/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Musk Perfume, please explain what that is.

Zuzubu
03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Asalamu Alaykum wr. wb.

I've been through a perfume called Musk which the prophet (saw) loved. It's said to be from some special flower, I've looked it up but did not find it anywhere, could anyone show a picture of the flower of Musk perfume? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-08-2011, 08:49 PM
:wa:

There is no such flower called Musk. Musk Perfume is scented oil, usually olive oil or high quality almond oil.

This link gives a recipe for making your own. I suspect the one favored by the Prophet(PBUH) would have been scented with Rose petals.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2192586_egyptian-musk-oil.html

ADDENDUM: In all probability the rose type that was would have been used to make the Musk used by the the Prophet(PBUH) would have been from the Family 'Rosa Rugosa', as that was the varietY best known then.

Here is what it looks like:

SOURCE

Hamza Asadullah
03-09-2011, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Asalamu Alaykum wr. wb.

I've been through a perfume called Musk which the prophet (saw) loved. It's said to be from some special flower, I've looked it up but did not find it anywhere, could anyone show a picture of the flower of Musk perfume? :)
Asalaamu Alaikum, Here is an explanation of Musk:

The Prophet Muhammad (Peace & Blessings be upon him) said: "The best of perfumes is Musk" (Sahih Muslim)

The Musk comes from a small deer that roams around the regions of Kashmir and the Himalayas, it has two fangs that he uses to scratch forest lichens on which it feeds.

Under it’s belly there are two small hairy glands like pods which produce small pellets of a black substance with a very strong smell know as Deer Musk.

Only the male deer produces this Musk and it drops the small grains in order to attract the female Deer. Women are attracted to nice smells particularly Musk, but females love this incredibly attractive perfume and from thousands of years men have been using Deer Musk to perfume themselves in order to be attracted to women. In order to mate, and mark its territory to warn other males that this is his area and they should not think to settle here.

Many years ago, when Marco Polo travelled in Kashmir, Deer Musk was collected once a year from the ground in the forest, (unfortunately not as nowadays, where the deer is killed for its musk) by the rulers of those times it was forbidden to kill the Deer for its Musk.

According to the Scientist and Scholar Ibn Qayum al Jawaziyah r.a, in his book 'Natural healing with the medicine of the Prophet' (peace be upon him), states that Musk is the King of perfumes, the most precious scent, it is hot and dry and pleases the spirit, it strengthens the internal organs, Musk helps old people during cold temperatures and climates, smelling musk helps people who suffer fainting attacks, helps to abate irregular heart accelerations and is also an aphrodisiac. Musk also accelerates healing of snake bites and removes the effects of poison.

The Musk grains that are inside the pods are also a remedy for very illnesses and diseases known to many alternative medicines. The Indian, Russian, Arab, Chinese and Japanese, are just amongst a few of the people whom have used Musk for the preparation of medicines for centuries.

There are people whom prepare medicines using natural ingredients such as Musk from the Deer

The smell of the Musk Gland (In pod form) are most sweet but when it is opened to extract the grains, their perfume is totally different.

On first impact, Deer Musk is extraordinarily powerful, even for a perfumer like me, who is used to working with pure essences, and it is not particularly nice, is smells very pungent, but only because it is fresh and unapplied to the skin where the chemical reaction with sweat of the human body has not yet taken place.

The best way to understand and appreciate the delicacy of the Musk deer perfume is to smell the bottle or the decanter that contains it from the outside, but in my experience when you apply musk it reacts with the human bodies natural sweat and becomes a totally different fragrance after time, the climate factors of the country you are in also contribute to this factor. In the days of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) the climate in the Arabian peninsula is hot and thus made people sweat naturally, in this case musk applied to the skin and then the reaction that takes place with the sweat produced from the human sweat glands, seems that it is so potent that it passes through the body of others. it is well know the fragrance of Deer Musk acts as an aphrodisiac, the great man of Science Ibn Sina (known as Avicenna in Greek) whose books on medicine and science are still used throughout the western world, would recommend the use of Deer Musk to patients whom suffered from sexual problems.

Source:http://www.muqtalifscents.co.uk/sunnah.htm

ardianto
03-09-2011, 01:50 AM
:sl:

The thread is about musk perfume, but the poll is about egg and chicken. ^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
03-09-2011, 02:16 AM
The chicken came first! Because to incubate the egg it needs it's 'mother' :p

Endymion
03-09-2011, 09:14 AM
I also wonder whats the connection between Chicken and Musk :embarrass.May be the little fellow Z thinks its Chicken who produce Musk :D Any ways,i answered this question before on UI and still i have the same answer for this silly/confusing question.

I am not interested who come first,I like The End.

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

The thread is about musk perfume, but the poll is about egg and chicken. ^o)
So what? Should I make a topic about eggs? Is that what you want?

But guys, Allah created a man and a woman, and a male and female chicken, and they were chicken. So chicken came first, right?

Evolutionists say that the egg came first, and that the animal is not a chicken if it is not born as one. Therefore they say egg.

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Ohh, so it's from an deer? I thought it was some flower. =) Where can I buy this perfume?

ardianto
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
So what? Should I make a topic about eggs? Is that what you want?
Up to you.
But guys, Allah created a man and a woman, and a male and female chicken, and they were chicken. So chicken came first, right?

Evolutionists say that the egg came first, and that the animal is not a chicken if it is not born as one. Therefore they say egg.
I know. But I mean, if you want to make a poll about egg and chicken, it's better if the thread is about egg and chicken too. And if you make a thread about musk perfume, it's better if the poll is about musk perfume too.

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Ardianto I don't remmember a rule saying that you can't ask something else in a poll. I can ask how many potatoes did u eat since last week if I wanted.

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Comfused...

Were talking about musk or egg's? :S

ardianto
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Ardianto I don't remmember a rule saying that you can't ask something else in a poll.
I never found a rule that says you can't ask something else in a poll. But this thread confused me, should I make a post about musk perfume or about egg and chicken ?
I can ask how many potatoes did u eat since last week if I wanted.
Ask me, and I'll give you a honest answer, ......... nothing.
I am not living in Europe, bro !. It's better if you ask me, how many times I ate soy processed foods and raw vegetables last week. These are my foods here. :D

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I have to agree with ardianto here, i got comfused too, at first i though you were talking about egg musk and chicken musk ^o)

Were not saying dont put it but in your first post mention why you put the poll there, if your doing this then your just abuseing the forum features. I do hope you get what i am trying to say :shade:

:wa::statisfie

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
huzzy its not forum abusing, if you are confused then read. Look at the first post, and answer it, just because people love to critizise me for liking chicken you shouldn't join them.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
:lol: People are criticizing zuzubu...?

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
May be the little fellow Z thinks its Chicken who produce Musk

..... :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Nop mate, i aint criticizing you ;) Its a good question but i am just saying ... Well i am out of here dont wana be a part of this convo .. Dont wana heart someone hearth as its worse then breaking the kaba!

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
No one is breaking my heart by this, I am very cold so don't have that many emotions for random internet slaves.

So musk is some kind of pee oil, from a musk-deer which u mix with flower ??

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
No clue, i just buy it from the shop, i'll have to take a pic of the perfume from my phone and then upload it i'll show you later ;)

and its cool that your cold, your lucky, cos i sometimes take jokes srsly too :( Sadly..

Did you call me a internet slave??? :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

this thread is soo geeky!

The bro probably created the poll for fun or something geeky :-\

Khaair either way, interesting topic mashaAllaah!

I had no idea Musk came from deer and subhaanAllaah.

Something truely amazing i learnt and Alhamdulilaah

peace

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Huzzy, slave of Allah = a Muslim.

It was a black joke, which you are supposed to misunderstand anyway.

*high five* We are using "geeky mood" =)

Alright, so you buy musk perfume? I wonder if it is here in Denmark. Probably not.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
^Glad someone is using my mood! :-\

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 04:14 PM
*High Five* Like i keep repeting i am a teen(15) so if i dont understand anything dont get angry ;P Well nice joke ;)

If they dont sell it in Denmark then just inbox me your adress and i'll try my best to post it to you, if my parents say its okay ;) Umm well they sell musk in shops but its a cheap one ;) Not those expencive £100 per bottle onces. If you want one of those cheap onces i'll send it ;)

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Nope, I don't accept these things from people who I have no blood relation with, or study with. Besides I'm sure I can get it if I go for holidays.

Huzzy_786
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Yep sure ;)

No problem.

Endymion
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
..... :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted :exhausted
Awww......... :p

Wassup Tweety,was just kidding :sorry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!