/* */

PDA

View Full Version : query regarding mensus and salah

muslimgirl12
03-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Salaam

I wanted to know what women are supposd to do if they become pure after mensus whilst at work -
Sometimes i take half a day off when i know i need to have a ghusal

But now for example there are too many people off work so they wont give me a day off - or sometimes i become pure early -

Do we get sinned for not doing ghusal and praying or is it becuse its out of our hands and when we get home we can have a shower and qaza the salah we were unable to pray???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
03-11-2011, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
Salaam

I wanted to know what women are supposd to do if they become pure after mensus whilst at work -
Sometimes i take half a day off when i know i need to have a ghusal

But now for example there are too many people off work so they wont give me a day off - or sometimes i become pure early -

Do we get sinned for not doing ghusal and praying or is it becuse its out of our hands and when we get home we can have a shower and qaza the salah we were unable to pray???
Asalaamu Alaikum, In regards to your question Sheikh Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf states:

It would not be sufficient for a women to perform salat after just performing wudu when ending her menstruation. If one has performed salat after making wudhu only, those prayers must be repeated.

As to the question of how do Muslim women deal with such situations, what we can say is that their are great wisdoms in the shari'a and immense rewards for those who persevere in holding onto their faith.

If a women is in situation that she is forced to work to earn her daily bread due to the absence of a supporting father or brother [if unmarried] or husband [if married] then she should discuss the need of having to leave early [with or without disclosing the details] with her supervisor. Thereafter she can make up the missed work the day after instead of having to make up missed prayers. People take of work for all sorts of reason and this is as good a reason as any. If the current employment is not flexible at all in this regard then you should actively look for another job if you are forced to have one.

Remember we are required make our lifestyle subordinate to our religion and not our religion conform to our lifestyle. Otherwise situations of this nature are sure to arise and difficult to overcome. And Allah makes a path for those who fear Him and He knows best.

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=2300&CATE=129

So you will have to do everything in your power to try and do ghusl if and when your menses end no matter where you are. If there is no possibility of this whatsoever then you will have to do Isthinja and wudu and pray Salaah and then repeat those Salaah's once you have done ghusl.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!