/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hate Comes to Orange County

Beardo
03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Protest of an American Muslim Relief Group's fundraiser advocated Hate and Violence.

(Mar 02, 2011 - ANAHEIM, CA)

The Greater Los Angeles Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-LA) today released a video of a rally organized by anti-Muslim bigots to protest a February fundraising event held by an American Muslim relief group for relief work and charity in the U.S.

A few hundred protesters showed up to the rally, which was sponsored by groups such as: “We Surround Them OC 912” (a local Tea Party group), Rabbi David Eliezrie of Chabad - Yorba Linda, North Orange County Conservative Coalition, ACT! for America, and Pamela Geller (whose group “Stop the Islamization of America” has been designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center).

Elected officials Congressmen Ed Royce and Gary Miller, and Villa Park Councilwoman Deborah Pauly also attended and spoke at the protest rally.

The event – held at Yorba Linda Community Center, a facility that has been frequented by Muslim families and businesses over the years – first became a target of anti-Muslim bigots over two of the fundraiser’s speakers, who were to speak on the importance of charity in Islam. Initial attempts of some groups to have the Yorba Linda Community Center and the Yorba Linda City Council cancel the fundraising event failed, followed by the protest.

VIDEO: Yorba Linda Protest Rally

In a statement, CAIR-LA said:

“We support the First Amendment right of protesters anywhere in America to voice their concerns, dissent, and even hatred. However, when our nation’s foundational values of inclusiveness, pluralism and equality are attacked by some in favor of calls for advocating hate and violence, then all Americans have a responsibility to challenge and expose such bigotry and those who enable it.

“As the video shows, the rhetoric of the protesters became increasingly venomous toward the families and children who came to attend the ICNA Relief fundraising dinner. Protesters shouted invective statements such as “Go home terrorist,” “Muhammad is a pervert, Muhammad is a child molester,” “Go home and beat your wife, she needs a good beating” at the event-goers.

“Even more disturbing was the participation and encouragement of elected officials in promoting the hateful protest rally. Villa Park Councilwoman, Deborah Pauly, while addressing the crowd at the rally, appeared to threaten Muslim event-goers. Congressman Ed Royce (R-40), in a troubling trend of disparaging Islam and its followers, added fuel to the fire by encouraging protesters to continue on with their hate-mongering. The attendance of Congressman Gary Miller (R-42) was a clear surprise, since he previously has engaged with all constituents, including Muslims, toward a better America.

“We strongly urge all elected officials in attendance to distance themselves from such an exhibition of hate and bigotry. We further ask residents and elected officials of Yorba Linda, Orange County and other parts of our nation to speak out against such hateful rhetoric and the continued Islamophobia that plagues our nation.”

Also watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NutFk...embedded#at=72

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
03-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Salaam,

Same is happening in Britain.

Beardo
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

Same is happening in Britain.
I Still don't think it's anything to worry about:
http://invalidtruth.com/blog/news-fl...t-fundraising/

R Khan
03-06-2011, 12:42 AM
So wait why are they protesting? if it's a fund-raising for relief in the U.S... isn't that a good thing?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
03-06-2011, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by R Khan
So wait why are they protesting? if it's a fund-raising for relief in the U.S... isn't that a good thing?
That's the mystery still unsolved, lol. But Masha-Allah, the vast majority hate these haters. :statisfie

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-06-2011, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by R Khan
May be because this fund-raising was organized by Muslims...:-\

Maryan0
03-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Wow......
Salam

Maryan0
03-06-2011, 03:58 AM

I saw this vid on another site. It's disgusting and Mashallah to that Muslim man who continued to pray despite their abuse.
Salam

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-06-2011, 04:08 AM
^ Astaghfirullah! That's so disgusting! :(

Maryan0
03-06-2011, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
^ Astaghfirullah! That's so disgusting! :(
It is. But what can we do?
Salam

Amira_Zelda
03-06-2011, 04:30 AM
this is soo sad :( i feel so embarrassed that i used to be part of this christian sect.. but elhamdulilah ! i am now ""saved" from christianity ! lol :) i cant believe i used to call people like them my brothers and sisters.... ewww there are soo filled with hate and lies !!! but inshallah one day these people will know the truth........

Hamza Asadullah
03-06-2011, 04:35 AM
The same is happening in Britain as well as all over Europe. The deceptive crusaders and the evil zionists are an alliance against Muslims and Islam. In order for them to acheive their aims they want to liberalise Muslims and try and put fear into our hearts so that we stop practising Islam and that way we would never unite for what they fear the most is that if Muslims unite then we are indestructible!

This is a test for Muslims. So what can we do about all of this? KEEP PRACTISING ISLAM & BRING IT INTO OUR LIVES AS MUCH AS WE CAN!!!

karima
03-06-2011, 05:06 AM
astaqfallah, and they make a big deal out that the muslims is bad and so on. What does this show about them. Shouldnt christianity be about loving the next and turn the cheek away? It is very importent for us to keep fighting for our religion and show them that we will always stand together as an ummah and no matter what they do they will never be able to erase islam.

mashaallah for that man, its very inspiering, may he be rewarded with jennah inshaallah.

glo
03-06-2011, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by karima
astaqfallah, and they make a big deal out that the muslims is bad and so on. What does this show about them. Shouldnt christianity be about loving the next and turn the cheek away? It is very importent for us to keep fighting for our religion and show them that we will always stand together as an ummah and no matter what they do they will never be able to erase islam.
Yes, it is!

As I said in truthseeker's 'War against Islam thread', when I see that event I would rather stand with my Muslim friends than with my so-called Christian brothers and sisters!
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ml#post1417353

sister herb
03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Yes, it is!

As I said in truthseeker's 'War against Islam thread', when I see that event I would rather stand with my Muslim friends than with my so-called Christian brothers and sisters!
http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ml#post1417353
Thanks dear. As you know, we all would stand with you if you and your values would be insulted at some day.

I call it humanity.

marwen
03-06-2011, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0

I saw this vid on another site. It's disgusting and Mashallah to that Muslim man who continued to pray despite their abuse.
Salam
What a bunch of stupid sad sacks!! Do they think they're doing good to christianity like this. And why is that guy holding the israeli flag ? that's really disgusting and pathetic !

karima
03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=glo;1417545]
Yes, it is!

thank u, thats sweet of u, its to bad that there are people in the world who will ruin their religion´s reputation, no matter what religion that may be. Do thoose people realy think that muslims who sees that video or even that man would ever consider convert to christianity??? astaqfallah. Inshaallah they will regret it and see the truth inshaallah. Or at least dont hate muslims that much.

glo
03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karima

thank u, thats sweet of u, its to bad that there are people in the world who will ruin their religion´s reputation, no matter what religion that may be. Do thoose people realy think that muslims who sees that video or even that man would ever consider convert to christianity??? astaqfallah. Inshaallah they will regret it and see the truth inshaallah. Or at least dont hate muslims that much.
Unfortunately, those people exist in every group. There are Christians who give Christianity a bad name, Muslims who give Islam a bad name, atheists who give atheism a bad name, Jews who give Judaism a bad name etc, etc.
All the rest of us can do (and have to do more!) is to speak out against them!

Fortunately there are also plenty of people who give Christianity, Islam, atheism, Judaism etc etc a GOOD name.
Thank God for that! :)

Pygoscelis
03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Indeed and I would stand with the both of you. It matters not if we are Muslim, Christian or atheist. We are all human beings who deserve respect.

I do have to note the irony of spreading hate with a sign that says "Jesus Loves you" lol

It would be like bludgeoning somebody with a peace sign.

MartyrX
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't think they really understand Jesus/Isa's message.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Please remember that those people in the video represent no one but themselves and are not representative of the whole community or of all non-Muslims, just like the terrorists represent no one except themselves and are not representative of Islam and Muslims.

ا ۚ اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ

{Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.}5:8

MustafaMc
03-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't know how many people noticed, but in both videos there was a mention of 9/11. Most Americans still believe the official story that 19 Muslims, Osama Bin Laden, and Al Qaeda were the sole perpetrators for 9/11. This day will be brought up again and again in the expression of hatred toward Islam and Muslims until the real perpetrators of 9/11 are exposed and the unjust wars and occupations are ended.

glo
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

I call it humanity.
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Indeed and I would stand with the both of you. It matters not if we are Muslim, Christian or atheist. We are all human beings who deserve respect.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
Please remember that those people in the video represent no one but themselves and are not representative of the whole community or of all non-Muslims, just like the terrorists represent no one except themselves and are not representative of Islam and Muslims.
I don't think you can know how much hope, joy and courage statements like this give me!

grey5E 5Earial5E 5E55E 5E65E 5EYOU ROCK!5E 5E -

Argamemnon
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I do have to note the irony of spreading hate with a sign that says "Jesus Loves you" lol
yes, also considering all the violence done in the name of Christianity throughout history. "Jesus loves you, but we will kill you".

Argamemnon
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
ا ۚ اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ

{Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.}5:8
What a beautiful verse .. I had forgotten this one.

glo
03-06-2011, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I don't think they really understand Jesus/Isa's message.
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
yes, also considering all the violence done in the name of Christianity throughout history. "Jesus loves you, but we will kill you".
Jesus' teachings are tough teachings to live up to - I am yet to meet anybody who truly manages it ...
But not living up to his example and blatantly ignoring his most important teachings are two different things!

I am reminded of this quote of Ghandi's:

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
:embarrass

MustafaMc
03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Which Christian principles are the USA applying in the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Hamza Asadullah
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Jesus' teachings are tough teachings to live up to - I am yet to meet anybody who truly manages it ...
But not living up to his example and blatantly ignoring his most important teachings are two different things!

Its a pity that the most fundamental teaching of Jesus and the very purpose of his prophethood was changed and twisted and that is of establishing the oneness of God and re-establishing the laws Moses was given before him.

The fact that the teachings of Jesus were being twisted and changed were also mentioned in the oldest of the books the Dideche where Jesus is only seen as a Prophet of God by his family and it is mentio ed how his words were starting to be changed and twisted. If Jesus were on the Earth today he would be horrified that he came to establish the oneness of God and instead people were worshipping him as God instead of God himself.

LavaDog
03-06-2011, 10:05 PM
There is so much hypocrisy in this video, waving the Israeli flag in one hand and a cross in the other. What happen to this country? Are these people really that stupid?

GuestFellow
03-06-2011, 10:46 PM
^ Salaam,

Some Christians support Israel because of some Biblical prophecies.

MartyrX
03-06-2011, 10:55 PM
From what I remember, the formation of the Israel state is a sign of the coming of the resurrection of Jesus.

Argamemnon
03-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Well, the same can surely be said about Muslims as well as about followers of other religions. If our beloved prophet saw us today he would not be pleased with us, that's for sure. He was extremely merciful. An example:

"Whilst in Makkah, a pagan woman was given to throw filth and garbage upon the Prophet whenever he passed her house. One day, the noticeable absence of the Prophet’s abuser concerned him so much that he enquired after her. When he learnt of her sickness, he visited her. She was so taken aback by his merciful concern that she embraced Islam."

Like you said; it's quite hard to live up to such standards for the majority of people, but the world would be such a beautiful place if we could.

GuestFellow
03-07-2011, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
From what I remember, the formation of the Israel state is a sign of the coming of the resurrection of Jesus.
Salaam,

From a Christian perspective, when Jesus returns, the Jews will convert, otherwise they will be killed. Is it not odd? Israel, a place where some Jewish people believe Israel is a new beginning for them when it is really the end.

I find the alliance between Christian Zionists and Jewish Zionists strange...

MartyrX
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

From a Christian perspective, when Jesus returns, the Jews will convert, otherwise they will be killed. Is it not odd? Israel, a place where some Jewish people believe Israel is a new beginning for them when it is really the end.

I find the alliance between Christian Zionists and Jewish Zionists strange...
Yes I consider that very odd.

sister herb
03-08-2011, 06:34 AM

I don't think you can know how much hope, joy and courage statements like this give me!

In my work before one other worker insulted me in cause of my religion. Then happened something...

All others came up and told him he can´t insult me and came to stand to me.

All of them were Christians.

Beardo
03-14-2011, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
In my work before one other worker insulted me in cause of my religion. Then happened something...

All others came up and told him he can´t insult me and came to stand to me.

All of them were Christians.
Isn't it beautiful to see people coexist? :) Alhamdulillah.

There are many haters out there, but there are many more kind-hearted fellows! :)

titus
03-14-2011, 05:50 AM
There are many haters out there, but there are many more kind-hearted fellows!
True, but the haters get more press unfortunately.

Fivesolas
03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I think it is natural, but a mistake, the suggest that hatred against Muslims is a function of Christianity. Are there people who in the name of Christianity hate Muslim people? Sure. Are their people in the name of Islam who hate Christians, Jews, et. Sure.

As a born-again, bible-believing Christian I am offended as much as anyone at seeing this. Any call for violence is contrary to the Christian message. We have a command from our Lord Jesus to love our enemies, pray for them, and do good to them. If these people are claiming to be Christians and see Muslims as their enemies, then they ought to obey Christ rather than their fear, hatreds, or bigotries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!