/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did the Prophet Muhammad claim decent from Abraham/Ishmael ?

truthseeker63
03-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Did the Prophet Muhammad claim decent from Abraham/Ishmael ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes :)

In the hadith of the Isra' wa-'l Mi'raj [to Palestine and the Ascension to the Heavens] Prophet Muhammad saw Abraham;

..Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham... [Sahih al Bukhari Volume 1, Book 8, Number 345]

Eric H
03-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Greetings and peace be with you truthseeker63;

I had the privaledge to visit Jerusalem last year, and was able to stand by the place were the prophet ascended to heaven in the region of Mount Moriah. This is on the spot were Abraham was said to have given his son as a sacrifice. It is also were Solomon was commanded to build the Temple to house the Ark of the Covenant of God, known as the Ten Commandments. It is were Jesus worshiped,
Some years after the death of Jesus the Temple was destroyed, two Mosques were built on top of the Temple Mount, The Dome of the Rock is built on were Solomon’s Temple once stood. The Dome is said to be the place where the prophet pbuh, ascended up to heaven on his winged horse.

This place brings Judaism, Christianity and Islam together.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!