/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is....?

tigerkhan
03-12-2011, 11:32 AM
:sl:
actually there is difference in understanding of people about deen and islam....some thinks islam mean to pray salat, some defines its as worship of allah swt. if u given just 2 lines, how would u define islam....? what do u think islam is, plz just in 2 lines...
i hope it will be helpful so plz reply.
jazakallah o khair
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musalman
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Islam is:

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الل

tigerkhan
03-12-2011, 11:50 AM
^ jazakallah for reply
actually u r rite but that dont clear much, i am saying in sense that many ppl say sahada but they are living a sinful life, some even dont pray so we cant say it islam what they are doing, evn they are saying kalma/ sahada.

missy
03-12-2011, 12:03 PM
"Islam is that you should testify that there is no deity save Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger, that you should perform salah (ritual prayer), pay the zakah, fast during Ramadan, and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), if you can find a way to it (or find the means for making the journey to it)."

this is a part of the Hadith Jibril, u might be knowin abt it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

^^masha'Allaah

Well, for me Islaam is a way of life, the way of life that has a solution to everything, an answer to everything. Every prophet (may the peace of and blessings of Allaah swt be unto them) mentioned in the Qur'aan and Hadeeth were an example for everything the specific tests they went through like the people of Lutt, Musa, Ibraheem (pbut) went through trials which give us patience to deal with our own lives and make us feel like we arent the only ones going through a hard time but ofcourse the final messenger of Allaah (swt) was sent for everyone also went through times where patience, trust, hope, fear and love is needed, he taught us how to deal with it as he was the perfect example.

sorry i exceeded the 2 line limit :-\ khaair insha'Allaah

peace

Flame of Hope
03-12-2011, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
what do u think islam is, plz just in 2 lines...
2 lines, huh? :)

Ok, here goes.

Line 1: Islam is the way prescribed by God for human beings to achieve salvation from Hell Fire and gain entry to Eternal Bliss in the Gardens of Paradise.

Line 2: Islam is an opportunity to know our true God and in gaining such knowledge, increase in our worship of Him and to think of nothing else but pleasing HIM.

tigerkhan
03-13-2011, 04:15 AM
wow great replies . blv its the most perfect definition i see about islam;

line#1
'islam is a way of life that is chose by ALLAH SWT and prophet PBUH had set a practical example of it in His life"

line # 2
to learn this way of life, there are 5 main things we should learn,

1. eman mean what belive we should keep in our hearts to live this life. so we need to make yaqeen on ALLAH SWT, malaika, Quran, Prophets and Ahra, the day of judgment. eman has 77 branches like shyness, tawakal, simplicity, contentment etc etc....(think how much eman we have !!!!!!!!)

2. ebaadat (we need to learn salat, zakat, haj, fasting and all obligation/ faraiz)

3. Aahlaqiyaat (mean we should learn good habits, and avoid jealousy, control anger etc)

4. Muhashrat (mean what life style we should follow, how we make our houses, how we do marriages, how we dress, how we eat etc etc)

5. Siyasiyaat (mean politics, islamic politics blv in "shura system" and this relate to our collective life)

i had heard a bayan by Molana Umar Palunpuri RA and blv i never heard a person with such a strong speaking power and clear concept of islam. i wana share this but i lost this audio file. that is a bit summary of his bayan and he talked in detail about every thing, allah swt , ahra , prophet pbuh.

anyway this is standard we can see how much islam we have in our life. how strong is our belief, how is our ebaadat, aahlaq,....surely we need to learn more. and remember ALLAH SWT says enter into islam completely, mean we will get complete success when we completely follow islam in every aspect of life. otherwise..... allah swt help us to learn and practice more and more about islam.ameeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!