/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to get Married??

Endymion
03-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to our Wedding Reception :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
03-13-2011, 11:40 AM
and then divorce in about few months?

S_87
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
that night pic looks so good

Aprender
03-13-2011, 02:45 PM
The picture of the cake was delightful. I'd like a slice of it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Neelofar
03-13-2011, 02:51 PM
That's beauuutiful!

جوري
03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
something about the white and pink is very off putting to me.. it is like a wedding for a child..

Dagless
03-13-2011, 03:10 PM
You forgot to invite the guests!

Hannah.
03-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Minus the alcohol, and I'm in! XD

Mr.President
03-13-2011, 03:26 PM
hmmmm pass marriage is too much 4 me can't afford a wife !!!
bt sure ill b thr on this 1

Endymion
03-13-2011, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
and then divorce in about few months?
We dont deal with issues like that,Sir.But im sure you will do a great job in this field.And your office would be something like this :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
The picture of the cake was delightful. I'd like a slice of it.
You can have the whole just check the price list :D

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
something about the white and pink is very off putting to me.. it is like a wedding for a child..
Colors will be according to your wish :statisfie So,when are you going to get married :D
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
You forgot to invite the guests!
Keep coming.....

format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
Minus the alcohol, and I'm in! XD
Menu will be according to your wish :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
hmmmm pass marriage is too much 4 me can't afford a wife !!!
bt sure ill b thr on this 1
Oh nothing to worry about :statisfie I'll try to find a cheap package for you :statisfie

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2011, 03:58 PM
That's very extravagant.

I still remember that someone on this forum said that he'd spend $100 for his wedding...:giggling:

جوري
03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Colors will be according to your wish So,when are you going to get married

once I find a way to amalgamate the brothers I know into one fine man!

Zuzubu
03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes I am gonna get married Insha'Allah, why? =)

It's so annoying that a woman can be so expensive... duhhh!! Why not do like the prophet? Give them guests some dates, wines, bread, water, and cold yoghurt, and take the woman? (after giving her some camels)

Mr.President
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
they rnt expensive bt maintenance is the problem !

SlaveOfGod
03-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm hoping to get married soon Inshallah :)

But wow that looks expensive!

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-13-2011, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Give them guests some dates, wines, bread, water, and cold yoghurt, and take the woman? (after giving her some camels)
is there anything called halal wine?:p

Aprender
03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
Welch's Sparkling grape juice?

http://www.aisleate.com/ProductImages/n1773.jpg

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-13-2011, 05:33 PM
That's beautiful..especially the pictures in the night with the lights. Sigh.

yas2010
03-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Simplicity and modesty is key ..in my humble opinion. :)

Zuzubu
03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I meant the fruit, not the alcohol.

Ghazalah
03-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Way too much for my liking, simplicity is the best.

PouringRain
03-13-2011, 10:05 PM
To answer the thread question..... Nope! I am quite content being man-less for the remainder of my days. :)

S_87
03-13-2011, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Yes I am gonna get married Insha'Allah, why? =)

It's so annoying that a woman can be so expensive... duhhh!! Why not do like the prophet? Give them guests some dates, wines, bread, water, and cold yoghurt, and take the woman? (after giving her some camels)
you speak as if men dont enjoy the whole celebrations/drama/pomp etc when infact you see many do. :hiding:

Alpha Dude
03-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Too fairytale for my liking lol.

CosmicPathos
03-13-2011, 10:59 PM
all that galore makes me not interested in marriage.

Re.TiReD
03-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Sigh........

IAmZamzam
03-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Is there anything called halal wine?
Muscadine. I don't know if they have it everywhere though.

Is that your own wedding, Endymion? If so, congratulations.

Reflections
03-13-2011, 11:49 PM
The simpler the better...I believe so...I think its excess spending and a waste to put so much money for just one day

Ali_008
03-14-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm getting married in Shaa'baan (i.e. July) inshAllah. :D

I've heard Saudi Arabia has a lot of fancy non-alcoholic drinks.;D

Beardo
03-14-2011, 04:20 AM
A wedding can be elegant with simplicity. Like marrying in a beautiful garden. I wouldn't mind that at all!

CosmicPathos
03-14-2011, 04:42 AM
are non-mehram males from audience allowed to look at ones wife-to-be who is all dressed up for the occasion?

Ramadhan
03-14-2011, 04:43 AM
I'm getting married in Shaa'baan (i.e. July) inshAllah
Congratulations!
May Allah bless your marriage with so much barokah and may your family be sakinah mawardah warrohmah.

Beardo
03-14-2011, 04:47 AM
I don't know why some of you guys are hating on the pictures. The pictures are really beautiful and if you can afford that kind of wedding, do as you please. Sure, there might be better things to spend on. But maybe that wedding didn't cost much? You can have a grand-looking wedding for cheap, if you improvise. :)

As for me, I'd rather have something elegantly simple. Simple is elegance, as they say.

CosmicPathos
03-14-2011, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I don't know why some of you guys are hating on the pictures. The pictures are really beautiful and if you can afford that kind of wedding, do as you please. Sure, there might be better things to spend on. But maybe that wedding didn't cost much? You can have a grand-looking wedding for cheap, if you improvise. :)

As for me, I'd rather have something elegantly simple. Simple is elegance, as they say.
ugh, define beautiful? Seems everything cluttered together on the tables, glasses and liquids :S

and for what reason in this universe would one put cloth strips in the trees :S

Beardo
03-14-2011, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
ugh, define beautiful? Seems everything cluttered together on the tables, glasses and liquids :S

and for what reason in this universe would one put cloth strips in the trees :S
lol :) I'm not suggesting you have a wedding like that, but I don't see anything wrong with it either. Perhaps it's not a preference of you and I, but if it suits a newly wed's taste and they can afford it without difficulty, why not? Let them enjoy as they please in the Halaal. :) As long as there's no dancing or anything, lol!

The cloth strips add a beautiful decoration, actually. Perhaps they will be re-used for the entire community's weddings! It'll add elegance and joy to the auspicious occasion. We are not to judge.

tigerkhan
03-14-2011, 05:36 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it either.
i remember of marriages in times of Prophet PBUH. oh how prophet PBUH marry her most beloved daughter Fatma RA. Ali RA was not much attractive and wealthy and there are many other suhaba RA who wants to send their proposal for Fatma Ra. but prophet PBUH prefer Ali bcz of knowledge and bravery. Surely these ppl had janah, jahanum , death and qabar in front of their eyes....so they dont find any taste and attachment in these worldly things...and we, we need to learn islam...we are very far away from islam.

Endymion
03-14-2011, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Way too much for my liking, simplicity is the best.
But that Car is saying something else :D :p

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
To answer the thread question..... Nope! I am quite content being man-less for the remainder of my days. :)
people think at the end of the day a man is the only answer.Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me. -Princess Diana-
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman

Is that your own wedding, Endymion? If so, congratulations.
Nope,my wedding will be in a Masjid with few guests and i'll spend all the budget of my wedding in performing Umrah or Hajj,inshallah :statisfie
But these are Just my plans,lets see what Allah swt decide for me :hmm:

P.s.
Hey,i thought you are in Bahamas ^o)

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
Inshallah,congratulations :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Congratulations!
May Allah bless your marriage with so much barokah and may your family be sakinah mawardah warrohmah.
Bless your Marriage with Barakah and your family by.......:hmm: by...........:embarrass ......By What?? :><:

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-14-2011, 03:21 PM

I've heard Saudi Arabia has a lot of fancy non-alcoholic drinks.;D
Hello! :sl:

How are you? After a loooong time, huh? remember me? :p

And congratulations for you upcoming wedding...:)

*sighs* when am i going to get married! :p

Ali Mujahidin
03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Here in Thailand, I am part of a Muslim community that conducts weddings this way:

1. The akad nikah is performed during our weekly meetings which is usually attended by just a few thousand members, all males. Two weeks ago, I attend a few akad nikahs performed during one of our national conventions attended by about 30K members, including a few foreign delegations.

2. The mahar can be as simple as just a Quran.

3. The walimah is usually just a few boxes of dried dates shared among those present. So each of us gets a couple of dates to munch on.

4. The bride is never present. Only her wali is present.

Hopefully we are on the right track. Insha Allah.

Huzzy_786
03-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Spending so much money on a wedding when you can just do one with half its price, is a waste of money! Instead you should give to the people dieing out there. Doesnt matter if theres muslim or non muslim ! They need help, imagine if you were in that situation.

Beardo
03-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm getting married in Shaa'baan (i.e. July) inshAllah.
:O If I'm not mistaken, you're also quite young! Masha-Allah! Prince Ali is getting married! :O Who's the lucky Jasmine?

Ramadhan
03-14-2011, 04:01 PM
less your Marriage with Barakah and your family by....... by........... ......By What??
Sorry, I forgot that only in Indonesia we use the terms sakinah, mawaddah, warrohmah to congratulate newlyweds, although the source language is arabic.
sakinah = tranquility, mawaddah = love, arrohmah = affection

Mr.President
03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
With a marriage comes great responsibility
responsibility == Extra money
money == More work

basically marriage sux big tym

IAmZamzam
03-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Nope,my wedding will be in a Masjid with few guests and i'll spend all the budget of my wedding in performing Umrah or Hajj,inshallah :statisfied: But these are Just my plans,lets see what Allah swt decide for me :hmm:
All the same, congratulations.

P.s.
Hey,i thought you are in Bahamas ^o)
Not until the 28th. But I probably shouldn't be posting here until then. My fingers aren't healing that fast.

Ali_008
03-14-2011, 06:10 PM
:wasalamex

Congratulations!

Inshallah,congratulations :statisfie
JazakAllah Khair for the kind words brothers. May Allah bless you all with the same and even more.

Hello! :sl:

How are you? After a loooong time, huh? remember me? :p

And congratulations for you upcoming wedding...:)

*sighs* when am i going to get married! :p
Of course I remember, you are the first one to be invited from IslamicBoard for my wedding as you live the closest. :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

:O If I'm not mistaken, you're also quite young! Masha-Allah! Prince Ali is getting married! :O Who's the lucky Jasmine?
Yes, I am 21. :statisfie Alhamdulillah my parents decided to protect me from all the dangerous fitna by getting me married quick. :D I know my Jasmine, she's a beautiful and alhamdulillah pious Muslimah. :coolious::wub:

Btw, why have you disappeared from facebook?

Sorry, I forgot that only in Indonesia we use the terms sakinah, mawaddah, warrohmah to congratulate newlyweds, although the source language is arabic.
sakinah = tranquility, mawaddah = love, arrohmah = affection
I had understood the meaning anyway brother. :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes, I am 21.
What? You are younger than me...lol
my parents decided to protect me from all the dangerous fitna
If only every parent knew to what kind of fitna their children are subjected to these days...:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!