/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Public Policy Paper HELP!

Faatin
03-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Salaams everyone! I have to write a paper where I persuade the reader to agree with the public policy decision I am advocating. I should choose a controversial question or public policy that elected or appointed officials have to decide. The issue must be both public and significant. My professor gave out a list of topics and there was one topic on there that caught my eye: Religious Symbols/Freedom. The question I should keep in mind while researching my topic is "What should our leaders do about this issue?" I really want to write about this due to the fact that I am a young Muslimah living in the Western world wearing a hijab. I'm having trouble, because we have to make up a controversial question/propose a public policy but I don't know what to propose since people have the freedom to wear hijab in America. I was struggling, then I remembered islamicboard haha =) Look forward to hearing feedback ASAP because I have to propose my topic shortly.

Shukran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faatin
03-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Ohh and other topics include war on terrorism and zero tolerance policy these are alternative topics of the first one isn't good

Faatin
03-12-2011, 11:43 PM
BUMP..hehh sorry I'm freaking out, it's due by midnight tonight and I still got nothing :/

GuestFellow
03-12-2011, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faatin
Salaams everyone! I have to write a paper where I persuade the reader to agree with the public policy decision I am advocating. I should choose a controversial question or public policy that elected or appointed officials have to decide. The issue must be both public and significant. My professor gave out a list of topics and there was one topic on there that caught my eye: Religious Symbols/Freedom. The question I should keep in mind while researching my topic is "What should our leaders do about this issue?" I really want to write about this due to the fact that I am a young Muslimah living in the Western world wearing a hijab. I'm having trouble, because we have to make up a controversial question/propose a public policy but I don't know what to propose since people have the freedom to wear hijab in America. I was struggling, then I remembered islamicboard haha =) Look forward to hearing feedback ASAP because I have to propose my topic shortly.

Shukran
Ohh and other topics include war on terrorism and zero tolerance policy these are alternative topics of the first one isn't good
BUMP..hehh sorry I'm freaking out, it's due by midnight tonight and I still got nothing :/
:sl:

I would have written about restricting the time limit for starting personal injury claims...

Write a public policy paper on AIPAC (America and Israel Public Affairs Committee). Propose an idea that this group should not be allowed to have an impact on US foreign policy because it has done more harm than good. You would have to conduct an extensive research because this is a big topic and very controversial.

This is not about religion but it might be something for you to consider.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
03-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I love writing papers, what time is it there? PM me if you have instant messenger or something I'd be glad to help you!

Faatin
03-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Shukran bro, but I can only choose from the topics he gave us, and also I am very bad at writing political essays :/
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I would have written about restricting the time limit for starting personal injury claims...

Write a public policy paper on AIPAC (America and Israel Public Affairs Committee). Propose an idea that this group should not be allowed to have an impact on US foreign policy because it has done more harm than good. You would have to conduct an extensive research because this is a big topic and very controversial.

This is not about religion but it might be something for you to consider.

Faatin
03-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Hey sis! =) it's like 7 pm here now, and I could use all the help I can get haha. I obviously don't have to type up the whole paper and turn it in tonight it's due in a few weeks, I just have to give a topic proposal and why I choose it etc.
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
I love writing papers, what time is it there? PM me if you have instant messenger or something I'd be glad to help you!

GuestFellow
03-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Shukran bro, but I can only choose from the topics he gave us, and also I am very bad at writing political essays :/
:sl:

How about ground zero mosque controversy?

Faatin
03-13-2011, 12:15 AM

How about ground zero mosque controversy?
These are the suggested topics: censorship, civil rights, gay rights, gun control, hate crimes, homeland defense, hostile countries, international law, oil drilling, religious symbols/freedom, terrorism, war on terror, or treaties

GuestFellow
03-13-2011, 12:49 AM
^ I have ran out of ideas. :p

Faatin
03-13-2011, 01:04 AM
^ I have ran out of ideas
lol.... shukran for the help anyway!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!