/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you be willing to do when you see Hell?

Flame of Hope
03-09-2011, 10:54 PM
As we very well know with great certainty, Hell is something that ALL of us will see and will have to pass over. When that time comes and you see Hell Fire before you, what would be the things you would be willing to do then to save yourself from it? Provided of course, that you are ALLOWED the opportunity to do so.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-09-2011, 10:59 PM
^ At that time, we would be able to do nothing.

aadil77
03-09-2011, 11:13 PM
nothing, it'll be too late and stupid to even think you can somehow escape

Flame of Hope
03-09-2011, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
nothing, it'll be too late and stupid to even think you can somehow escape
A good thing we are not yet dead, isn't it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
03-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Accept it? :(

Flame of Hope
03-10-2011, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Accept it? :(
We can do nothing after death, sister. But we can do something NOW, while we are alive. I think the least we can do is to stop feeling safe and secure and to repent for our sins. Let us repent and let us strive never to associate partners with Allah. Ameen.

Also let us remember that Allah accepts from us only what is pure and good. We can't be doing things with dual purpose in mind. Our worship of Allah should be exclusively to win His pleasure and nothing else. Only then will our deeds have any weight.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Hope in Allaahs Mercy and that He makes me from,

{And there is none of you except he will come to it. This is upon your Lord an inevitability decreed. Then We will save those who feared Allah...}Maryam, 71-2

Flame of Hope
03-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Some of the things I would do:

1.) Ask all the people who I wronged to forgive me.

2.) Treat my mother and father with kindness and respect and make amends if I had been unkind to them.

3.) Silence my tongue and use it only for speaking good.

4.) Treat all people with respect, regardless of their religion or lack of religion.

5.) Live among the poor and downtrodden and help them in any way I can.

6.) Fast every other day seeking Allah's pleasure.

7.) Strive to be an example to others before I enjoin the good and forbid the evil.

8.) Give up running after the pleasures of this Dunya.

9.) Give up excess, extravagance, miserliness and practice moderation in all things.

10.) Stay indoors and weep over my sins, begging Allah's forgiveness.

11.) Obey my husband and give up argumentation.

12.) Warn as many people as I can about the Fire of Hell and invite them to Islam to achieve salvation.

3rddec
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I have often wondered in my life about Heaven and Hell and why a loving and fair God says we have free will but if you do as I say I will reward you but dont and your in Hell and it made God sound like a Tyrant. I also felt those people whose only line in trying to keep people faithfull was Heaven or Hell your choice were missing something. In the end after 30+ years of being a major sinner I finally had my thoughts cleared about the matter. My previous thoughts had been why should I change just because God will say go to hell, thats not love thats fear and I would not change my beliefs and actions on earth out of fear so I would be a hipocrit to do it in death. Then I realised that what I was really saying is that I want to love God not fear him and that what was stopping me was my unbelief that God could forgive me from all my sins. Then I realised that I loved God already I was just a weak human sinner and that God was perfectly entitled to send me to hell and if I loved God being in hell as a just punishment would not change my love for God. Once I lost my fear of Hell or my desire for heaven I began to explore the real issue is to trust that God loves me too and that provided I loved him God would find a way to save me from Hell as he would want me in his company. It does not give me a licence to sin but rather forces me to accept I love God and must try to show this by doing what is pleasing to him and continue to pray for God to help me become more worthy of his presence, as no man can save himself only God can save him.

I dont want to belittle this thead but I feel obliged to ask you to think about my experience and see does it speak to you whether you are Christian, Muslim or Jew.
So you can try and remember Gods love for us and our love for him and what this then asks in our life.

Love and Respect

Flame of Hope
03-10-2011, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3rddec
I have often wondered in my life about Heaven and Hell and why a loving and fair God says we have free will but if you do as I say I will reward you but dont and your in Hell and it made God sound like a Tyrant.
Hi! Thanks for taking the time for expressing your thoughts on this matter.

I have some questions to ask you. Would you love a God who was unfair and unjust? Would you love God if He were to punish an innocent man? Or a God who did not punish those who were guilty of injustice, oppression, rebellion and disobedience?

If a man finds himself in Hell, it is not because God wrongs him. He is thrown into Hell because of the things he did and said which displeased God.

It is never God who wrongs man. It is man who wrongs himself. In the Hereafter, you reap what you sowed in this life. It's an absolute principle and it has nothing to do with how you feel about it. Absolute principles are eternal in nature and they change for no man, Muslim or non-Muslim. Whosoever walks on the Right Path is saved, so if only one person is on that path, only one person will be saved. Whosoever walks on the Wrong Path is doomed, so even if billions of people are walking on it, they are all doomed.

So before that time comes, let's think about which path we are on and fervently seek God's guidance to help us get on the Right Path.

3rddec
03-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Yep thats the point ; Love God because he is the one who truly deserves our Love insignificant as we are he delights in our love as Father delights in the love of his children though God does not need it. But God is so full of love he wanted to share it and he created us. To love God for any other reason is impossible. Fear is not Love. Love God don't fear him, fear the loss of God in our existance , fear Hell for the absence of God as there is no greater suffering. And remember to ask what does the Love of God ask of us in how we behave and act and try our best to Give our Father something to be pleased about. Pray that we will always walk in his ways and that he will always be with us.

Love and Respect

Flame of Hope
03-10-2011, 10:51 PM
fear Hell for the absence of God as there is no greater suffering.
So true. What can be worse than God turning away from you? :(

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.

Aprender
03-10-2011, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.
I kept repeating the part in bold this week. I think I heard it in a nasheed a while ago or something. It's part of the shahadah?

Flame of Hope
03-11-2011, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
I kept repeating the part in bold this week. I think I heard it in a nasheed a while ago or something. It's part of the shahadah?
It's the most important thing you could ever say in your life. It is the shahadah, yes. The only thing that can take you out of Hell, that is, if you have conviction in your heart that it is the truth.

Aprender
03-11-2011, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
It's the most important thing you could ever say in your life. It is the shahadah, yes. The only thing that can take you out of Hell, that is, if you have conviction in your heart that it is the truth.
:) They are beautiful words.

PouringRain
03-11-2011, 01:43 AM
if I loved God being in hell as a just punishment would not change my love for God. Once I lost my fear of Hell or my desire for heaven
:thumbs_up

I have said part of what I am about to say in the past and I will say it again.... even if God chose to send me to hell, I would accept his decision completely and I would still not stop loving him, serving him, or worshiping him. All that God does is good, even if we can not see that immediately, and all we can do is trust him and accept it. God will do what God does. All I can do is submit to his will, and continuously give him all the glory and honor.

Flame of Hope
03-11-2011, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
even if God chose to send me to hell, I would accept his decision completely and I would still not stop loving him, serving him, or worshiping him.
There is a prayer that we are taught in the Qur'an. It goes like this:

"Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith." Quran 2: 286

An incredible prayer and a great blessing given to us by the Lord of the Worlds. One can only hope that God will have mercy on he who utters these blessed words to achieve salvation from the Fire. :)

S_87
03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
may Allah forgive us and save us from the punishment of hell!!!! ameen

Flame of Hope
03-11-2011, 05:47 PM
All I can do is submit to his will, and continuously give him all the glory and honor.
Do you have any passages in the Bible that are anything like the verse I posted above? Here it is again:

"Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith." Quran 2: 286

I used to read the Bible, but don't recall reading anything similar to the verse above.

piXie
03-15-2011, 09:33 PM
... even if God chose to send me to hell, I would accept his decision completely and I would still not stop loving him, serving him, or worshiping him.
Dear PouringRain,

If we love, worship and serve God to that extent, why would He ever put us in Hell in the first place?

God would never. Unless we are loving, serving and worshipping Him in a way He has forbidden us to do and in a way which displeases Him.

In which case, we'd need to re-check..

Kind regards

xsmilesx
03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Although as many others are right in the fact that there is absolutely nothing we will be able to do, i can also say that we haven't seen hell yet to even think of what we could do. I am sure we will be willing to do anything but if we are so aware of that then Insh'Allah fear will grow in our hearts and we will do anything to become better people in this world.

piXie
03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Would just like to share this hadith as it seems relevant to the topic here..

Anas (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the prophet (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) said Allah says:

A disbeliever will be brought on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked (by Allah)
: "Suppose you had as much gold as to fill the earth, would you offer it to ransom yourself (from the least torture of the hellfire)"?

Disbeliever
: Yes (certainly).

Allah
: You were asked for something (much) easier than that (to join none in worship with Allah (i.e. to accept Islam, but you refused).”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76 (Kitaab Ar-Riqaq), Hadith 546]

Ramadhan
03-16-2011, 06:37 AM
May Allah keep me, my family, my muslim brothers and sisters on the straight path and save us all from hell. amiin.

when you see hell, there is nothing you can do except asking Allah for His mercy, although it may be too late for that.

I am shocked by the lax attitude shown by few posts in these thread that they are willingly accept hell if it is the decision from Allah.
It could be that their eeman is very very strong, or it could be from ignorance and making light of the severity of hell and Allah punishment.
It is this very lack of fear of Allah punishments that make some people do evil things and treating Allah do's and donts as something trivial and inconsequential.

Woodrow
03-16-2011, 07:09 AM
One of the greatest gifts Allaah(swt) has given us in this Dunya are the gifts of pain and suffering. For it is through those gifts we can understand to some extent the immensity of what an eternity in hellfire would be like. If we think of the worse pain and the longest suffering we have ever experienced and understand that it is only minor and temporary compared to Hell.
Tthe gift of pain and suffering gives us reason to do what needs to be done to avoid hell.

Amat Allah
03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
May Allah make us from those whom Allah says about them:"Indeed, those for whom the best [reward] has preceded from Us - they are from it far removed. (101)They will not hear its sound, while they are, in that which their souls desire, abiding eternally. (102) They will not be grieved by the greatest terror, and the angels will meet them, [saying], "This is your Day which you have been promised" - (103) " Surat Al Anbiyaa Ameeeen

Allah Is The Most Just; He never forced us to do things; He showed us the path of goodness and taugh us how to walk in it and what we will find at the end and showed us the path of evil and taught us how to walk in it and what we will find at the end...

let me ask: what if an old man was leading your way to some village and said: Sir, if you would take this path then surely you will be harmed cause there are many wild animals would eat your flesh alive but if you would take the other path you will surely arrive to your destination safely...

So, if you decided to take the dangreous path and those animals cut you into parts; is that old man tyrant? or you are the one who wronged himself and let his precious feet take him to his fate?

all Praise, Glory and Thanks be to Allah...

Allah says:"Indeed, the criminals will be in the punishment of Hell, abiding eternally. (74) It will not be allowed to subside for them, and they, therein, are in despair. (75) And We did not wrong them, but it was they who were the wrongdoers. (76)" Surat Azzukhruff

and says The Most Exalted:"Whoever does righteousness - it is for his [own] soul; and whoever does evil [does so] against it. And your Lord is not ever unjust to [His] servants. (46) " Surat Fussilat

I love Allah and I will in shaa Allah till I meet Him The Most Exalted and He Has the free will to put me wherever He wants cause I am His creature , servant and slave and I am nothing if not Him Al Mighty but I am begging Allah The Lord of heavens and earth, hell and fire , The Most Merciful The Most Compassionate to forgive us, keep us firm on His staright path, have mercy on us , guide us, save us from Hellfire and reward us with the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning and all the Ummah Ameeeeen

I trust Allah and His promises cause Allah Is The Most Just, Truthful and Honest; He says:"But the ones who believe and do righteous deeds - We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. [It is] the promise of Allah, [which is] truth, and who is more truthful than Allah in statement. (122)" Surat Annisaa.

"Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people." Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon Rasoolullah Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!