/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know?

Flame of Hope
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Do you know something that we don't? :) Here's an opportunity for you to share your knowledge. One question at a time.

I go first.

Do you know how many children Prophet Muhammad (saws) had and what their names were?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
03-15-2011, 04:53 AM
LOL. I don't think I'm sure of the answer myself. But I'm going to try and answer it.

I believe he (saws) had 5 children. Qasim, Fatima, Umm Kulthum, Ruqayya and Ibrahim (?) :?

Correct me, guys if I'm wrong!

Next question. Let's see.....

Do you know the name of the first lucky lady the Prophet (saws) got married to after the death of Khadijah (ra)?

Amat Allah
03-15-2011, 05:50 AM
The prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had 3 sons (May Allah be pleased with them):

-Al Qaasim
-Abdullah
-Ib`raaheem

and had 4 daughters(may Allah be pleased with them):

-Zaynab
-Ruqayyah
- Ummu kul`thoom
- Fatimah

they are all from His wife Khadeejah(may Allah be pleased with her) except Ib`raaheem ; he is from Maariyah Al Qibteeyah(may Allah be pleased with her).

and The Messenger of Allah married Sawdaa Bintu Zum`aah after Khadeejah Bintu Khowailed died (May Allah be pleased with them)

Flame of Hope
03-15-2011, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
The prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had 3 sons (May Allah be pleased with them):

-Al Qaasim
-Abdullah
-Ib`raaheem

and had 4 daughters(may Allah be pleased with them):

-Zaynab
-Ruqayyah
- Ummu kul`thoom
- Fatimah

they are all from His wife Khadeejah(may Allah be pleased with her) except Ib`raaheem ; he is from Maariyah Al Qibteeyah(may Allah be pleased with her).

and The Messenger of Allah married Sawdaa Bintu Zum`aah after Khadeejah Bintu Khowailed died (May Allah be pleased with them)
Jazakallah khair for the correct answers and adding to my knowledge, sister! I didn't know he (saws) had a son named Abdullah.

Next question. (Feel free to post any "Do you know" question.....I don't wanna be the only one asking...:embarrass )

Do you know the occasion for the Prophet's (saws) marriage to Aisha bint Abu Bakr?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
03-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I must confess I do not really know much about A'isha's marriage to the Prophet (saws), except that she was betrothed to somebody who was a disbeliever....and then he said he didn't want to marry her. So the Messenger of Allah (saws) was able to make the proposal. Is this correct? :?

Hannah.
03-16-2011, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
I must confess I do not really know much about A'isha's marriage to the Prophet (saws), except that she was betrothed to somebody who was a disbeliever....and then he said he didn't want to marry her. So the Messenger of Allah (saws) was able to make the proposal. Is this correct? :?
Sister I think you've got the wrong wife.. Sayyadah Zainab was the one who was divorced and so the Prophet (pbuh) married her.
And as for the marriage of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Aisha:

Narrated by 'Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry."
Sahih Bukhari 7.18

Flame of Hope
03-16-2011, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
Narrated by 'Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry."
Sahih Bukhari 7.18
Jazakallah khair for the hadith, sister. Just wondering. The Prophet (saws) must have been commanded by Allah to ask for A'ishah's hand in marriage, right? Just like when he married Zainab (ra) after she was divorced, according to Allah's command?

S.Belle
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
there is a hadith that the prophet pbuh had a dream of aisha wrapped in a blanket and he was told that she was to be his wife

Flame of Hope
03-16-2011, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
there is a hadith that the prophet pbuh had a dream of aisha wrapped in a blanket and he was told that she was to be his wife
Jazakallah khair, sister. Where can I find this hadith? I'd like to know more about this. Truly, how great is Allah's wisdom! It's because of A'ishah (ra) that we have so much knowledge.

I have another question.

Do you know the meaning of this hadith?

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah ra that he heard Rasulullah saw as saying : "Act kindly towards woman, for they were created from a rib and the most crooked part of a rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it you will break it, and if you leave it alone it will remain crooked; so act kindly toward women ". (Bukhari and Muslim)

I've tried to understand it, what is meant by bent rib and its implications, but can't fathom anything. ^o)

Reflections
03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
It gives a more of a status to women, as you might now, in the day of Jahillyah (Ignorance), women were classed as the worst, animals had better treatment than women did, ONLY after Islam came, Islam gave status to women in society..
When Adam (as) was created, he was alone, he had the gardens of Jannah to roam around but he still felt like he was missing something, so Allah decided to create a partner for him, so Allah took part of Adam as 's rib and from there was Hawa (as) created. The rib has been created in a certain way, if you impose (on women) then they will break...and if you leave them (without teaching etc) they will remain crooked..so basically be an inbetweener..Treat them with kindness..Wallahu Aa'alam..All mistakes are from me, if I am wrong then someone please correct me.

Perseveranze
03-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Jazakallah khair, sister. Where can I find this hadith? I'd like to know more about this. Truly, how great is Allah's wisdom! It's because of A'ishah (ra) that we have so much knowledge.

I have another question.

Do you know the meaning of this hadith?

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Hurairah ra that he heard Rasulullah saw as saying : "Act kindly towards woman, for they were created from a rib and the most crooked part of a rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it you will break it, and if you leave it alone it will remain crooked; so act kindly toward women ". (Bukhari and Muslim)

I've tried to understand it, what is meant by bent rib and its implications, but can't fathom anything. ^o)
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'm not sure, but from the sounds of it I think it's saying to not to be controlling over your woman. Basically, don't try to turn them into something you want. At the time of the Prophet(pbuh), I'd imagine the men generally were very controlling and forceful in the relationship. Love your woman for what she is.

I may be wrong, someone with real knowledge can inshallah answer.

S.Belle
03-16-2011, 10:44 PM

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' " (Sahih Bukhari 9.140)

Sawdah
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
:sl:

Do you know where I could get information on Maryam bint 'Imran ('alayha salaam)?

Flame of Hope
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm hoping someone knowledgeable will take notice of my question and answer it. Here's the hadith again:

Do you know what a crooked rib and one that is most crooked which is at the top has to do with the Prophet's (saws) command to act kindly towards women? ^o)

Flame of Hope
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekerofJannah
Do you know where I could get information on Maryam bint 'Imran ('alayha salaam)?
I hope someone will answer this question for you soon, sis.

yas2010
03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Salaam

On the day of Qiyyamah will we be identified through our mothers? Or is this a myth? any clarification would be useful....

JK

Sawdah
03-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Edit................

sherz_umr
03-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Has anybody heard of this? I dont know the source..

A woman came from a man's ribs,
not from his feet to be walked on,
not from his head to be superior over,
but from his side to be his equal,
under the arm to be protected
and next to the heart to be loved.

Al-Mufarridun
03-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
Salaam

On the day of Qiyyamah will we be identified through our mothers? Or is this a myth? any clarification would be useful....

JK
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=19392

Question

Will people on the Day of Resurrection be called by the names of their fathers or their mothers?

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

, is His slave and Messenger.

On the Day of Resurrection people will be called by the names of their fathers, not their mothers.
This is supported by explicit authentic Hadeeths and by the views of prominent scholars such as Al-Bukhaari

. In a Hadeeth on the authority of Ibn ‘Umar

the Messenger of Allaah

, said that the betrayer on the Day of Resurrection will have a banner reading 'This is the betrayal of so-and-so the son of so-and-so.'
[Al-Bukhaari]

In another Hadeeth on the authority of Abu Ad-Dardaa’

the Messenger of Allaah

, said that people on the Day of Resurrection will be called by their names and the names of their fathers.
[Abu Daawood]

Narrations saying that people will be called by the names of their mothers on the Day of Resurrection are Dha‘eef, according to the consensus of the scholars of Hadeeth, as was reported by Ibn Al-Qayyim

. Some people allege that people will be called by the names of their mothers because a person's son hood to his father may not be firmly established, e.g. an illegitimate child. Ibn Al-Qayyim

refuted this allegation, saying that if a person's paternity is not acknowledged, then he will be called by the name people used to call him with in the worldly life.
Allaah Knows best.

S.Belle
03-18-2011, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
Has anybody heard of this? I dont know the source
Hebrew Talmud

"Be very careful if you make a woman cry...
because God counts her tears...

The woman came out of a man's rib
Not from his feet to be walked on...
Not from his head to be superior...
but from the side to be equal..
Under the arm to be protected...
and next to the heart to be loved."

Hebrew Talmud <--------------

Flame of Hope
03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Jazakallah khair sis. I didn't know this saying but it sounds lovely, especially the part about being under the arm to be protected. :)

Flame of Hope
03-18-2011, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
"Be very careful if you make a woman cry...
because God counts her tears...
Subhanallah! So this is from a Hebrew Talmud. Mashallah, I'm getting to learn a lotta things. Alhamdulillah!!

Jazakallah khair sister for giving us the exact source.

Amat Allah
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
don't try to turn them into something you want.

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Love your woman for what she is.

correct...The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was talking about the nature of woman and men must not try to change her nature but to understand her nature telling men to take care of their wives teaching them the importance of kind treatment to wives because women are not only weaker than men but also so emotional and often judging things according their emotions so, our beloved and loevly prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was telling men to have more patience with their wives and should be more forgiving in their dealing with women and Sub`haan Allah the secret of the pleasant family life lies in this advice of the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with its emphasis on kind treatment and being understanding with wives and Allah knows the best...

and we women have always to remember that one hand won`t be able to clap but in need of the another`s help...so, we must too be understanding and patient with our husbands in shaa Allah...

Flame of Hope
03-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Jazakallah khair brothers and sisters for shedding light upon this "crooked rib" issue. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!