/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How would You spread knowledge?

Samiun
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
:sl:, I thought that I may get the idea of what I'm doing so I need to know your opinions. What would be the best way to spread knowledge? Do you 'master it first before you spread it' or 'spread the knowledge first hand so you and the other person could learn together' or just choose 'not to spread any unless someone questions you?'

I personally select 'master it first before you spread it' because I can explain the matter more adequate to another person with full detail, nothing left out Inshallah and da'wah could be sent effectively by this method.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM
The first option of course, it's the safest option. What do you mean by the second? Like, they spread the knowledge that of which they know and learn at the same time? :hmm:

Samiun
03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
The first option of course, it's the safest option. What do you mean by the second? Like, they spread the knowledge that of which they know and learn at the same time? :hmm:
:sl:, what I meant was a person just discovered knowledge about performing solah for example, so he/she may decide to spread some knowledge about performing solah but do not know the full overview of the subject such as the rukn for solah, the hukm for solah, how to do wudhoo and etc.

GuestFellow
03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Salaam,

I would go for the first option. I'm not the type of person to spread knowledge unless someone is interested.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazalah
03-12-2011, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
what I meant was a person just discovered knowledge about performing solah for example, so he/she may decide to spread some knowledge about performing solah but do not know the full overview of the subject such as the rukn for solah, the hukm for solah, how to do wudhoo and etc.
That would be risky, speaking without knowledge is a serious matter, it would be best to stick to the first option methinks.

Salahudeen
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Master it before you spread it because you may spread something that is wrong if you do not know the topic in full.

tigerkhan
03-13-2011, 03:44 AM
by the way of prophet PBUH.

Flame of Hope
03-13-2011, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
spread the knowledge first hand so you and the other person could learn together
Well, I chose the other option. I like the idea of "learning together". :)

If I ever come across something I think is beneficial, I am very eager to tell others about what I found. I don't think it's necessary to master the subject. If one were to wait until one obtained mastery over it, it would be a long wait indeed.

I would share what I know with others and if others know more about it, they can tell me more, so aid in increasing my knowledge. Or if what I have found is incorrect, others could tell me that it's incorrect, and still that would aid in increasing my knowledge.

Learning for me is a never ending process and I believe the more you share what you know with people, the more you get to learn. Of course, there's always the possibility that I will make mistakes. But I don't fear making mistakes. I only fear not learning from them.

Sawdah
03-14-2011, 12:59 AM
:sl:

I go with the first option, because of the same reason of sister Ghazalah. It's better to be completely confident with what you're saying and knowing the proofs correctly than to be in the doubt while spreading knowledge.

:w:

Perseveranze
03-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I do say things that I'm not sure off, but I always mention that (i'm not sure about it).

Muhammad
03-14-2011, 01:45 AM
:sl:

How about teaching people through one's actions? It can be a powerful way of giving da'wah...

Flame of Hope
03-14-2011, 06:56 AM
How would I spread knowledge?

Well, there's a problem with spreading knowledge because knowledge gain depends on the learner. All learning has to be voluntary. And no person would desire to learn if his interest is not stimulated. So if I wanted to spread knowledge, I would take steps to stir people's interest. That's it. People would then acquire knowledge on their own if they are interested enough. I prefer to do that than preach since setting a good example is such a hard thing to do!

Grofica
03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
i answer when asked questions and not before. just like anything people dont usually stay to listen to topics they dont want to know about and i dont want to offend anyone so when people ask i answer but i never push.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!