/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Virtues of fasting

MysticRiver
03-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Salam to all,

As I fast every Monday and Thursday and every now and then, my dotor insisted on telling me that fasting was bad for me. I'd risk muscle loss, gain weight all kinds of bad things. I believe that if Islam asked us to fast on various opportunities there must be positive reasons. Please, can you show me, scientifically, the virtues of fasting?

Thanks.

Nahla

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
1. Fasting promotes detoxification. As the body breaks down its fat reserves, it mobilizes and eliminates stored toxins.
2. Fasting gives the digestive system a much-needed rest. After fasting, both digestion and elimination are invigorated.
3. Fasting promotes the resolution of inflammatory processes, such as in rheumatoid arthritis.
4. Fasting quiets allergic reactions, including asthma and hay fever.
5. Fasting promotes the drying up of abnormal fluid accumulations, such as edema in the ankles and legs and swelling in the abdomen.
6. Fasting corrects high blood pressure without drugs. Fasting will normalize blood pressure in the vast majority of cases, the blood pressure will remain low after the fast, if the person follows a health-supporting diet and lifestyle.
7. Fasting makes it easy to overcome bad habits and addictions. Many people have overcome tobacco and alcohol addictions by fasting, and even drug addictions. Fasting rapidly dissipates the craving for nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and other drugs.
8. Fasting clears the skin and whitens the eyes. It is common to see skin eruptions clear while fasting, and the whites of the eyes never look so clear and bright as they do after fasting.
9. Fasting restores taste appreciation for wholesome natural foods. People say that their taste buds come alive after fasting and that food never tasted so good.
10. Fasting is the perfect gateway to a healthful diet and lifestyle. Going on a fast gives you the motivation and enthusiasm to make a fresh start.
11. Fasting initiates rapid weight loss with little or no hunger. Most people are surprised at how little desire for food they have while fasting.
http://mushpanjwani.com/2009/08/23/1...ts-of-fasting/

abjad
03-17-2011, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MysticRiver
Salam to all,

As I fast every Monday and Thursday and every now and then, my dotor insisted on telling me that fasting was bad for me. I'd risk muscle loss, gain weight all kinds of bad things. I believe that if Islam asked us to fast on various opportunities there must be positive reasons. Please, can you show me, scientifically, the virtues of fasting?

Thanks.

Nahla
http://sekenke.net/bodi/showthread.p...5628#post35628

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!