/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Muslim Bill in Tennessee

MustafaMc
03-13-2011, 10:06 PM
A masjid in Tennessee sent me the message below. The bill can be seen here:http://library.constantcontact.com/d...ill.2.2011.pdf

The recent anti-Muslim bill (1028) proposal in the Judiciary Committee of the State of Tennessee need your attention and your response. Contact your local senators who are serving in the judicial committee. Please express your utmost objection to this discriminatory bill that may stop Muslims from practicing their peaceful deen.

You can visit the site www.stoptnsb1028.com, where you will find all the info about the bill. In the quick links in this letter, you can find the sample letters for our local senetors. It is preferable to physically mail letters to the state senators or drop off signed letter with your current address at Masjid As Salam.

Please convey this information to other Muslims as well as non-Muslim friends and ask them to respond against the bill.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-13-2011, 10:24 PM
The bill is really dumb, do people buy into this crap? Even if people wanted to instate Sharia'a law I don't see why we'd impose it on kaffirs?
How great is the paranoia of these people who have their tentacles all over the middle east to make sure there is no khalifate to believe that folks would want to instate it here when they can hardly implement it in the regions where it is most needed? Also do they actually know what sharia'a is at all? They must have alot of time and money on their hands, and no more alien space programs to waste it on from the tax payers money.. & May God increase their, fears, misery and paranoia!

ameen ameen ameen

LavaDog
03-13-2011, 11:13 PM
So this is to protect citizens against terrorist activity lol. That entire state is infested with neo nazis who openly sell loads of meth and talk about the coming race war, but i guess its more important to harass the muslims.

Al-Mufarridun
03-13-2011, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LavaDog
So this is to protect citizens against terrorist activity lol. That entire state is infested with neo nazis who openly sell loads of meth and talk about the coming race war, but i guess its more important to harass the muslims.
lol so true. i'm not sure, but i believe it was in tennessee that some skin heads were arrested on planning to assassinate obama in 08.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sigma
03-13-2011, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
The bill is really dumb, do people buy into this crap? Even if people wanted to instate Sharia'a law I don't see why we'd impose it on kaffirs?
How great is the paranoia of these people who have their tentacles all over the middle east to make sure there is no khalifate to believe that folks would want to instate it here when they can hardly implement it in the regions where it is most needed? Also do they actually know what sharia'a is at all? They must have alot of time and money on their hands, and no more alien space programs to waste it on from the tax payers money.. & May God increase their, fears, misery and paranoia!

ameen ameen ameen
They fear offensive Jihad. Which is the attack of non-muslim countries by a Caliphate solely to impose Sharia on the earth. It's not a realistic fear, but some groups to believe that offensive jihad is a part of Islam.

جوري
03-13-2011, 11:46 PM
I tell you I swear to God if they go through with this crap I'll apply for a rifle license and blow the head off of any neo-con that comes within an inch of me and I'd advise any U.S Muslim to do the same as well!

:w:

LavaDog
03-14-2011, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I tell you I swear to God if they go through with this crap I'll apply for a rifle license and blow the head off of any neo-con that comes within an inch of me and I'd advise any U.S Muslim to do the same as well!

I found this comment on a story about the bill

Islam can never be compatible with the American way of life.We will have to fight them one day in this country,so arm yourself and be ready for that day.I have,I am.

جوري
03-14-2011, 12:16 AM
I found this comment on a story about the bill

Islam can never be compatible with the American way of life.We will have to fight them one day in this country,so arm yourself and be ready for that day.I have,I am.
if that is what it comes down to, then let's see how the army of the devil fares against the army of God!

:w:

Ramadhan
03-14-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm at a loss for words seeing how dumb people can be.

GuestFellow
03-14-2011, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I'm at a loss for
words seeing how dumb people can be.
:sl:

I know. It is hilarious and disturbing at the same time.

Vito
03-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Supporting this bill would be an act of terrorism...

Aprender
03-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Such unconstitutional way of thinking. It wouldn't make it past the Supreme Court. Freedom of religion. If they don't like it they can go live in some other nation where everyone is the same. Sharia law couldn't make it into the United States anyway because of what is stated in the constitution. They've wasted so much paper and time trying to get this to fly...This the result of the American education system for ya...lack of common sense and humanity.

MustafaMc
03-14-2011, 01:30 AM
I started this thread so people will know that the anti-Islam sentiment in USA is growing. In September before going on hajj last year, I drove 6 hours to listen to a seminar, "Revealing the Truth about Islam" that was presented at the small Baptist church in rural Mississippi that I had attended as a youth. The presenter spent a lot of the first hour demonizing Islam and Prophet Muhammad (saaws) for his marriage to Aisha. Then the second hour was spent mostly on fear-mongering that if Islam spreads there will be no more Christianity in USA because Muslims are commanded to kill the infidel which means the Christians.

Who does not remember the final result of anti-Jewish sentiment and legislation in Nazi Germany that began in 1933? This is clearly an anti-Muslim bill as there is no threat of sharia law being implemented in USA. Is it really unthinkable that what happened in Germany to the Jew could also happen here to the Muslim? I want each of you to read the following from the bill http://library.constantcontact.com/d...ill.2.2011.pdf with a single modification - substitute the word "Islam" anytime you read "sharia" or "jihad". My interpretive inserts are in (red). Pay particular attention to what I have put in bold including the last statement. Make no bones about it dear brothers and sisters in Islam the process of demonizing Islam in USA has begun. You don't have to use very much imagination to know what follows.

SENATE BILL 1028
By Ketron

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 38; Title 39; Title 40; Title 45; Title 55 and Title 58,relative to terrorism. BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE: SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 39, Chapter 13, is amended by adding the following language as a new, appropriately designated part:

39-13-901.
This part shall be known and may be cited as the“Material Support to Designated Entities Act of 2011.”

39-13-902.
The general assembly finds as follows:

(1) The threat from terrorism continues to plague the United States generally and Tennessee in particular. The threat from terrorism has been documented to exist both outside our national borders and within the homeland;

(2) The threat from terrorism within the homeland, including from within this state, otherwise known as “homegrown terrorism,” is primarily the result of a legal-political-military doctrine and system (Islam) adhered to, or minimally advocated by, tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of its followers around the world. This legal-political-military doctrine and system is known as sharia (Islam) to its adherents, authoritative leaders and scholars;

(3) Sharia, as defined and understood by traditional and authoritative sharia scholars and leaders, is a legal-political-military doctrinal system combined with certain religious beliefs (Islam); further, sharia is based historically and traditionally on a full corpus of law and jurisprudence termed fiqh and usul al-fiqh (Islam), respectively, dealing with all aspects of a sharia-adherent’s (Muslim's) personal and social life and political society. Sharia serves as national and local law in several foreign jurisdictions;

(4) Sharia as a political doctrine requires all its adherents to actively support the establishment of a political society based upon sharia as foundational or supreme law and the replacement of any political entity not governed by sharia with a sharia political order;

(5) Sharia requires all its adherents to actively and passively support the replacement of America’s constitutional republic, including the representative government of this state with a political system based upon sharia;

(6) Sharia in particular includes a war doctrine known as jihad, which is an organic, intrinsic and central feature of the laws and traditions of sharia (Islam) due to a consensus among sharia authorities throughout the ages;

(7) Jihad and sharia are inextricably linked, with sharia formulating and commanding jihad, and jihad being waged for the purpose of imposing and instituting sharia (hence also Islam);

(8) The unchanging and ultimate aim of jihad is the imposition of sharia on all states and nations, including the United States and this state; further, pursuant to its own dictates, sharia requires the abrogation, destruction, or violation of the United States and Tennessee Constitutions and the imposition of sharia through violence and criminal activity;

(9) The jihad groups identified by the federal government as designated terrorist organizations pursuant to § 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, all profess publicly their adherence to sharia (Islam) and its laws of jihad as the legal political-military justification for their acts of terrorism;

(10) The imposition of sharia on non-sharia adherent states is to be brought about both by criminal and violent means, including acts of terrorism as defined in part 8 of this chapter, and by lawful and non-violent means, including immigration-fed population growth and the resulting increase of sharia-centric political influence and power;

(11) The knowing adherence to sharia and to foreign sharia authorities constitutes a conspiracy to further the legal, political, and military doctrine and system which embraces the law of jihad;

(12) Furthering the legal, political, and military doctrines and law of jihad poses an imminent likelihood of violent jihad and acts of terrorism; and

(13) The knowing adherence to sharia (Islam) and to foreign sharia authorities is prima facie evidence of an act in support of the overthrow of the United States government and the government of this state through the abrogation, destruction, or violation of the United States and Tennessee Constitutions by the likely use of imminent criminal violence and terrorism with the aim of imposing sharia on the people of this state.

Aprender
03-14-2011, 01:38 AM
They're treading on dangerous ground now with this bill. This is what the anti-Muslim rhetoric lead to. What are they going to do now? Throw all of the Muslim Americans in jail or concentration camps like they did the Native Americans and Japanese Americans? The states really do have a lot of nerve thinking their pathetic state laws trump federal law. This bill is SO unnecessary. The only justification behind it is hate and ignorance.

MartyrX
03-14-2011, 01:50 AM
This is incredibly dangerous, but we also must be extremely careful with our words in a public forum. We shouldn't be talking about violence as they WILL use it against us. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry, and I'm worried. But I don't think we should combat this with our emotions. We need to use our heads in this and show them that our religion is one of peace.

proudislam
03-14-2011, 02:00 AM
How does this not raise alarms in the muslim community in USA? We need more unity. Its such a coincidence I was talking about Congressman Peter King yesterday, and I started a blog. Will spread the word out to my friends in Tennessee.

Please check out my blog, and spread awareness about the need to educate Americans about Islam, and Muslim brothers/sisters.

blog.proudislam.com

Aprender
03-14-2011, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
This is incredibly dangerous, but we also must be extremely careful with our words in a public forum. We shouldn't be talking about violence as they WILL use it against us. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry, and I'm worried. But I don't think we should combat this with our emotions. We need to use our heads in this and show them that our religion is one of peace.
I agree with you on that point.

Beardo
03-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Could someone please clarify what the bill is suggesting? Like, they want all Muslims out of Tennessee or what?

IAmZamzam
03-14-2011, 02:02 AM
If the bill is passed, God willing I will seriously consider leaving the country, even though I don't live in Tennessee.

Aprender
03-14-2011, 02:06 AM
ACLU would file a suit against it if it passed the legislature in Tennessee and the Supreme Court would undoubtedly deem it unconstitutional and thus invalid. I feel like there are more important things to fix in America than wasting taxpayer money on bills like this one. We need to reform our education system for one thing. Figure out a few things with the economy..etc.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-14-2011, 02:13 AM
you know the most disturbing thing about people like this is? its their sheer hate for Islam.

I remember weeks ago when the protests in Egypt were happening, the media would interview prominent Muslim people asking whether or not the people/political party that would replace Mubarak as president would implement the sharia...They would construct their questions in such a way where it implied and put the sharia in a negative light and therefore make people have a bad opinion about it.
Nothing about those types of questions/interviews stood out to me and disturbed me more, other than how much they reflected there hate the shariah and there hate for the deen of Allah. if you really think about it, its actually disturbing above anything. I mean Egypt being Muslim populated, even in a country like that, they didn't want sharia law? In a country and place that had nothing to do with them or affected them in any way, even then they would propagate their hate? really? really?

and the most hilarious thing of all, even if the shariah was implemented, so what? looking at how democracy is imposed on people (iraq, Afghanistan)...well isnt that more our less the same thing they accuse the Sharia of? isn't it a tad hypocritical and well if they should be worried, why aren't they worried about democracy?

no-one really knows how to think rationally and logically :hmm:...unfortunately alot of this stuff is spread based on emotive, irrational and illogical opinion... and before you know it, people have spread their bs based on...well emotive, irrational and illogical crap really.

titus
03-14-2011, 06:03 AM
I doubt this law will pass. If it does, and I was a Muslim, I would move out of Tennessee ASAP.

Even if it passes it will be shot down by any court that hears it as unconstitutional, but to even have to make it to the court system would be a failure on the part of the people of Tennessee.

Ali Mujahidin
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Time will tell whether this is just a publicity stunt by an attention ***** like the guy who wanted to burn the Quran. In the meantime, let's all keep our emotions under control (dzikr is useful in situations like this) and not do exactly what the enemies of Islam want to provoke us to do, ie react violently, so that they can respond with even greater violence.

To those brothers and sisters considering migrating to a country more conducive to practicing Islam, I heartily recommend Thailand. Insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!