/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are there degrees in evil and how are evil deeds measured?

Flame of Hope
03-04-2011, 09:47 PM
A question that has been on my mind. I know that the scales will weigh deeds and only good deeds will have weight. But what about the evil deeds? Are all evil deeds weightless and have the same degree? How can the deed of a murderer for example be the same as the deed of a shoplifter?

ANY information upon this topic would be greatly appreciated. Jazakallah khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
:salamext:

We know according to the Quran and Sunnah that sins are also in different levels of evil. This is why sins are classed as Major and Minor sins.

So the answer to your question is; Yes, there are degrees of evil and they will be measured in the scale.

Also see; http://linguisticmiracle.com/qariah.htm - see ayah 6

Flame of Hope
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Jazakallah khair for the information. I agree with your statement:
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Yes, there are degrees of evil and they will be measured in the scale.
But I do not agree with what was stated on that site:
Evil deeds will have no weight, and the only thing that will have weight is good deeds. (just like a modern (magnetic) weighing scale - where it will only measure weight if there is a certain thing of value placed upon it).
That's because the term used in reference to the scale is Mawaazeenuhu which is PLURAL. So if evil deeds have no weight, then there would be only one place to weigh deeds, and this is not the case.

Evil deeds must be having weight and for a man to be successful, his good deeds must be outweigh his evil deeds. However, the good deeds that will be weighed are only those that were done for the sake of Allah. Good deeds can be multiplied in their weight depending on their degree of sincerity, so much so that even one deed, the saying of la ilaha il Allah is far heavier on the scale than all the sins a man committed that were piled up against him. Also Allah can assign greater weight to an evil deed that a man considered minor. Or He could assign lesser weight to a major sin that a person was ashamed of. Allah alone gives weight to deeds, both good and evil.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!