/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm a dehydrator!

peace_maker
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm a serious dehydrator. It's not like I hate water or something, it's just that I'm lazy. Hey, don't gimme that looks, I bet am not the only one. :mmokay:

I'm a day dreamer, so I usually can't remember much. No, I don't have amnesia, it's just that my head's always busy with thoughts. :p:
I won't blame myself. They say, that our brains are responsible for every action in our bodies. But my brain doesn't give me any signal to drink water. I only realize that I'm actually thirsty when I'm totally dried up, that's when I feel it's now or never. But it'd be too late. No matter how much water I fill in, my thirst doesn't go away, and end up getting stuffed.

I can't even drink a full tetra-pack of juice in one shot.
I have almost have a balanced diet, the only that's missing is WATER. I have hair fall, dry skin and some other probs, which I know can only be cured by staying hydrated.

Help me out, I need better suggestions than clinging a water bottle in my belt! <_<

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzzy_786
03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I'll be honest, at first when i saw the title i didnt know what a dehydrator was :/

Dont blame me i am only 15 ;P

Okay the best idea that comes to my mind is carry a fan with you! A mini fan ;) Trust me, It will help.

:P

Zuzubu
03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
1/3 food 1/3 water and 1/3 empty. That is what the prophet taught us. =)

So everytime u eat something, make sure u drink equal water.

AND! Don't drink in one shoot, take breats every 2-3 sips. =) This is what our beloved Prohpet (saw) told us. I hope it helps you. And remmember IT'S HARD TO GET TOO MUCH WATER! So don't think that you will get sick or sumthing because u drink too much water, it's our nature, and much better than artificial products. A class water really helps headache and many other things. =)

Zuzubu
03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Huzzy I get your idea, but I don't think thats a very modest idea...

lol http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:5,s:0

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzzy_786
03-03-2011, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Huzzy I get your idea, but I don't think thats a very modest idea...

lol
Ya bro, its a okay idea :P but dont go in the streets with that, propbaly have one of the ones that the brother posted and one of the small ones without a water spray for when your outside ;) and use the water one when your in the house or something ;)

peace_maker
03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
I'll be honest, at first when i saw the title i didnt know what a dehydrator was :/

Dont blame me i am only 15 ;P

Okay the best idea that comes to my mind is carry a fan with you! A mini fan ;) Trust me, It will help.

:P
And I'm 17 :p: lol
Did I use the wrong word? I thought dehydrator meant one who lacks water, but now not so sure :/

I don't get your fan theory... o.O

peace_maker
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
1/3 food 1/3 water and 1/3 empty. That is what the prophet taught us. =)

So everytime u eat something, make sure u drink equal water.
I know, but never worked on it. Thanks for reminding me. I'll try drinking water after meals next time inshallah.

AND! Don't drink in one shoot, take breats every 2-3 sips. =) This is what our beloved Prohpet (saw) told us.
Yep! I know that. I strictly follow it.... If the drink's tasty :p:

I hope it helps you. And remmember IT'S HARD TO GET TOO MUCH WATER! So don't think that you will get sick or sumthing because u drink too much water, it's our nature, and much better than artificial products. A class water really helps headache and many other things. =)
Thank you so much! :)

Zuzubu
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Afwan okhti. =) Living in the middle east you will need extra more water. (I didn't notice your conutry) Because of the heat, u know. =)

StudentIII
03-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Perhaps try and make it part of your routine. For example, get yourself to drink a glass of water soon after you wake up before you eat breakfast. Make that a part of your habit then add another glass during another part of the day and so on.

Hannah.
03-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Salaam sis,
You can try wearing a digital watch or set an alarm on your phone that beeps at the beginning of each hour.. in that way you are reminded when to pour in a glass of water for yourself. If you're not used to drinking big glasses of water each hour, start by drinking from small cups.

Cabdullahi
03-03-2011, 09:36 PM
vaseline will do the job....vaseline on the skin...vaseline on the mouth...

PouringRain
03-04-2011, 12:26 AM
I do not drink much either. I could go forever without drinking. I know you said you do not want to hear this, but the only thing that helped me is to carry a water bottle with me always and force myself to drink it. I started by telling myself I must drink one whole bottle a day. If you have difficulty drinking water straight, squeeze a bit of lemon into it.

R Khan
03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Drink Yazoo.

Salihah
03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Sis, if it is hard for you to remind yourself drinking enough water, maybe you should at least try to eat enough food which contains a lot of water.
What about your food? Try to eat a lot of fresh cucumber, watermelon, fruits in general...
In addition you could drink a glass of water after salah so after some time you can get used to it.

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 10:55 AM
^I never thought of using the five prayers as a reminder, thanks for the tip. :)

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Afwan okhti. =) Living in the middle east you will need extra more water. (I didn't notice your conutry) Because of the heat, u know. =)
Haha, yeah :P It is pretty hot here.

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by StudentIII
Perhaps try and make it part of your routine. For example, get yourself to drink a glass of water soon after you wake up before you eat breakfast. Make that a part of your habit then add another glass during another part of the day and so on.
I get it. Adding it to my schedule, then I won't feel it's a different thing.

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
Salaam sis,
You can try wearing a digital watch or set an alarm on your phone that beeps at the beginning of each hour.. in that way you are reminded when to pour in a glass of water for yourself. If you're not used to drinking big glasses of water each hour, start by drinking from small cups.
Hey, that's a great idea. :)
But I'll have to do it silently, coz if my family members come to know, I'll be forever tortured :p:

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
vaseline will do the job....vaseline on the skin...vaseline on the mouth...
Well, my lips don't dry up that much, even if it does, I have labello for back up ;D
Vaseline is good too, shukran!

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I do not drink much either. I could go forever without drinking. I know you said you do not want to hear this, but the only thing that helped me is to carry a water bottle with me always and force myself to drink it. I started by telling myself I must drink one whole bottle a day. If you have difficulty drinking water straight, squeeze a bit of lemon into it.
They say the normal intake of water for one peson is 8 litres! I hardly take in 3 full glasses per day.
Lemonade is a good one. :)

If the water doesn't temp you, let the lemon do the trick! ;D

peace_maker
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by R Khan
Drink Yazoo.
What's Yazoo? :embarrass

R Khan
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Yazoo is a very nice milkshake. It comes in 3 flavors: Chocolate (best one), Banana and Strawberry.

Huzzy_786
03-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Okay do you know the mini fan? that the brother posted?

Buy one of them, and then just use the fan like on your face, it will help slowly i guess :P

Do you eat rice? It has alot of water :P (I think) I dont cook it so i dont know :P After all your a sis you should know whats best.

peace_maker
03-05-2011, 04:07 PM
^yeah i checked out that link.
Rice has water? Didn't know. Btw, i eat rice all the time.

peace_maker
03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by R Khan
Yazoo is a very nice milkshake. It comes in 3 flavors: Chocolate (best one), Banana and Strawberry.
Oh... I love milkshakes! :statisfie!

Zuzubu
03-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Just stick to drinking water, no rice wont stop u from dehydrating, when u eat rice, u also eat salt. The only rice which stops u from dehhydrating, is the rice which u dont take off the water (after u cooked it). Fruits could be a good possibility, but seriously u can do many things but the best thing will be to drink water. It has like almost no taste at all, u just drink. =)

ardianto
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
They say the normal intake of water for one peson is 8 litres!
8 litres ?...... 8 glasses !

peace_maker
03-05-2011, 04:39 PM
They say the normal intake of water for one peson is 8 litres!
Sorry guys, wrong info. It's not 8 litres, it's 8 glasses measuring 8 ounces each.
:sorry:
I was in such a rush, I didn't reply to any salams, :wa:

peace_maker
03-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Okay fine, Zuzubu. I'll just stick to drinking water.

And ardianto, I was getting to that. My browser's so slow. Browsing from mob phone.

Huzzy_786
03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Yep same here, i think its something to do with the internet or what? Is it just me or is it that the forums getting slower?

peace_maker
03-09-2011, 07:26 PM
^yeah, the IB pages take sooo long to load. My patience is being tested all the time :p

PouringRain
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I recalled something that I used t do when I was nursing my children. I would get so thirsty, and nursing mothers required more water intake. I would buy these popsicles:

3265362 81a607b0b5 2?v0 -

And I would eat them all day long. There is absolutely nothing nutritious about them-- water and sugar basically-- but they did help quench my thirst.

Huzzy_786
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Yep the above sister is right, these lolipop slices really work ;) I use them in summer ..

peace_maker
03-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I used to eat them a lot too. Then, we got banned from it. My dad says it has no nutrition at all. And the colors in it are bad for health.
By I try mixing juice and let it to set in ice cube moulds and suck away! ;)

PouringRain
03-11-2011, 01:30 AM
I used to eat them a lot too. Then, we got banned from it. My dad says it has no nutrition at all. And the colors in it are bad for health.
By I try mixing juice and let it to set in ice cube moulds and suck away! ;)

I googled this recipe..... my mother used to make it for us when we were little:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2297206_make...popsicles.html

peace_maker
03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
^Are you sure that's the right address? The page is not opening. I'm getting the message, 'page does not exist.'

PouringRain
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM
^Are you sure that's the right address? The page is not opening. I'm getting the message, 'page does not exist.'
Maybe it's blocked where you live? I just clicked it and it works for me. I'll copy paste the recipe.

Things You'll Need:
16 ounces vanilla yogurt
1 6 ounce can of frozen orange juice concentrate
water
8 - 12 small waxed paper drinking cups
8-12 wooden Popsicle sticks (buy these in lots of 500 at school supply stores or craft stores)
blender

1. Set the waxed paper drinking cups on a tray that will fit easily into your freezer.

2. Place the orange juice concentrate, the same amount of water (fill the empty juice can with water and then pour it in), and the vanilla yogurt into the blender. Put the lid securely on the blender. Turn it on "blend". When the ingredients are all combined, turn off the blender.

3. Pour the mixture into the cups leaving about an inch between the top of the liquid and the lip of the cup. Place the cups into the freezer. Wait about a half hour. Then remove the partially frozen orange yogurt Popsicles from the freezer. Insert one Popsicle stick into each cup. Put the stick into the center and poke it all the way to the bottom of the cup. This will support the frozen Popsicle while it is being eaten. If the sticks fall over, the Popsicles need some more time in the freezer. The Popsicle sticks need to stick straight up out of the middle of the cup.

4. Take the fully frozen orange yogurt Popsicles off the tray once they are solid. Put them into a large air tight zip closing freezer bag. Close the bag and then put it back into the freezer until you are ready to serve them.

peace_maker
03-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry about this post. Its a mistake. Actually I wanted to delete it but I dunno how to do it.
If anyone can, please delete this post.

peace_maker
03-12-2011, 04:14 PM
^Wow, sounds yum. I definetely have to try that. :)

Human_Being
03-15-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm a serious dehydrator. It's not like I hate water or something, it's just that I'm lazy. Hey, don't gimme that looks, I bet am not the only one. :mmokay:

I'm a day dreamer, so I usually can't remember much. No, I don't have amnesia, it's just that my head's always busy with thoughts. :p:
I won't blame myself. They say, that our brains are responsible for every action in our bodies. But my brain doesn't give me any signal to drink water. I only realize that I'm actually thirsty when I'm totally dried up, that's when I feel it's now or never. But it'd be too late. No matter how much water I fill in, my thirst doesn't go away, and end up getting stuffed.

I can't even drink a full tetra-pack of juice in one shot.
I have almost have a balanced diet, the only that's missing is WATER. I have hair fall, dry skin and some other probs, which I know can only be cured by staying hydrated.

Help me out, I need better suggestions than clinging a water bottle in my belt! <_<
K, sis if you don't move around much you can't work up much of a thirst even when you need it do you exercise? If not do it even just a little brisk walk and you will start to feel very thirsty inshallah. If that's no good just try habit like make times to drink say "oh its that time of day to drink" and then drink up and keep doing it and maybe inshallah you'll start to feel thirsty just by habit

*charisma*
03-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I used to have the same problem, I'd be so dehydrated I could feel it in my skin!

I've been drinking half a gallon of water each day, but I'm trying to work up to a full gallon because I've been working out.

There's something you should know though, everyone has a thirst mechanism that tells you when you're thirsty. If you deprive yourself of water and don't drink as much as you should, that thirst mechanism becomes weak and stops signaling to your body that you are thirsty, you may even start to hate the taste of water or lose the appetite for it. It may also be a cause of weight gain because instead of feeling thirsy, your body may try to compensate for it by getting liquid from food, in result cause you to want to eat more. So you need to literally start forcing yourself to drink water until you start drinking enough. It took me about a week to start drinking right, but you really have to do it, it's one of the healthiest things you could do for your body!

I started carrying around a 50 oz bottle of water with me everywhere I went. I'd freeze it half-way (cuz I love my water cold) and make it my goal to try to finish two of those bottles or atleast one if I can't do two. Like while I'm watching tv or something, I'll take a few gulps during the commercial break, as much as I can, and then repeat the next commercial break so that I don't get a tummy ache :D

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

peace_maker
03-16-2011, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Human_Being
K, sis if you don't move around much you can't work up much of a thirst even when you need it do you exercise? If not do it even just a little brisk walk and you will start to feel very thirsty inshallah. If that's no good just try habit like make times to drink say "oh its that time of day to drink" and then drink up and keep doing it and maybe inshallah you'll start to feel thirsty just by habit
Few days ago, I used to be a couch potato. But now, I've challenged myself to be on the go. :D
Just as you said, bro, I'm working out these days, so eventually, I fell thirsty.

Thanks for the tip! :D

peace_maker
03-16-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I used to have the same problem, I'd be so dehydrated I could feel it in my skin!
Walaikum Salam
Same thing here too!

There's something you should know though, everyone has a thirst mechanism that tells you when you're thirsty. If you deprive yourself of water and don't drink as much as you should, that thirst mechanism becomes weak and stops signaling to your body that you are thirsty, you may even start to hate the taste of water or lose the appetite for it. It may also be a cause of weight gain because instead of feeling thirsy, your body may try to compensate for it by getting liquid from food, in result cause you to want to eat more. So you need to literally start forcing yourself to drink water until you start drinking enough. It took me about a week to start drinking right, but you really have to do it, it's one of the healthiest things you could do for your body!
Whoa! Weight gain?! That's dangerous.

I started carrying around a 50 oz bottle of water with me everywhere I went. I'd freeze it half-way (cuz I love my water cold) and make it my goal to try to finish two of those bottles or atleast one if I can't do two. Like while I'm watching tv or something, I'll take a few gulps during the commercial break, as much as I can, and then repeat the next commercial break so that I don't get a tummy ache :D
Yep! I drink water during com breaks too. Since I'm on a diet, I can't chew on pop-corns or chips so, I just have to stick to water.
But I don't know how much I take in, but I'm pretty sure its more than before. I just drink straight away from the jug. :p

Thanks for taking your time for me... :)

piXie
03-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Just an important health tip; To those of you who carry bottled water, it might be safer to get a glass or stainless steel bottle instead of a plastic one - especially if you are going to freeze the water in it, or have it heated as this may release harmful chemicals from the plastic and into the water.

peace_maker
03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
You are absolutely correct.
Plastic bottles can seriously be dangerous to health. In my home, we have gave up plastic bottles long time ago, replaced them with glass.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!