/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Frog Names

S.Belle
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
I got two frogs yesterday and since u guys did great in helping another sis with her pet naming prob....suggestions please?

they are both males
one looks exactly like this

and the other is a light greyish color similair to this

Please nothing like Hoppers or Hoppy...lol

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
i suggest;

Fnugie
Genghis Khan
Kubla Khan
Borat
Bruno
Zuzubu
;;;

alright.

Slippy, Snacky, Azurus, Snip, Noah, Gog, Magog, these ones are real frog names. ;)

Ghazalah
03-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Googley :D...

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Peek-a-boo???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Azurus
Kinda like it

I sorta want to name one of them Irie...but it sounds a bit feminine

Endymion
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
A Frog :uuh: I mean,are you serious :mmokay: Let them go girl,how can you even touch them +o( :scared:

Ghazalah
03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Googley ...
:bump1:

I think it's a beautiful name. <_<

piXie
03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Prince Charming and... Prince Alarming ?

Btw on the topic of frogs, I just wanted to share this:

Question

Salaam Alaykum, Is it true that Frogs are considered to be sacred or pious creatures? Also, I do want to know that whether Frogs engage in remembrance of ALLAH (Almighty) or do they make "Tasbeeh" as said by Dr.Zakir Naik? Do they say Subhaan ALLAH, AlhamdulILLAH and ALLAHu Akbar as we say? May ALLAH (Almighty) reward you with Goodness.

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

It is confirmed in a Hadeeth that it is prohibited to kill frogs, and the jurists

relied on this evidence in prohibiting eating them. Some of them said that the reason is that they are dirty as stated by Al-Munaawi

. Moreover, it is confirmed that ‘Abdullaah Ibn ‘Amr

said that the reason for this is that its croak is Tasbeeh (saying Subhaanah Allaah, i.e. how perfect Allaah is) and Al-Bayhaqi

classified this narration from Ibn ‘Amr

as Saheeh [authentic].
Besides, Ash-Shawkaani

said that Ibn ‘Amr

used to take from the Israelites. It was also reported from Anas

that the frog took water in its mouth to put out the fire that was prepared to burn the Prophet Ibraaheem (Abraham)

As regards the wording of its Tasbeeh, then we are not aware of any authentic evidence of it. However, it was reported from Anas

that it says: “Subhaanaka wa bihamdika muntaha ‘ilmika” (How perfect You are O Allaah, and I praise You to the farthest boundary of Your Knowledge.” Whereas, Az-Zamakhshari

said that it says “Subhaanah Al-Malik Al-Qudoos” (How perfect The King, The Holy One is.)

What is mentioned about the frogs making Tasbeeh – if this is confirmed – is evidence of its excellence as it is said that its croak is Tasbeeh. However, even if this is not confirmed, they are still included in the general creatures that make Tasbeeh, as Allaah Says (what means): {The seven heavens and the earth and whatever is in them exalt Him. And there is not a thing except that it exalts [Allaah] by His praise, but you do not understand their [way of] exalting.}[Quran 17:44]

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=134248

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Geeky, Jumper, you are a frog 1, you are frog number 2 (although you will need to remember which is which :-\ bad i know :-\ ), slimey, slippy, frog 1 frog 2. err thats all i could think of :-\

Hope i helped : D

:-\

Zuzubu
03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Why Irie? Make it Azurus, and Irie.

I looove Gog and Magog was names for animals.

Yajooj and Majooj is fine too.

S.Belle
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
A Frog :uuh: I mean,are you serious :mmokay: Let them go girl,how can you even touch them +o( :scared:

no they are soooo cute and funny mashallah
they are african dwarf frogs so they live in water and there is no need for me to take them out :(
Why Irie? Make it Azurus, and Irie.

I looove Gog and Magog was names for animals.

I just like the way Irie sounds it mean like everything's fine and cool so the meaning is nice
as for Gog and Magog ummm thats a wee uhhh...they are evil but my frogs arent...

Ghazalah
03-09-2011, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Why in the world would someone want to call their pets these names?? :S

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
^coz some people are super geekified! :-\

PouringRain
03-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Cute froggies! My little one calls frogs "ribbits." The one older than her had difficulty with g's and he would say "froffies." :statisfie

I have no name suggestions. I say to just name them what you want! If you like a name, then go with it. :thumbs_up

Ummu Sufyaan
03-10-2011, 01:12 AM
:sl:
spotty?........

Woodrow
03-10-2011, 01:30 AM
The best names would be:

Oglethorpe and Ignatz

I can almost guarantee they would be the only two frogs with those names.

جوري
03-10-2011, 01:50 AM
ugh and yuck ;D ;D ;D

Re.TiReD
03-10-2011, 02:44 AM
AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah

I just consulted the wisest most amazing person I know and they, in their infinite cuteness, said: Gorf and Orf :D

Have a good day :D

Wassalam

Endymion
03-10-2011, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle

no they are soooo cute and funny mashallah
they are african dwarf frogs so they live in water and there is no need for me to take them out :(
[INDENT]
Did you put them in Aquarium like Fishes :hmm: Wont they get bored ^o)
And what do they eat in water.I thought frogs eat flies but they cant catch flies living in water :hmm:

abjad
03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
.suggestions please?
salaam

are u serious?...let me try
both males yes!
the the first one name it "chura" and the second "dhi'fda"

by the way are these the frogs which are Eatable by some humans

Ummu Sufyaan
03-10-2011, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
ugh and yuck ;D ;D ;D
frogs are kind of cute actually but the greens ones a cuter. i dont know if they would make a great pet though-tbh i've never thought of it..... i actually found a frog on a window this evening :hmm: it was cute :statisfie

Ansariyah
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Goooeeey n Ooweee:p

Of all the pets, why frogs?

S.Belle
03-10-2011, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Of all the pets, why frogs?
bc my mom wouldnt let me have a chameleon and the frogs just looked so adorable

format_quote Originally Posted by hodi

by the way are these the frogs which are Eatable by some humans
No...:( dont eat frogs btw its haram
and I have no clue how to pronounce the names you suggested....transliteration please

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Did you put them in Aquarium like Fishes :hmm: Wont they get bored ^o)
And what do they eat in water.I thought frogs eat flies but they cant catch flies living in water :hmm:
yea they are in an aquarium and no they are actually really lazy lol they do this thing called "Zen Postion" (they stand or float in the water with their limbs outstrecthed and just stare straight up or forward) ALOT so i think its theire own source of entertainment
when I got them they came with these lil pillets but they eat brine shrimp, glassworms, daphnia, and bloodworms.

Ali Mujahidin
03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Lermit and Termit. They are the names of two little-known half-brothers of Kermit the Frog.

Ramadhan
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Just an observation:
only in the past a couple of decades or so do we start to understand the extreme importance of roles that frogs play in the ecosystem and ecology.
Here's few reasons why:
Frogs are an integral part of the food web

Tadpoles keep waterways clean by feeding on algae. Adult frogs eat large quantities of insects, including disease vectors that can transmit fatal illnesses to humans (i.e. mosquitoes/malaria). Frogs also serve as an important food source to a diverse array of predators, including dragonflies, fish, snakes, birds, beetles, centipedes and even monkeys. Thus, the disappearance of frog populations disturbs an intricate food web, and results in negative impacts that cascade through the ecosystem.
Frogs are bioindicators

Most frogs require suitable habitat in both the terrestrial and aquatic environments, and have permeable skin that can easily absorb toxic chemicals. These traits make frogs especially susceptible to environmental disturbances, and thus frogs are considered accurate indicators of environmental stress: the health of frogs is thought to be indicative of the health of the biosphere as a whole. Frogs have survived in more or less their current form for 250 million years, having survived countless ice ages, asteroid crashes, and other environmental disturbances, yet now one-third of amphibian species are on the verge of extinction. This should serve as an alarm call to humans that something is drastically wrong in the environment.
Humans use frogs in medicinal research

Frogs produce a wide array of skin secretions, many of which have significant potential to improve human health through their use as pharmaceuticals. Approximately 10% of Nobel Prizes in Physiology and Medicine have resulted from investigations that used frogs. When a frog species disappears, so does any promise it holds for improving human medicine.

But 1,400 years ago prophet Muhammad SAW already warned us not to kill or endanger frogs!
I bet no one knew the reason and not until in the past decade or so with the drastic climate change do we understand why frogs are so important.

This is yet another latest evidence of how the truth of Islam is revealed one by one.

Woodrow
03-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Frogs and toads are really quite remarkable creatures. Not exactly a fuggable type pet, but very interesting to watch and oddly they do seem to have their own personalities. There are quite a few species and range in size from about the size of your fingernail to nearly the size of a small rabbit.

On the edible species normally only the legs are eaten and some of them have legs as big as chicken legs. Yes, they are haram to eat. so enjoy them as pets and treat them kindly, by taking good care of them. Read the information booklets about their care and even try a few web sites for more information

http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id1.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2059915_care...arf-frogs.html

Ghazalah
03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Have you decided yet? I'm guessing Googely isn't the chosen name <_<

:D

Woodrow
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Frogs and toads are really quite remarkable creatures. Not exactly a fuggable type pet, but very interesting to watch and oddly they do seem to have their own personalities. There are quite a few species and range in size from about the size of your fingernail to nearly the size of a small rabbit.

On the edible species normally only the legs are eaten and some of them have legs as big as chicken legs. Yes, they are haram to eat. so enjoy them as pets and treat them kindly, by taking good care of them. Read the information booklets about their care and even try a few web sites for more information

http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id1.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2059915_care...arf-frogs.html
I just realised not everybody knows slang from my era. Fruggable is a cross between fuzzy and Huggable. Fuggable pets are things like kittens.

S.Belle
03-14-2011, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Have you decided yet?
one is Irie and the other I still havent named:hiding:

very interesting to watch and oddly they do seem to have their own personalities.
very true Irie is quite active and likes to swim and zen alot while no name likes to hide and sleep around all day.

Today I saw that they were both moving around in their tank more than usual so when I got closer they were fighting over some skin that no name shedded once they ripped it in half they ate it +o(

جوري
03-15-2011, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle

one is Irie and the other I still havent named:hiding:

very true Irie is quite active and likes to swim and zen alot while no name likes to hide and sleep around all day.

Today I saw that they were both moving around in their tank more than usual so when I got closer they were fighting over some skin that no name shedded once they ripped it in half they ate it +o(
hence ugh and yuck would have been ideal.. I always have vision..;D

Beardo
03-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Use the Arabic word "dufta'"

Sounds like a ribbit too! The beauty of the Arabic language, subhanAllah!

...Or you could do Goofus and Doofus! Beavus and butthead?

Ramadhan
03-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Ren and Stimpy?

Harut and Marut? (but dont be surprised if they perform a magic trick one day)

Beardo
03-15-2011, 02:24 AM
Yajuj and Majuj?

or Yaggog and Maggog lol. or however the english equivalent is.

IslamicRevival
03-15-2011, 02:56 AM
Thunder
Froggy :D

Faatin
03-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Specky or speckster lol like how they have specks on their backs o.O

sister herb
03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Hyppi and pomppi? (they are my language and means jumping) :p

Hannah.
03-15-2011, 11:39 AM
If you've run out of names, just call it the Frog Prince. It might even transform into a prince one day.. you never know.. :D

sister herb
03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
If you've run out of names, just call it the Frog Prince. It might even transform into a prince one day.. you never know.. :D
But shouldn´t she kiss it at first... :exhausted uhh... kissing a frog...

Ghazalah
03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
butthead?
;D

Googely.... :p:

Hannah.
03-15-2011, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
But shouldn´t she kiss it at first... :exhausted uhh... kissing a frog...
Yeah I was initially gonna write 'when kissing the frog it'd turn into a hunky prince' but thought I might be violating one of the forum rules lol. :?

Woodrow
03-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah I was initially gonna write 'when kissing the frog it'd turn into a hunky prince' but thought I might be violating one of the forum rules lol. :?
Yep, if one of us mean, nasty, humorless Admins saw you write something like that you would be banned immediately, all your posts deleted, your ISP address blocked and any other nasty thing we can think of doing. But, fortunately I did not see your post I quoted above.

BTW I like this thread and you should notice a slight increase in your rep points. It is refreshing to see a nice clean friendly thread.

yas2010
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
what about Laurel n Hardy?! :)

S.Belle
03-15-2011, 05:57 PM

Wow....you have been reading too many fairy tales lady :P lol
Im so NOT gonna kiss a frog :omg: so I will never know if this theory is true with my frogs...or any other frogs for that matter :P but Im sure if you ask my frogs nicely they will let u have a froggy kiss lol

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Ren and Stimpy?
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
LOL i just asked my bro and he loves Stimpy

this is Irie

and Stimpy

Jazakallah Khair bros and sis' for helping :)

moonseo
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
As-salam-u-Alikum
my brother this is link of site allaboutfrogs org there all about of frog any thing you want there any help i will be hear. :shade:

Regard:
Mamoon.
MY Site:
Teachingquran.com

sister herb
03-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Salam alaykum;

they look more happy as being just frogs... better forget the idea try to change them princes. Life as prince might be more complicated, specially under water. :)

S.Belle
03-30-2011, 09:20 PM
stimpy died :(

yas2010
03-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Salaam Sister

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!