PDA

View Full Version : 'I love Hitler': new scandal hits John Galliano



جوري
03-01-2011, 02:06 AM
'I love Hitler': new scandal hits John Galliano


Michel Euler/AP
John Galliano arrives at the police station in Paris


The British fashion designer John Galliano, already suspended by Christian Dior for allegedly making anti-Semitic remarks, has been captured on video saying "I love Hitler" and glorifying the Holocaust.
Mr Galliano, 50, was summoned by Paris police yesterday to face three people who accused him of racially abusing them in a Parisian bar in two separate incidents. The fashion designer denies the allegations and has made counter-accusations that a couple on Thursday defamed, insulted and threatened him. However, a mobile phone video posted on the internet shows Mr Galliano making a verbal, racial attack on customers in a Paris bar in December. The Dior creative director, apparently the worse for drink, is captured in mid-argument.
A woman asks: "Are you blond, with blue eyes?" Mr Galliano, wearing a large, felt hat, replies: "No, but I love Hitler, and people like you would be dead today. Your mothers, your forefathers, would be... gassed and... dead."


http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...o-2228517.html
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Punishable by imprisonment to exercise your freedom of speech in France by making an 'Anti-Semitic' remark.. but apparently applauded and defended when it is against Muslims (who are in fact Semites by landslide compared to their Jewish counterparts)
Shouldn't we make it illegal for these racists to make such remarks against Muslims as well and not just the Jews..

something to ponder about overt western hypocrisy!

:w:
Reply

Ramadhan
03-01-2011, 03:48 AM
I was going to post this same article too.

Although we don't know what really happened and what prompted galliano to make the slur. But from this and countless incidents in the past, apparently, you cannot mouth a single bad thing about a jew without losing your job, etc.
It seems only a jew has the right to make joke about themselves.
Reply

جوري
03-01-2011, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by naidamar
the past, apparently, you cannot mouth a single bad thing about a jew without losing your job, etc.

It is actually illegal and punishable by imprisonment of course ruining the career is a must, but it is entirely not the point, it is a surprise to be coming from a completely xenophobic, racist country that constantly brays and barks about ''freedom of speech''
How hypocritical can they get? Why not just come out and say what we all know?

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Rabi Mansur
03-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Punishable by imprisonment to exercise your freedom of speech in France by making an 'Anti-Semitic' remark.. but apparently applauded and defended when it is against Muslims (who are in fact Semites by landslide compared to their Jewish counterparts)
Shouldn't we make it illegal for these racists to make such remarks against Muslims as well and not just the Jews..

something to ponder about overt western hypocrisy!

:w:
Good point. If he had said "I hate Muslims" or made a disparaging remark against Islam or Muhammad (SAW) or something like that no one would have batted an eye. I hear remarks disparaging Muslims all the time here in the West and no one cares. The idiots just nod in agreement.
:wa:
Reply

Insecured soul
03-01-2011, 04:19 AM
all correct, btw, this guys looks so funny though

hehe
Reply

جوري
03-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by Insecured soul
all correct, btw, this guys looks so funny though hehe

He is a homosexual perhaps he can counter litigate using the homophobic card? :)
Reply

Aprender
03-01-2011, 04:31 AM
You're right. It is true in the West if you say anything bad about a Jew you're pretty much done. CNN's Rick Sanchez was fired not too long ago for the same thing.

Although, I think they tried to even the score by firing NPR News Analyst Juan Williams last year for making a statement about Muslims on planes.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...1935993&page=1

Thing is, he still has his job over at FOX so this wasn't a big deal.
Reply

جوري
03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Originally Posted by Aprender
You're right. It is true in the West if you say anything bad about a Jew you're pretty much done. CNN's Rick Sanchez was fired not too long ago for the same thing. Although, I think they tried to even the score by firing NPR News Analyst Juan Williams last year for making a statement about Muslims on planes. http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...1935993&page=1 Thing is, he still has his job over at FOX so this wasn't a big deal.

Fact is Muslims were forced off planes for suspicion alone.. It makes me sick to think of this seething hatred and hypocrisy and but we're greatly to blame for the more concessions we make the more leverage they have..

:w:
Reply

GuestFellow
03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
:sl:

Does not anti-semitism apply to Arabs too? I never understood how some Jews view themselves as a race. I see them as following a religion called Judaism.

Anyway, the fashion designer should be punished for making stupid comments.

Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Shouldn't we make it illegal for these racists to make such remarks against Muslims as well and not just the Jews..
That will not happen. Some westerners hate Muslims and the media is not generally interested in rude remarks against Muslims. More hatred towards Muslims justifies the war against terror.
Reply

Zuzubu
03-01-2011, 12:58 PM
That's sad. But is it fine to like Hitler? Because some muslims told me "Hitler helped us killing the jews! and he made remarkable speeches and was very intelligent indeed." So is it fine if you like him? Eventhough I know he killed innoncent people and made suicide which proves him hell.
Reply

Ramadhan
03-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by
Because some muslims told me "Hitler helped us killing the jews! and he made remarkable speeches and was very intelligent indeed." So is it fine if you like him? Eventhough I know he killed innoncent people and made suicide which proves him hell.

That's some idiots talking.
Muslims should not transgress.
Reply

GuestFellow
03-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Zuzubu
That's sad. But is it fine to like Hitler? Because some muslims told me "Hitler helped us killing the jews! and he made remarkable speeches and was very intelligent indeed." So is it fine if you like him? Eventhough I know he killed innoncent people and made suicide which proves him hell.
Salaam,

Those Muslims must be ignorant. Unfortunately, there are some Muslims that have not studied history very well. So ignorance is the main problem.
Reply

Neelofar
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Uh-oh someone made a boo-boo :p his hair is straighter than mine! =|
Reply

LavaDog
03-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Hitler helped us killing the jews
The nazis loved Islam, and I've talked to a lot of muslims that love the nazis. Its easy to understand since the nazis had plans to kick the british out of the middle east and were basically in an allicance with palastine and iran.
Reply

Zuzubu
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
True Lava, but that time jews and muslims were good fellows. Hitler complimented Islam and the Qur'an and said that it was sad that muslims were dark. lol, I remmember reading this somewhere.

But really, those who did not die, have families in Israel.
Reply

Rhubarb Tart
03-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by LavaDog
The nazis loved Islam, and I've talked to a lot of muslims that love the nazis. Its easy to understand since the nazis had plans to kick the british out of the middle east and were basically in an allicance with palastine and iran.
:sl:

“Brother in Islam”?

Or is it one the following

Brother in humanity, atheist, Buddhist, Jew, Christian...... troll?

I can’t comprehend why a brother in Islam would make such comments...
Nazi and Islam will never go together.
Reply

LavaDog
03-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by sweet106
I can’t comprehend why a brother in Islam would make such comments... Nazi and Islam will never go together

I don't think they go together and I never said you should try to bring them together. I just pointed out that its not so rare that the two occasionally do quite easily.
Reply

Lynx
03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
According to the article the fine/prison sentence applies to any racial slurs not limited to anti-Semitic insults and points out that there was an 'Asian' person amongst those that were insulted; also I don't think insults towards Islam would qualify as 'racial' seeing how Islam isn't a race whereas people do refer to Jews as an ethnic race edit: BUT i can't imagine someone telling a muslim person that he wishes George Bush bombed him and his family and not getting into legal trouble if that person complained to the police. The other thing important to note is that, from what I understand, France is very sensitive to pro-Hitler crap because of their history in World War 2 (being invaded by Hitler in WW2) which might be why they're taking his 'I love hitler' remark so seriously.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!