/* */

PDA

View Full Version : where in the world are u?

karima
03-04-2011, 12:59 AM
salam aleikum

i just think it could be fun to know where in the world this forums members are right now.

as for me, im right now in morocco, i had the opportunity to stay for 3 months al hamdulillah, but after a month i will go back to my homecountry denmark:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
03-04-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm in the United States. I want to travel to other countries though.

Tyrion
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
California. :D

karima
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
inshaallah u will

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyaah
03-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Salam, I'm in Ontario, Canada. :)

Aprender
03-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Karima, what is Denmark like? Tell me about the weather, the culture, and the food if you don't mind please.

Maryan0
03-04-2011, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
Salam, I'm in Ontario, Canada. :)
Same, but only temporarily (for school). I originally came from Alberta.
Salam

karima
03-04-2011, 04:05 AM
salam aleikum

the weather in denmark right now is cold. We had a lot of snow last year and this year and thats realy not that common in Denmark. Otherwise it rains a lot and our summer dont last that long, i think.

The traditionel danish food is normally different kind of meat with potatoes and different kind of sauce, mostly braun sauce. In Denmark we eat a lot of pork foreexample roast pork and ham. Traditional Danish food is loaded with fat.

Our culture, we have free speech, we have religious freedom. Denmark is a protestant country. We love comfort, either with friends and family where we enjoy a beer and red sausages, or in the sofa with a bag of chips watching a good movie. We are a soccer nation and lot of people enjoy going to soccer games.

Danish gardens look quite different from a Swedish, Norwegian or German. Houses and building styles are different. Although the mentality is different, even from province to province.

Ordinary Danish customs like celebrating Christmas Eve, weave cones for the Christmas tree in certain patterns, hang drums and flags festoon the Christmas tree, put the flags in the pie for birthdays, send snowdrop letter and Easter custom let the yolk run before the egg is found only in Denmark.

In denmark we speak danish, danish people are proud of their country and language and culture almost patriotic. Everyone knows the national song, many have a flag in the garden or it will be used for birthdays, Christmas.

Danes have a good sense of humor. They laugh at everything, even by themselves. I think Denmark is the only country which chose a comedian in parliament! And most probably it is also the only country where people draw lots to get into the army.

We love to party, a lot.

There is free health care, free dentist until they are 18, youth school, a year's maternity leave.

i hope that will give u a clue about how denmark is or can be.

Aprender
03-04-2011, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by karima
salam aleikum

the weather in denmark right now is cold. We had a lot of snow last year and this year and thats realy not that common in Denmark. Otherwise it rains a lot and our summer dont last that long, i think.

The traditionel danish food is normally different kind of meat with potatoes and different kind of sauce, mostly braun sauce. In Denmark we eat a lot of pork foreexample roast pork and ham. Traditional Danish food is loaded with fat.

Our culture, we have free speech, we have religious freedom. Denmark is a protestant country. We love comfort, either with friends and family where we enjoy a beer and red sausages, or in the sofa with a bag of chips watching a good movie. We are a soccer nation and lot of people enjoy going to soccer games.

Danish gardens look quite different from a Swedish, Norwegian or German. Houses and building styles are different. Although the mentality is different, even from province to province.

Ordinary Danish customs like celebrating Christmas Eve, weave cones for the Christmas tree in certain patterns, hang drums and flags festoon the Christmas tree, put the flags in the pie for birthdays, send snowdrop letter and Easter custom let the yolk run before the egg is found only in Denmark.

In denmark we speak danish, danish people are proud of their country and language and culture almost patriotic. Everyone knows the national song, many have a flag in the garden or it will be used for birthdays, Christmas.

Danes have a good sense of humor. They laugh at everything, even by themselves. I think Denmark is the only country which chose a comedian in parliament! And most probably it is also the only country where people draw lots to get into the army.

We love to party, a lot.

There is free health care, free dentist until they are 18, youth school, a year's maternity leave.

i hope that will give u a clue about how denmark is or can be.
Wow. It sounds like an awesome place. Thank you for sharing that with me :)

sister herb
03-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I am in Finland, not so far from Denmark. :statisfie

LavaDog
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Pocatello, Idaho

Ramadhan
03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
. I think Denmark is the only country which chose a comedian in parliament!

you'll be tickled to know that all of members of parliament is Indonesia are comedians/clowns!
:D

But seriously, we have several who were professional comedians elected as members of parliaments

Zuzubu
03-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Denmark too, like Karima. =) Culture; wearing skirts in the winter, and eating pig.

Abdul-Raouf
03-04-2011, 10:01 AM
As mentioned in the Location field....

<Milkyway <Universe < ? Creations' Knowledge is Limited .. ...

Neelofar
03-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I am from England, Leicester :D I do wish to travel and learn about the world inshallah one day!

S.Belle
03-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Georgia...but I wish I was in North Carolina

Huzzy_786
03-04-2011, 03:54 PM
In UK,Leicester! Omg! Neelofar is from Leicester too? Awesome! :)

Massallah, My local mosque is Jamea masjid :)

Zuzubu
03-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Danish parliment is comedians?

They are racists they say that muslim men rape their kids, and they don't get punnished, yes I think he has to pay 100 euro as bill. and those who said against him has to go to prison.... they even wanna ban the hijab. But oh well, it will get better. =D Just don't see comedy in the parliment? Other than they speak stupid. I spoke with our president when he was doing some propaganda project in our collage, and he says that he wish that Denmark should be free from muslim fundamentalists, that's just a horriable view for someone who don't even know the meaning of the word. Besides, we don't have mosques, they only wish to accept churches, u have to make mosques inside some private houses but buildings, no.

karima
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Aprender; yeah denmark has some benefits and it is a good country to live in, but as for muslims it can be a bit hard. There are rules there who dont make u be together with ur husband if he is from a foreign country, only if u have a lot of money u can bring him with u. Im one of thoose excample. I am married to a moroccan and he cant come to dk because of the rules, so i have to move to sweden for being able to be with him. Also it is sadly enough still difficult for a girl with hijab and abaye to find a job. Also for arabic men it can be difficult. If u study u r not allowed to wear niqab at school, at least not in my city in a education center for adults. Forexample my friend she wears niqab but she had to sign a paper that shw would take the niqab off during classes or else she couldnt participate. The same friend work as a private daycare but the goverment stopped her because she wears niqab.

So eventhough i love my country, i dont want to live there forever, and i dont think the rules will become better if we get some new politicians in the parlament.

Naidamar: hehe ok:D

zuzubu: yeah as u know there are a lot of racist, but not all danish people are. There was a comedian in t´he parlament once. I dont know if he is still a member, but his name is jacob haugaard.

karima
03-04-2011, 04:48 PM
about the mosq, didnt they wanted to build one in copenhagen in Nørrebro and i think i just read about new plans by building a mosq at Amager too?

Seventytwo
03-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Colorado, USA

MariamA.
03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
UK =] London.

rekcahrepus
03-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm from the united states

Huzzy_786
03-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Sweet, alot of people from UK here ;)

Beardo
03-04-2011, 08:08 PM
I live out-of-this-world.

Hannah.
03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Makkah.. I wish!

.. in England right now

ardianto
03-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Bandung city, capital of West Java province, Indonesia, where almost 2.4 millions people live here.

ardianto
03-05-2011, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
you'll be tickled to know that all of members of parliament is Indonesia are comedians/clowns!
:D
Q : What is difference between Indonesian comedians and Indonesian politicians ?

A : Indonesian comedians make you smile, Indonesian politicians make you laugh.

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
But seriously, we have several who were professional comedians elected as members of parliaments
Only two in this period, Nurul Qomar and Dedi Gumelar (Mi'ing)

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Hyderabad, India.

Woodrow
03-07-2011, 10:14 AM
On a Native American Indian Reservation. The "Standing Rock Lakota Sioux Reservation", in North Dakota. USA. For more information about it here is a link:

http://www.standingrock.org/government/

Innocent Soul
03-07-2011, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
Makkah.. I wish!
I used to live in Saudi Arabia when I was a child but not in Makkah. :D It was soo good. Every year we went for Umrah.

S_87
03-07-2011, 11:54 AM
currently in the process of packing a billion suitcases ;) and moving countries in the next two months InshaAllah
please make dua this is a smooth as possible process for me!

waji
03-07-2011, 02:41 PM
At Home Alhamdulillah الحمداللہ

breezes
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
middle east, saudi arabia, jeddah city

salaam

Zuzubu
03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Karima I live in Amager, it will be me a huge pleasure with a masjid here. <3

I don't like any political parties in Denmark, they all got odd opinions. :(

I usually want to vote for those who are most against racism. But I love this place, lotsa nature, and lotsa life still. =D in the west of my house we got foods and beaches, on the east its villas, in the north it's city, in the south its airport. lawl. =D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!