/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam, I finally joined.

JordQC
03-03-2011, 07:15 AM
I finally joined after visiting this forum for some week.
I am a Christian born who's REALLY interested in Islam so i might have lot of question. :D

I recently bought a Qu'ran with an Arabic part and its translation in French and i had a question about it.

The name of that Qu'ran is The noble Koran and i wondered if that an Official one? because most Qu'ran i saw were named ''the Holy Qu'ran''.

Anyway glad to be here and i pray to God/Allah that you guy will accept me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-03-2011, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JordQC
I finally joined after visiting this forum for some week.
I am a Christian born who's REALLY interested in Islam so i might have lot of question. :D

I recently bought a Qu'ran with an Arabic part and its translation in French and i had a question about it.

The name of that Qu'ran is The noble Koran and i wondered if that an Official one? because most Qu'ran i saw were named ''the Holy Qu'ran''.

Anyway glad to be here and i pray to God/Allah that you guy will accept me.
The Name Noble Quran is used by many different Translators as it is often addressed as such by Muslims. If you post the name of the translator some of us will most likely give an opinion about the translator.

When reading a translation of the Quran, I find it best to use the works of at least 3 translators for a better understanding. Arabic does not translate very well into other languages.

JordQC
03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Can't find the name of the Translator, the only thing i know is its was ordered(he ordered the creation of that Translation) by the King of Saudi Arabia.

Amat Allah
03-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Wellcome my respected brother to your family...

of course you are accepted; you are our brother, May Allah lead your way to the path of the endless happiness and open for ya the doors of real success and happiness Ameeeen

enjoy your stay in shaa Allah and ask whatever you want...

Humbly, your sister:

Amat Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
welcom to the forum brother.

Zuzubu
03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Finally u made a acount. Was looking at u a the guest list, was waiting... =) Welcome

PouringRain
03-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Asiyah3
03-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay. Please feel free to ask any questions you have.

JordQC
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks everyone :D

needtorepent
03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome! I am also pretty new here and I'm liking it. People here are pretty helpful so ask away. :)

Woodrow
03-04-2011, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JordQC
Can't find the name of the Translator, the only thing i know is its was ordered(he ordered the creation of that Translation) by the King of Saudi Arabia.
I think it is safe to assume it is an acceptable translation. But keep in mind no translation reflects the full Arabic meaning. To get a better understanding I encourage people to use at least 3 different Translations. By comparing them you can get a better grasp on the meaning. Be cautious of any commentaries you find in some translations as most of them are the translators opinion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!