/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this why the Quran being recited and the Azan Islamic call to prayer sounds very b

truthseeker63
03-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Is this why the Quran being recited and the Azan Islamic call to prayer sounds very beautiful this below is from the Hadith ?

(1) Narrated Al-Bara' ibn Azib: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Beautify the Qur'an with your voices. (Book #8, Hadith #1463)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHad...earch_word=all

(1) Narrated Sa'd ibn AbuWaqqas: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who does not Chant the Qur'an is not one of us. (Sub-narrator Qutaybah said: This Hadith according to my collection is on the authority of Sa'id ibn AbuSa'id.) (Book #8, Hadith #1464)

(2) Narrated AbuLubabah: Ubaydullah ibn Yazid said: AbuLubabah passed by us and we followed him till he entered his house, and we also entered it. There was a man in a rusty house and in shabby condition. I heard him say: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: He is not one of us who does not Chant the Qur'an. I (the narrator AbdulJabbar) said to Ibn AbuMulaykah: AbuMuhammad, what do you think if a person does not have pleasant voice? He said: He should recite with pleasant voice as much as possible. (Book #8, Hadith #1466)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHad...earch_word=all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
03-12-2011, 12:38 AM
"chant" is not exactly the accurate translation.
The word in arabic is "tarteel"
In QS. 74:3

Sahih International
Or add to it, and recite the Qur'an with measured recitation.
Muhsin Khan
Or a little more; and recite the Quran (aloud) in a slow, (pleasant tone and) style.
Pickthall
Or add (a little) thereto - and chant the Qur'an in measure,
Yusuf Ali
Or a little more; and recite the Qur'an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
Shakir
Or add to it, and recite the Quran as it ought to be recited.
Dr. Ghali
Or increase thereto; and recite the Qur'an (in a distinct) recitation.

Darth Ultor
03-12-2011, 01:09 AM
So if you don't have a good voice when you chant the Quran, you're not considered Muslim? I seriously doubt that all one billion plus Muslims each have a good singing voice. Some do some don't. God is gonna judge you by how well you hold a note?

جوري
03-12-2011, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
So if you don't have a good voice when you chant the Quran, you're not considered Muslim? I seriously doubt that all one billion plus Muslims each have a good singing voice. Some do some don't. God is gonna judge you by how well you hold a note?

Actually there is a hadith that states the one who recites with a beautiful voice gets a reward and the one who struggles to beautify his recitation gets twice the reward.. perhaps one of the brothers or sisters here can find the hadith as I am too tired. .. been a loooooooong day..

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
03-12-2011, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by

Please tell me where in the Qur'an or in the ahadeeth that says you have to have beautiful voice to recite the Qur'an?
the hadeeth says "to beautify it" it means to recite it the best one can do. For example: no screaming, no grunting, no speed reading, etc.
After all the Qur'an is the direct speech of Allah SWT, do you not want to beautify when reading it?

format_quote Originally Posted by
Actually there is a hadith that states the one who recites with a beautiful voice gets a reward and the one who struggles to beautify his recitation gets twice the reward.. perhaps one of the brothers or sisters here can find the hadith as I am too tired. .. been a loooooooong day..

"Hadhrat 'Aa'ishah (Radhiyallaho anha) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once said. "One who is well versed in the Quran will be in the company of those angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in reading the Quran, and has to exert hard for learning, gets double the reward." (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Daud, Tirmidzi, Nasa’i, Ibn Majah)

More ahadeeth on reciting and listening to the Qur'an: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...08/chap180.htm

جوري
03-12-2011, 03:01 PM
[quote=naidamar;1419059]"Hadhrat 'Aa'ishah (Radhiyallaho anha) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once said. "One who is well versed in the Quran will be in the company of those angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in reading the Quran, and has to exert hard for learning, gets double the reward." (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Daud, Tirmidzi, Nasa’i, Ibn Majah) More ahadeeth on reciting and listening to the Qur'an: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...08/chap180.htm

Jazaka Allah kol khyer akhi.. that is the one :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!