/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma <----- Heavy on my Heart,PLEASE Advice

ayan333
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
AsSalamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu Everyone

This is big Dilemma that is weighing on my shoulder and i need some sincere Nasiha (Advice)

So ive always wanted to be a doctor of some sort since i can remember but Alhamdulilah when i reached High school ALLAH(SWT) put love for the Islam in my heart i was Whole heartedly committed to learning everything and ANYTHING i could.I was at total peace.I graduated from high school in 2009 and decided i would get a education degree so that i could teach Islam or maybe English in one of the Muslim countries Egypt.KSA ect..

I studied to be a teacher but this semester i had a change of heart and i guess a downfall with my Imaan. I know longer wanted to be a teacher and i believe my experience at working at one of the "Islamic" schools in my community kind of discouraged me.So i decided i would change my course of study and get a degree in Respiratory Therapy and then my Masters to be a doctor.I was so excited and my Dad and I got so much closer because of it.

BUT now im back wanting to be a teacher because HOW can i be a Muslim Female doctor in america where i will have to have physical interactions with my patience of both genders.So i decided i wouldnt get my Master in Medicine but would just get my Bachelors in Respatory Therapy since i heard alot of the the Middle eastern and gulf countries have a high demand for RT"s....BUT now im on spring Break and ive actually had time to really thing.

Alhamdulilah i am in a position where i can either take the study of medicine rout OR the Education rout and not have wasted much time...its really now or NEVER that i have to make my decision.

Should i stick to medicine and just make towba? But that would be such hypocritical thing to do.I know i am putting myself in fitnah filled environment but yet i still do it hoping to please my LORD and be forgiven while STILL doing the wrongful acts.OR...

Should i stick to the Education Major rout and be successful in this world and in the Hereafter.I really always wanted to study Arabic intensively and study Islam,FIqh,Hafith ect...and this rout will allow me to do that InshALLAH.The only issue with this rout is that i DONT want to teach in AMERICA at all.Not the public schools nor the 'Islamic" school. SubhanAllah even the Islamic schools are not so great (May ALLAH(SWT) reward them Immensely InshALLAH.

It might seam like its a easy descion but its NOT! Easier said then done

Advice would be greatly appreciated

JazakALLAH Khair in advance

WaSalamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullah

okie dokie, i think your problem is, is that you dont have a clear and realistic image of what both careers really are and what they actually involve. perhaps your confusion is stemming from what these careers merely seem like and how they fit in/can improve your personal lifestyle (as opposed to what their reality actually is). how do you know that you are guaranteed a job in the middle east? how do you know situations wont change? how do you know that teaching is something great? what is your motive and reason for getting into these careers? is it more wealth, helping people, moving countries, pleasing your parents? you need to do some soul searching and be certain of what these careers really mean, and how this weighs up with what your objective is, of studying either career. so you need a realistic look on things and not merely look at things from what your personally desire. trust me, it is worlds apart.

i think its best if you have as much realistic imagine of what both these careers involve, as much as possible. dont go in thinking that either of them will be easy, indeed no doubt both of them will have their pro's and cons. i know with teaching this is definitely the case. Teaching Islam is something good and it is easy to love it, but there is also that other side of it being the discipline of children and interaction with difficult parents and other such things. Im not saying this to put you off, but just to give you an example that nothing and no career with be airy fairy and easy. it will definitely have its difficulties to it. dont think that just because you like something, that it will be easy and that there is no effort involved on your part. also if you truly want something but cannot attain it, dont be put off by a few bad experiences (like what you said about teaching)...perhaps it was the people that you worked with or other such factors that put you off teaching. my point? perhaps if you tried working somewhere else, etc then your experience of teaching maybe a positive...so yeah dont confine or define your career to "one time and one place." people and times change and you may find that you dislike something in one time and place but like it in another time and place and that would just boil down due to your who you were working with, your boss, etc etc and not the career itself. i hope that made sense.

you cant give up something just because you have faced a difficulty here and there because lets face it, we wouldn't get anywhere or achieve anything. if you truly want something but there are things blocking your path to attaining that thing, try a different path and a different means. as i said it could just be those "factors" around you that are a bothersome and not the career itself.

what i would do, is speak to people of both professions and do some thorough research. ensure that you know what you are getting yourself into so that you know how to deal with and prepare yourself with the downsides of whatever profession you choose.

also, i recall you mentioned something about your dad being happy with you? if its that important to him, maybe you should also consult him when making a decision.

tigerkhan
03-09-2011, 03:56 AM
i understand ur problem. but remember this is just our worldly plannings and its also important bcz prophet PBUH said that the best wisdom is "best planning" husn-e-tadbir. but i wana say the result is in the hand of ALLAH SWT, so dont forget much praying for it. even u can pray salat istahra for that. ALLAH SWT help u, i am happy to hear that msahallah u are cautious for that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!