/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam to everyone!

Little_Lion
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm a new Muslim, having reverted (I'm still getting used to saying that rather than "converted") after studying the Middle East with the possibility of relocating there. I initially started studying Islam so that I would not make any stupid mistakes in the culture, but the more I learned, the more I knew it was the Truth.

I live in an area where there are not any Muslims; the closest are a couple of hours away. Not a good thing with today's gas prices or our winter weather. Everything I have learned I have had to learn on my own, through books, online, and the grace of Allah. At times it is difficult sorting out what is the Truth that Allah (who is all knowing) and his blessed Prophet (saw) gave to us from what we as fallible creations THINK is the truth, as a search on fatwas on many subjects would show. Insha'Allah through the Qur'an and the Hadith I'm staying on the path . . . Allah knows best.

Just a little about me: I'm married, have one child from a previous marriage, and count reading, art, and computer gaming (World of Warcraft) among my hobbies when I am not studying. I'm a full time college student, second time through, continuing my education after having just received my Associates in Environmental Technology.

It's wonderful to meet you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
03-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum sister Little Lion

Welcome to the forum, it is indeed a pleasure to have you here!

As far as i know Revert is the term used for those who return back, so that is the correct term I believe should be used, convert i think is when someone turns to something for the first time. However, if i am wrong please correct me.

may Allaah increase you in knowledge about the beautiful way of life and increase you in goodness, grant you happiness in this life and the hereafter Ameen

hope you have a wonderful stay on this forum and may the forum be beneficial towards you insha'Allaah

.. peace ..

Aprender
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum! So glad to have you here sister! :) Enjoy your stay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
03-16-2011, 09:12 PM
MashaAllah welcome my sista...:sl:=)

Ramadhan
03-17-2011, 02:08 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum and may you have enjoyable and beneficial stay! :)

Amat Allah
03-17-2011, 04:58 AM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Welcome my sweetheart to IB forum as a new precious and dear member of our big family...

Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar, Sub`haan Allah; Allah always blesses me with amazing brothers and sisters and surely you are one of them my dear...Alhamdulillah...

enjoy your stay in shaa Allah , you are in your home here honey with you brothers and sisters ^^

May Allah love you, be pleased with you , protect you and your precious child from all harms and elevate your rank and status in this life and in the Hereafter; rewarding you with the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning and all the Ummah Ameeeen

leaving you under Allah`s sight, care and protection...

Humbly, your sister who loves you deeply for Allah`s sake:

Amat Allah.

selsebil
03-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Welcome to the forum sis.Hope you'd benefit from your stay here.

Little_Lion
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Masha'Allah, thank you all for the warm welcome! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!