View Full Version : [HELP!] Ibn Batutta??
03-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Would someone mind helping me?
1. What is the purpose of Ibn Battuta’s travel? How long does the journey take? What are the countries he visits?
2. What are Ibn Battuta’s occupations along the way? How does he make a living? Where does he stay (and who with)?
3. How does he describe people in Black Africa? Their cultures/traditions/ beliefs? Is he biased/conservative or open-minded? Give examples.
4. What kind of style is the travelogue written in? What are the things that seem surprising to him?
5. What is the cultural/religious environment that surrounds Ibn Battuta’s journey? Is it important to understand his views?
Login/Register to hide ads.
Scroll down for more posts
03-14-2011, 09:48 AM
are you asking to help you with your high school assignment? :p lol, wow, interesting ppl visiting these forumsReply
03-14-2011, 09:52 AM
heheh :) I love this guy, read his book it's nice. =)Reply
Actually some people say its lies, some say its true. He traveled all muslim corners of the world, indonesia, china, spain, africa, all tha stuff.
Go to youtube, and search Ibn E Battuta.
Do you want some links?
Try wikipedia, they wrote pages about him. Also bollywood made a nice song about him.
03-14-2011, 09:56 AM
some funny series about him on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44KrS...9EBCDF8FF9BEA4
He was a respected schoolar. He travelled longer than Marco Polo.
This says a lot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Battuta
Yes he described the people, try wikipedia. I read some interesting facts about him. The subject is so long, that I can't help to type it all. But try the links. =P
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.
When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.