/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The most typical face on the planet

S.Belle
03-03-2011, 10:00 PM
National Geographic Magazine released a video clip, below, showing the most "typical" human face on the planet as part of its series on the human race called "Population 7 billion."The researchers conclude that a male, 28-year-old Han Chinese man is the most typical person on the planet. There are 9 million of them.
Don't get used to the results, however. Within 20 years, the most typical person will reside in India.
You can check out the video below:
*contains music*
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-on-the-planet

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reflections
03-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow..interesting video..Wouldn't have thought it would be a han chinese!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-03-2011, 11:57 PM
looooooooooooooooooool

when i was younger i use to see twins quite a bit, and even though they were twins one always ALWAYS looked much better then the other to me

funny huh !

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Thats geeky! and i dont get it :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
06-09-2011, 04:46 PM
You do know Han Chinese people are Muslims right? Not that it matters.

Interesting research.

IAmZamzam
06-09-2011, 04:49 PM
There may be something to this, because you'll notice the guy has the look of someone you've seen a jillion times but you can't remember who any of the lookalikes were.

S.Belle
06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
There may be something to this, because you'll notice the guy has the look of someone you've seen a jillion times but you can't remember who any of the lookalikes were.
he does i know someone who looks similar to him but they are not 28 or han chinese...

just noticed the vid doesnt work there anymore...so here

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
looooooooooooooooooool

when i was younger i use to see twins quite a bit, and even though they were twins one always ALWAYS looked much better then the other to me

funny huh !
I went to school with twin sisters in my class. They weren't identical twins, but were something like three minutes apart. I always thought one was prettier than the other.

ardianto
06-09-2011, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
You do know Han Chinese people are Muslims right? Not that it matters.

Interesting research.
Han Chinese are not Muslims.

Haya emaan
06-09-2011, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Thats geeky! and i dont get it :-\
neither did i got it..

S.Belle
06-09-2011, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I thought they were as well...what is the name of the group that is predominately muslim?

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya

neither did i got it..
they just did a study to find out who the most typical person in the world is
the results were that the person is a male, 28yr old, and han chinese....

ardianto
06-10-2011, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle

I thought they were as well...what is the name of the group that is predominately muslim?
Uyghur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_people

Just_A_Girl13
06-10-2011, 01:37 AM
I thought anyone who wanted to worship Allah could be a Muslim?

ardianto
06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
I thought anyone who wanted to worship Allah could be a Muslim?
Definition of Muslims in my post is people who embrace Islam as their religion.

Majority of Han people nowadays are atheists, this is a result of communism.

Zafran
06-10-2011, 02:14 AM
salaam

and Hui muslims

peace

Ramadhan
06-10-2011, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
"han" is what people normally call "chinese" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Chinese
Most Han people have a mix of taoism and confucianism as their philosophy if not religion.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam and Hui muslims peace
Correct. And the most famous Hui is of course admiral Zheng He http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He
His extensive voyages dwarved anything europeans did centuris later. So a muslim was already traversing the world long before european christian did.
If not for the sudden change in edict by the ming Dynasty that stopped foreign relations, we would have discussed this thread in mandarin instead of in english.

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
There were also a lot of Mongols who converted to Islam and went on to set up Islamic kingdoms, notably the Golden Horde and the Mughal Empire.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!