dakota refuses to be left out of this thread

Stupid Laws from North Dakota

It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.

Beer and pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.

It is legal to shoot an Indian on horseback, provided you are in a covered wagon.

New Year's celebrations are somewhat bland in this town as fireworks may not be set off after 11:00 PM! (Devils Lake)

One may be jailed for wearing a hat while dancing, or even for wearing a hat to a function where dancing is taking place. (Fargo)

It is very unlikely any Muslim would break any of those laws as they seem to all be related to haram activities anyhow. But it is stupid they even had to be written

جوري
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
How about a new law just about to be passed... “Passing Gas” in Public to Be Made Criminal in Malawi http://www.talkafrique.com/news-flas...-malawi-africa

bwahaha between Switzerland and Malawi humans are screwed..
I don't understand why people picket against sharia'a but this stuff is acceptable :lol:

Ghazalah
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 p.m. in most apartment houses. Polite as always, this considerate population would rather suffer a build up in the toilet bowl than a row with neighbors over the roar of flushing through the midnight hours.
Must have some stinky apartments in Switzerland then eh. :hmm:

جوري
03-02-2011, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Must have some stinky apartments in Switzerland then eh.

I think it is European thing.. today I was working with these french frogs and they all smelled of pee.. I wanted to vomit..
I think my biggest peeve in the world is odor..

GuestFellow
03-02-2011, 01:19 AM
I have a stupid UK law to share.

Occupiers Liability Act 1984...duty of care towards trespassers. <_<

جوري
03-02-2011, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
have a stupid UK law to share. Occupiers Liability Act 1984...duty of care towards trespassers.

The stupidest UK law is that TV license.. what the.. I was stunned when I was there.. I was like what is next, license to have children.. bloody insufferable brits.. well at least they're not frogs like the french.. btw how is the hygiene there now?

GuestFellow
03-02-2011, 01:34 AM
^ Hygiene? Fine I suppose lol.

جوري
03-02-2011, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ Hygiene? Fine I suppose lol.

:haha: you know the saying people get accustomed to the scent after 15 mins.. but it wasn't the case for me, that rancid pee I smelt off those bloody frogs for 9 hours..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!