/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Repeating Wudu and salah is stressing me out!!!!

anonymous
03-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Salaam

I know it says in islam if you have a chronic wudu problem where you canot keep your wudu just do it close to salah time as possible

Now i dont know if i have a problem beacuse sometimes i am able to keep my wudu and sometimes i cannot - For example yesterday for fajr salah i did wudu 4 times before even getting out the bathroom - and this was not waswas - my wudu actually broke 4 times whilst in the bathroom - then when reading fajr my wudu broke again for the 5 time and s i did wudu again - then whilst starting to read i felt like my wind was gouing to come out so i did my best to hold it in - now the problem is i dont know if my wind came out or not when i held it in but i didnt repeat my salah -

Should i have done wudu again for the 6th time and read it again???

2) after reading salah, at the end of it i always feel like a bit of my skin was showing so i tend to read it again - should i be ignoring this if i wasnt sure or repeating salah just in case

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-02-2011, 11:31 AM
check with your local imam becuase i thought there were rulings pertaining to people with these kind of incontinuences (?). so yes, check with your local imam inshallah.

Dagless
03-02-2011, 11:43 AM
If it's a chronic problem and happens throughout the day everyday then you don't have to repeat as far as I know. Insha'Allah I will try and find where I saw this question answered.

Hamza Asadullah
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam

I know it says in islam if you have a chronic wudu problem where you canot keep your wudu just do it close to salah time as possible

Now i dont know if i have a problem beacuse sometimes i am able to keep my wudu and sometimes i cannot - For example yesterday for fajr salah i did wudu 4 times before even getting out the bathroom - and this was not waswas - my wudu actually broke 4 times whilst in the bathroom - then when reading fajr my wudu broke again for the 5 time and s i did wudu again - then whilst starting to read i felt like my wind was gouing to come out so i did my best to hold it in - now the problem is i dont know if my wind came out or not when i held it in but i didnt repeat my salah -

Should i have done wudu again for the 6th time and read it again???

2) after reading salah, at the end of it i always feel like a bit of my skin was showing so i tend to read it again - should i be ignoring this if i wasnt sure or repeating salah just in case
Asalaamu Alaikum, Consider the following:

1) IF YOU ARE NOT SURE that you passed wind (after performing wudu''), then you assume that you did not pass wind. [Ibn `Abidin, "Radd al-Muhtar," and Ibn Nujaym, "Al-Ashbah"]

Thus, if you are in the process of making wudu'' at the time, then you continue with your wudu''; or if you already made wudu; and had started praying, then continue with the salah. As long as it is mere doubt, and you are not certain that any wind has exited, you should not heed it, for it is likely to be Satan trying to distract you from the worship.

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and his Household and grant them peace) has said, "If any of you feels something in his stomach such that it is unclear to him, whether something has come out or not, then he should certainly not leave the mosque, unless he hears a sound or smells an odour." [Narrated by Muslim]

And in another hadith we find:

"Satan may come to one of you in salah and blow air in his bottom, making him imagine that he has lost his wudu. So, when one experiences that, he should not turn away [from the salah] unless he hears a sound or smells an odour." [Narrated by Bazzar as in Bulugh al-Maram]

2) IF YOU ARE SURE that you have passed wind, your wudu'' is invalidated, whether there is a smell or sound, or neither. If this happens while you are still performing wudu'', then you need to re-start the wudu'' (over again). If it happens during salah, you need to break off the salah and go and repeat your wudu.

However, if the problem if chronic, such that at no time can you quickly perform the necessary acts of wudu'' and the necessary (fard and wajib) parts of salah without passing wind, then you have the concessions of an excused person (ma`dhur). For a detailed discussion of the regulations of the ma`dhur, see the following SunniPath answer:

If someone has an chronic excuse (`udhr) such as being unable to stop intermittent drops of urine, or one whose bowels have become loose, should:

1) perform wudu at the time of every fard prayer and

2) pray with that wudu as many fard or nawafil as one wishes.

Aisha reports from the the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) that he told Fatima Bint Hubaish, "Perform wudu at the time of every prayer."

The wudu of one suffering from a chronic excuse becomes void only with:

1)the expiry of the prayer time or

2)the occurrence of that which invalidates the wudhu, other than the current reason.

(Shurunbulali, Imdadu'l-Fattah Sharh Nuru'l-Idah pg 145,146 )

The conditions for being considered someone with a chronic excuse are of three types:

1. The condition of initiation. This is that an entire prayer time pass with the excuse (that renders one unable to retain wudu) present such that one did not have enough time to perform a minimal wudu and pray a quick prayer.

2. The condition of continuation. To remain considered as someone with a chronic excuse, it is merely necessary that the excuse exist once in each prayer time. (This illustrates the legal maxim, ‘Continuation is easier than initiation.’)

3. The condition of termination. One is no longer considered legally excused, and therefore unable to act on the dispensation given to such an individual, after an entire prayer time goes by without the excuse occurring. [Ala’ al-Din Abidin, Gifts of Guidance]

It is necessary to take all reasonable means to stop that which makes one unable to retain one’s wudu. So, for example, if it is possible to pray sitting without the excuse (such as passing wind) occurring, one must pray sitting. [ibid.]

So: If he is uncertain as to whether his Wudhu has broken or not, then his Wudhu will remain valid. He does not have to repeat his Wudhu. (Shaami vol.1 pg.150; HM Saeed)

Taken friom Sunnipath and Askimam.org

So you being uncertain about whether your skin was revealed during Salaah is the same as you are uncertain and not certain. Next time always wear longer tops when praying Salaah to ensure that your skin never gets exposed and tyou never get the feeling of uncertainty or waswas. Therefore uncertainty does not deem Wudu invalid but absolute certainty does.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-04-2011, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
check with your local imam becuase i thought there were rulings pertaining to people with these kind of incontinuences (?). so yes, check with your local imam inshallah.
i am with same opinion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!