/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have to listen to music unwillingly !! Wat shud i do???

Umm AbdurRahman
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Assalamualaikum wR wB

WHile going to the university, i have to travel in the university bus which plays music in high volume. In spite of telling them to put it off, they still play it. :(

i cant stop using the bus, coz no alternative transport available and i dont drive.

Please advice as to what i'm supposed to do?

JazakAllahu Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
:sl:

We live in the Dunya. Life is not what we want, it is what we face. Fitnah abounds and is ever present, sometimes more obvious then at other times. We avoid what we can, and learn to ignore what we can not avoid.

When we know we are going to be placed in a haram environment and have no way to avoid it make dua to have the sabr to ignore it. Bring some halal distraction material to help you avoid it. Perhaps a good halal book to read, sitting close to a pious friend you can engage in beneficial conversation with, a CD player with earphones and listen to Halal material such as Nasheeds,

Ali Mujahidin
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM
As salaam mualaikum, sister Umm AbdurRahman,

Last year, a non-Muslim friend came to visit me. We went out for dinner together. One thing led to another and we ended up deep inside one of the red-light districts. Loud thumping disco music was pumping out of super large loudspeakers all over the place. All shapes and sizes of girls in very little clothes were bumping and grinding around us. I kept my sanity by doing dhikr. Maybe you can try the same. Insha Allah.

MartyrX
03-15-2011, 03:39 PM
You can ignore it and do as the brothers have already said.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
03-15-2011, 03:57 PM
allahuma ina najhaluka fi nahorihim wa nahodobika min shahrorihim
recite this aya... its will be helpful insh.

Little_Lion
03-17-2011, 05:53 AM
I keep an iPod Shuffle and earbuds on me at all times - very tiny, and fits easily in my pocket. When I need to, I listen to that. It has, by the way, exactly the amount of memory to hold an entire recitation of the Qur'an!

awaiskazmi11
03-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Assalam o alaekum sister ,
I face such situations sometimes too , but what i do is , i start reciting "Astaghfirullah" and try to concentrate on the arabic wordings of this word and helps alot in diverting my attention. And as far as this issue is related to Quran'o'Sunnah (I don't remember the exact references , i read approx two days earlier), As we are not willing to listen it and we are even trying to skip to so we will not be caught inshallah.

Jazakallah

Umm AbdurRahman
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanx a lottt evrybody !!

Jazakumullahu khairan !! :D

May Allah SWT giv us the strenght 2 overcome all obstacles in lyf n keep us firm on The Straight Path.

Ali Mujahidin
03-19-2011, 02:42 AM
Remember to keep working on your dhikr so that the name of Allah is always on the tip of your tongue. Insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!