/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want a new car

innocent
03-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Salam alaikum.
I have always had bangers but now i want a new or newer car. I cant afford to pay a big amount straight up but I can afford monthly payments and am against anything that involves paying interest so I just wondered if Personal contract hire would be a permissible option. Does anyone here have any advice they can give me?
JazakAllah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuzubu
03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
You should buy a cheap car if you don't got money, if u dont got money at all, then use buss or sumthing, don't buy one.

Are you married yet? I'm sure it's your husbands responsibility to buy one. If ur un-married, studying and poor on money, then i recommend that you wait some years. Interest is very bad.

Yarhamuk Allah. =)

whitesoul
03-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Assalamu alaykum, brother is right, and also i would ask Allah opinion whether to buy a car or not,so do salah istikhara and may Allah guide you to which is best for you.....

Zuzubu
03-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Peek a boo!!! =P

Alo Salut sinjeo un haiduc!!

Ever felt the thrill of flying a plane? Or how about recording a hit single? O-Zone do both in the video for their catchy song, incorporating cartoon graphics and a custom O-Zone jet. We only get just a peek at O-Zone in the heat of the artistic process, but they demonstrate that they are just as comfortable in the studio as they are dancing on the wing of a flying plane.

If you can't buy an BMW or airplane, a old car wont seem too expensive?? :) Then after some years u can invest in a real car. Inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
i suggest if u can afford, buy a second hand car, bcz main thing is necessity should be fulfilled and that can be done with 2nd hand car.

nature
03-02-2011, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
Salam alaikum.
I have always had bangers but now i want a new or newer car. I cant afford to pay a big amount straight up but I can afford monthly payments and am against anything that involves paying interest so I just wondered if Personal contract hire would be a permissible option. Does anyone here have any advice they can give me?
JazakAllah khair.
:wa:

got any siblings who would be willing to go halves with you ?? it would work out heaps cheaper, and you could pay it all off in one go. Or wat about lending it from a relative and then paying them back in installments ? corsas/micras are pretty cheap to pick up these days. wat you thinking of getting ?

Beardo
03-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Don't do something that'll put you in a financial constraint. I'd recommend you look into used cars. You can get last year's model for like...half the cost? :)

needtorepent
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
I agree with most of the others in this thread. Just buy something you can afford for now and pray istikharah before you do it inshallah. Don't put yourself in a situation that will stress you out financially when you don't need to.

ardianto
03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Salam alaikum.
JazakAllah khair.
Assalamu' alaikum

What is Personal Contract Hire ?
Personal contract hire is essentially the same as regular contract hire, but it applies exclusively to private individuals. It is the most common form of car leasing and usually when the term ‘car leasing’ is referred to, most people are talking about personal contract hire.

With a personal contract hire agreement you take control of a car for a contractual period – usually referred to as the ‘lease period’. Though the car is in your possession, it is not actually yours to own. Instead, you make fixed monthly payments to a leasing company for the duration of the contract – and when the contract expires you simply return the car to the leasing company or take out a new personal contract hire lease. As a result you never have to worry about resale values of the car – because you never own it, so you can simply return it and walk away.
Source : http://www.contracthireandleasing.co...contract-hire/

Basically, Personal Contract Hire is not different than Hire/Rent, or known as "Ijarah" in sharia. This is permissible.

But, sister, what do you mean with "want a new car" ?. Do you want to have a new car ?, or do you want to use a new car ?. If you only want to use a car, Personal Contract Hire is a good option. But if you want to have a car, Personal Contract Hire is NOT an option. In this system you do not own that car, but only hire, pay monthly hire cost, and return it to the company in the end of hiring period.

innocent
03-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes I understand what contract hire is and I CAN afford the monthly payments without stretching my finances. I am married and I have a full time job so there is no need to ask my husband to provide it for me and anyway he couldnt afford it.
My only concern is that there may be some sort of indirect involvement of interest in this system and I refuse to have anything to do with interest. The company buy the car form the manfacturer and they pay interest on it I assume. So this would be reflected in the charges that they make to me every month. Is that right or not? Im just concerned that I may be committing a sin if I do this that is why I need to find out before I make a decision.
JazakAllah khair.

ardianto
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Sister Innocent,

Do you want to have a new car ?, or you only want to use a new car without own it ?.

innocent
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I seen on that link that you must have comprehensive insurance for a contract hire car. And seeing as insurance is haram I guess thata out the window. I suppose I'll just have to save up for a year or so. InshaAllah.

truthseeker63
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
This is a good thread.

ardianto
03-02-2011, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
This is a good thread.
Do you want a new car too ? :D

innocent
03-02-2011, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sister Innocent,

Do you want to have a new car ?, or you only want to use a new car without own it ?.
Not bothered as long as i get to use it.

Cabdullahi
03-02-2011, 05:24 PM
nissan micra n reg

Zuzubu
03-02-2011, 05:54 PM
So you got a full time job? I'm pretty sure u can afford a cheap car. U can get old cars for like 1 thousand euros, or US dollars. Even I can afford a drivable car with my money, and I'm only 16 and jobless... I think you are thinking about buying a Lamborghini Gallado, BMW, or sumthing expensive??? Well then you gotta save up.

This is like chosing between a shirt worth 10 euro without a sign, and the same shirt worth 700 euro with a sign.... If I was in your situation I would look at my finances, and buy what I can afford. Everyone isn't supposed to have their own airplane...

innocent
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I dont undersand why people are critisising me so much. Is it too much to ask to get a car thats less than 15 years old? I havent asked anyone on here for money only advice regarding a certain payment method. I do already have a cheap car but i am tired of having old bangers and want to get a newer more reliable car. I have already said that i will not be going down the contract hir e route and will inshaAllah save up for about a year or more and be patient. You guys need to chill.

ardianto
03-03-2011, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
So you got a full time job? I'm pretty sure u can afford a cheap car. U can get old cars for like 1 thousand euros, or US dollars. Even I can afford a drivable car with my money, and I'm only 16 and jobless... I think you are thinking about buying a Lamborghini Gallado, BMW, or sumthing expensive??? Well then you gotta save up.
What car that you can buy with Euro 1000 in Denmark ?. In Indonesia you are lucky if you can buy a good condition 1984 Daihatsu Charade with Euro 1000. :D

nature
03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I dont undersand why people are critisising me so much. Is it too much to ask to get a car thats less than 15 years old? I havent asked anyone on here for money only advice regarding a certain payment method. I do already have a cheap car but i am tired of having old bangers and want to get a newer more reliable car. I have already said that i will not be going down the contract hir e route and will inshaAllah save up for about a year or more and be patient. You guys need to chill.
:sl:

No its not too much to ask, i do know where your coming from. I think people think its a waste of money,or a material possession, if you want something better, & you can afford it, as long as your financially able, then get one.

I cant help you with the payment method thing, as its not something i know a lot about. Wen i bought mine, i went halves with a sibling, & just paid it off in one go. it was a lot of money, roughly 2.5 k, each, but it was worth it, its done the job and served us well. :D If you want something reliable, then like i mentioned before, you can pick up corsas/micras even golfs ded cheap these days. Im actually wanting to upgrade mine to a yaris there, pretty cheap to run also. the only problem you have afterwards is paying the huge insurance, but lets not go there.

:wa:

Zuzubu
03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
ardiano here cars are the most expensive in world, and still the 20 year old cars are cheap, ok?

Good innocent. =) U got a car, and u will insha'Allah get a better car as soon as Allah wills. =) Not critisizing you. =)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!