/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Jerusalem talked about in the Hadith ?

truthseeker63
03-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Is Jerusalem talked about in the Hadith ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
03-11-2011, 06:13 AM
QS. 17:1

Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Remember that Masjid al Aqsa as mentioned in the Qur'an is not exactly the current roofed mosque, but includes the whole area of the noble sanctuary, temple mount and the dome of the rock.

in ahadiths:
Abu Huraira [ra] is quoted as saying that Allah’s Messenger [peace be upon him] said, ‘set out deliberately on a journey only to three mosques: this mosque of mine (in Medina), the Sacred Mosque (in Makkah) and the Masjid al Aqsa (in Jerusalem) (Bukhari & Muslim)

Al-Bukhari reported in his authentic Collection of hadiths (i.e. Sahih al-Bukhari) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "The rihaal must not be fixed (i.e. to go any where) [rihaal means 'luggage and provision a traveler usually takes with him in a long journey] except to three mosques: al-Masjid al-Haram (in Makkah), the Messenger’s mosque (in Madinah) and al-Aqsa mosque (in Jerusalem). " (No.1189)

Abu al-Darda’ said that Prophet Muhammad: “A prayer in the Sacred Mosque (in Mecca) is worth 100,000 prayers, a prayer in my mosque (in Medina) is worth 1,000 and a prayer in Jerusalem is worth 500 prayers more than in an any other mosque.” (Al-Bukhari)

Ma’munah Bint Sa‘d said that when Prophet Muhammad was asked about a person who was unable to travel to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, he said: “He should make a gift of oil to be burnt therein, for he who gives a gift to al-Masjid al-Aqsa will be like one who has prayed therein.” (Ahmad and Ibn Majah)

Once Abu Dharr asked the Prophet, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was built first?" He replied, "Al-masjid-ul-Haram." I asked, "Which (was built) next?" He replied, "Al-masjid-ul-Aqsa." I asked, "What was the period in between them?" He replied, "Forty (years)." He then added, "Wherever the time for the prayer comes upon you, perform the prayer, for all the earth is a place of worshipping for you." (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 3194)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!