/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the deeds of the People of Jannah?

Flame of Hope
03-13-2011, 02:28 PM
What are the deeds of the People of Jannah? Sigh. These are the deeds we wanna be doing and not neglect. You get to list 3 deeds at a time. And the more specific you can be, the better. :statisfie

I get the privilege of going first. ;D

1. Having a big heart and forgiving others.
2. Showing kindness to parents and never saying so much as "Uff!" to them.
3. Removing an obstacle from the path so that it doesn't harm wayfarers.

Abu Hurairra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man passed by a fallen branch in the middle of the road and said, 'By Allah, I will remove this from the path of the Muslims so that it does not inconvenience them' and he was admitted into the Garden." (Muslim)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
R Khan
03-13-2011, 02:45 PM
1) Participating in Jihad Fisabilillah
2) Loving another for the sake of Allah
3) Over looking the faults of another, and not reveal their faults to others.

Ramadhan
03-13-2011, 03:06 PM
1. Keep our private parts chaste/lawful (from hadith) - avoid zina - lowering gaze (qur'an)
2. Hold our tongue
3. Go out of our way to help animals which are injured, sick or thirsty/hungry

Hannah.
03-13-2011, 03:12 PM
1. Spreading dawah
2. Always telling the truth
3. Having utmost patience

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
03-13-2011, 03:21 PM
1. Learning the Qur'an and teaching it to others.
2. Not bearing any grudges towards anyone.
3. Restraining oneself or being quiet when angry.

Ramadhan
03-13-2011, 03:38 PM
1. keep wudoo (ablution) at all times.
2. gives shodaqoh (alms), either secretly or not
3. keep all obligatory fastings, as well as has the habit of fasting nawafil (voluntary) fasts, like the prophet Daud's fast (every other day) or monday-thursday fasts.

Ghazalah
03-13-2011, 07:31 PM
1. Tahajud.
2. Being dutiful to your husband/wife
3. Stop arguing with someone for the sake of Allah even if you are in the right.

Flame of Hope
03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Shedding Tears..... (specifically.....)

1. Tears shed out of fear of Allah.
2. Tears shed out of gratitude to Allah.
3. Tears shed out of remorse for one's sins.

Ghazalah
03-13-2011, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Shedding Tears..... (specifically.....)

1. Tears shed out of fear of Allah.
2. Tears shed out of gratitude to Allah.
3. Tears shed out of remorse for one's sins.
Reminds me of a hadith along the lines of, 'the eye who does not weep for the sake of Allah will not enter Jannah'
SubhanAllah.

Flame of Hope
03-13-2011, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Reminds me of a hadith along the lines of, 'the eye who does not weep for the sake of Allah will not enter Jannah'
SubhanAllah.
Which hadith, sister? I think it isn't easy to weep for sake of Allah. I'm sure there must be many Muslims who have never wept but who can still hope to enter Jannah.

This issue makes me wonder what are the things that can cause us to weep for the sake of Allah. Anyone knows?

Ghazalah
03-13-2011, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Which hadith, sister? I think it isn't easy to weep for sake of Allah.
I'll have a look for it inshAllah, but I remember hearing it from Shaykh Riad Ourazazi in a course I went to. What I mean for the sake of Allah I mean anything, weeping when trying to understand His mercy, weeping when hearing His words being recited, weeping when asking for forgiveness, weeping understand the beauty that Allah has blessed us with which is Islam etc.

Flame of Hope
03-13-2011, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
3. Stop arguing with someone for the sake of Allah even if you are in the right.
Subhanallah! Jazakallah khair for the reminder, sister. It's so easy to keep arguing. :'(

Woodrow
03-13-2011, 08:38 PM
:sl:

I had a hard time time thinking of what deeds would be applicable to the people of Jannah. All people will be Muslim with eternal life and free from death, pain and suffering. Everybody will have all they desire, there will be no disease or hunger or poverty.

So that means all of my deeds will be directed to Allaah(swt) alone. For me the most important would be:

1. Show eternal gratitude
2. Live in a state of constant worship
3. Seek ways to learn more about all Allaah(swt) has created

Flame of Hope
03-14-2011, 01:50 AM
1. Meeting your brother with a smiling face.
2. Spreading salam.
3. Showing hospitality to guests.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!