/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When is it permissible to disobey parents?

frogga
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi,

I'm having some family trouble, with my mother specifically. A few days ago she banned me from using the computer, and she is literally expecting me to study throughout my waking ours for the next 8 weeks until my exams. Now I know my exams are important, but the school has recommended that 2.5 hours study per day is fine, and the school do say that we deserve time to relax and play afterwards. I have worked for over 3 hours a day for the past 3 days, and my mum is refusing to give me some slack. I perform well at school and am in the top 5 in my year group.

I have tried being reasonable, but she won't even give me a reason as to why I'm banned and she is just ignoring me whenever I ask her, no matter how many times I do.

Would it be permissible under these circumstances to disobey her? I know it is said that it's only permissible to disobey parents when they come between you and Islam, but is there any reference to the credibility of unjust parents?

I know I just sound like a sore kid, but this is a serious problem. I'm not exaggerating or missing out any details at all.

Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
03-15-2011, 03:40 AM
well i know its difficult situation but to me seems "discussion" can be a solution. u argue/ discuss that matter with u mom in polite and gentle way and let see if there some solution or not. mostly our EGO is main problems in such matters. otherwise we see many complex business or social problems in world will be solved by talk/discussion/negotiation.

Human_Being
03-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Too much study is as bad as too little bruv get teachers to try talk with your mum cuz you can overdo it. 3 hours ain't bad u could even do 4 or 5 but you need to space it out a bit like and take breaks and relax in between sounds like ur mum doesn't understand how study works rest and breaks are important and bein overworked makes it harder to learn you learn best when you're relaxed

Yeah you need someone who knows about this stuff to speak with ur mum get a teacher to visit if she won't listen to u but u can't disobey her like

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!