/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Woman taken off plane

MartyrX
03-17-2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.10news.com/news/27217241/...ml?source=sand

I love the comments. Such ignorance. I'd just like to say I said the exact same thing on my cell right before boarding a plane two months ago. Funny no one said anything to me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faatin
03-17-2011, 06:36 PM
"Abbasi said she gave the voucher away and doesn't plan to fly Southwest Airlines until she gets a written apology, an internal investigation and the entire crew is disciplined."

Good for her! A travel voucher for apology? Hahahaha wow.. And they took her off the plane because they assumed she said,"it's on the go" before she got on the plane. LOL! This is so absurd, she even said afterwards they didn't even hear her clearly and she really said into the phone "i've got to go" since the plane was about to leave but still I don't see how the saying "it's on the go" is suspicious in any way.

Aprender
03-17-2011, 06:46 PM
LOL. Really? This is just so sad. These politicians really need to stop it with all of this alienation and hate toward Muslims. I fear that this hatred is really going to lead to some in the Muslim American community to get seriously hurt and what's sad is if that did happen I don't think many Americans would emphasize with it seeing as a majority of the population has lost their humanity. And the comments. Yes, talk about being ignorant and barbaric. It's truly sad what people have become. :(

LavaDog
03-18-2011, 05:44 AM
sometimes I still find it hard to believe that people are this stupid.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
03-18-2011, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
sometimes I still find it hard to believe that people are this stupid.

That's what government's and media's brainwashing do to people. It doesn't help that they were stupid in the first place.

So, according to southwest airlines crew, a terrorist who plans to hijack and blow up a plane would cover herself and dress up in muslim attire just to attract attention, and then just for the heck of it would speak loudly on the phone right before boarding "on the go".
The most astonishing thing about this episode is that, it is not just one or two flight attendants who made the mistake, but it was the whole crew, including the captain who rounded her up and decided to kick her out of the flight. It is a surprise that flight did not crash later, judging by the amount of the collective braincells of the crew.

Can you imagine if anything like this happens to a jew?
The whole Southwest airline upper management and its board would have prostrated in front of and asked for forgiveness from The Anti-Defamation League, the American Jewish Committee, Hadassah, and AIPAC, and agreed to donate a huge sum of money to donate to those organizations to fund whataver projects the zionists are working on.

Cabdullahi
03-18-2011, 10:30 AM
i have to go bye = its a go boom!

They are hearing things

Fear of the unknown

Flush
Sorry - no sympathy here for this woman. If you want to live in this country, you should adjust to our culture - we should not have to adjust to yours. All true Muslims believe that it is their duty to institute Sharia law everywhere and they are attempting to do just that. One of the ways they do it is to wear their traditional garb everywhere. This is America.

Maria
This is ridiculous. WE have to apologize? Do you think we'd get away with this crap in their country? Of course not, you're not even allowed to SPEAK in your own country. They want and they take and it's getting me sick. Go the hell home! It's the muslims who are to blame for September 11th. WE SHOULD DISCRIMINATE!
Yesterday, 6:43:36 PM

Makenna Farley
In case you hadn't noticed, when we go to the airport we are all being treated as terrorists. PC or not, most of the people who put us in this situation dress like she does. I doubt this was the first time she has encountered this sort of reaction. I personally would not like to take my chances sitting next to her. Her mode of dress presents a challange to most people these days, and she knows it. I appreciate how alert the flight attendants were and that they spoke up about their concerns. Instead of just letting it slide, the airline chose to check the situation out for the safety of themselves and the passengers. They did not detain her unnecessarily after that. Odd behavior is an indicator warrenting concern, its not just the costume that is being worn. I guarantee she is aware of this.

جوري
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
you should see how many Muslims doctors in the U.S go without residencies when they have stellar board scores and excellent credentials.. still think it is a 'war on terrorism' No! it is a war on Islam and Muslims.. and all I can say is 7asbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel..

Ummu Sufyaan
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
the bloody cowards...if she had a man with her, i hardly think they would dare do anything of the sort. When im anywhere with my brothers, i get nothing said to me. when im not with my brothers...different story.

I feel sorry for her.

titus
03-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Can you imagine if anything like this happens to a jew?
The whole Southwest airline upper management and its board would have prostrated in front of and asked for forgiveness from The Anti-Defamation League, the American Jewish Committee, Hadassah, and AIPAC, and agreed to donate a huge sum of money to donate to those organizations to fund whataver projects the zionists are working on.
Yes, since it happened just last week.

Source

The Jews were "questioned" and searched before the feds determined they posed no threat to anyone. Alaska Airlines was prompted to write an apology and hire the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle for corporate cultural and religious diversity training

This is very similar to an incident that happened last year in which a plane was diverted because a Jew was praying:

Source

No "Zionist" donations were required, nor asked for.
That's what government's and media's brainwashing do to people. It doesn't help that they were stupid in the first place.
Are you speaking of the irrational fear of Muslims, or are you talking about the irrational hatred of Jews enforced by some governments and media?

Ramadhan
03-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes, since it happened just last week. Source The Jews were "questioned" and searched before the feds determined they posed no threat to anyone. Alaska Airlines was prompted to write an apology and hire the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle for corporate cultural and religious diversity training

And you didnt even notice the difference in treatments between the two incidents?

For muslim, she was only given a voucher. no witten apology, no hiring of muslim organization.

For jews, they immediately issued written public apology and immediately hired a jewish organization to train the employees (which is a way for the airline to give free money to the jewish organization)

That just proved my point, didnt it?
So yeah, thanks for supporting my argument!

Ramadhan
03-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Are you speaking of the irrational fear of Muslims,

Is this a question?

titus
03-18-2011, 04:23 PM
And you didnt even notice the difference in treatments between the two incidents?

For muslim, she was only given a voucher. no witten apology, no hiring of muslim organization.
Neither group was given a written apology. Both groups got a public apology, the woman also wants a written one personally given to her (which the Jews didn't ask for as far as I can tell). The woman got a free voucher, neither group of Jews got a free flight. If I had a choice between a free flight or the airline hiring some sensitivity trainers who happen to be the same religion I am I would go with the free ticket myself.

If you believe the Muslim women was treated worse than the Jews then do so, but I don't see it. I think you simply want to believe in the bias so you ignore it when the facts show otherwise. You want to believe that Muslims are the victims, and that Jews are given preferential treatment, yet the multiple cases I have given you show that is not the case.

I think you are looking to find something that isn't there Naidamar. You are really reaching.
Is this a question?
It was half of the question, you conveniently left out the second part. It was rhetorical, though.

Abdul-Raouf
03-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Islam is getting popular day by day......

ALLAH is making the people who are not for it...to work for its popularity.. indirectly.

I hope.. this news would have triggered at-least few of the non-muslim readers to think about Islam...in the right direction.

ALLAHU AKBAR !!!

sister herb
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
What if this passanger were a catholic nun (they too hide they head)? Everyone who hide they head and body are potential terrorists?

This kind of acts are simply racism. Nothing else.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Titus, get real. Muslims get picked on. what freaking planet are you on? unbelievable.

titus
03-20-2011, 05:15 AM
Ummu, read my posts more carefully before saying I claimed something that I did not or asking me what planet I am on.

Only a fool would say that Muslims are not discriminated against. What happened to that women was horrible and I hope she gets what she is asking for.

I took issue with Naidamar who implied that Jews were treated favorably and that if a similar event had happened to a Jew that the airlines would be falling over themselves to make amends. I was simply refuting this back-handed Jew hating by showing two examples where similar things did happen to Jews.

I hate all ignorant people, whether it is an irrational fear or hatred of Muslims or of Jews. Some people, though, condemn one and condone the other.

If you inferred that I condoned the treatment of this poor women, or that I am blind that bigotry against Muslims exists then I ask that you read my posts more closely. It is tiring to defend myself against things that I did not say, much less don't believe in.

Ramadhan
03-21-2011, 05:36 AM
The woman got a free voucher, neither group of Jews got a free flight. If I had a choice between a free flight or the airline hiring some sensitivity trainers who happen to be the same religion I am I would go with the free ticket myself.

Praise to Allah that the muslim woman has more dignity than you do by refusing to use the voucher and instead demand more appropriate apology and actions by the airline.
I am glad that muslims have not become as cheap as majority non-muslims are.

I'm sure the muslims woman (and so do I) prefer that the airline hire CAIR to educate their employees about Islam, as it can be used for da'wah.

It was half of the question, you conveniently left out the second part. It was rhetorical, though.
I was simply refuting this back-handed Jew hating by showing two examples where similar things did happen to Jews.
So you don't think that the jews receive better preferential treatments in the USA than muslims?
Who are you fooling?

titus
03-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Praise to Allah that the muslim woman has more dignity than you do by refusing to use the voucher and instead demand more appropriate apology and actions by the airline.
Southwest has apologized to her verbally, as well as publically. I don't see the purpose of a written one (as I see a face-to-face personal apology as being superior to a written one), but if that is what she wants then yes they should do it. The airline is doing an internal investigation and we will see if the punishment she asked for happens.

I'm sure the muslims woman (and so do I) prefer that the airline hire CAIR to educate their employees about Islam, as it can be used for da'wah.
You want the airlines to pay someone to preach Islam to them? Da'wah? Seriously?

Should they get someone to teach them some sensitivity training? You bet.

Every time someone offends someone in a business because of their religion should that company be forced to pay someone to come and try to convert employees of that company to their religion? No way. It's ridiculous to even consider.

So you don't think that the jews receive better preferential treatments in the USA than muslims?
Some times, sure. In this case? No. In fact this woman was treated better than the Jew in one of the examples I posted who got nothing but a "we're sorry". No free ticket, no sensitivity training, nothing.

Besides, what does that have to do with the topic at all? Could you not resist trying to turn this into a topic in which people are supposed to get upset at Jews for something, when they had absolutely nothing at all to do with this?

How you can try and turn this topic into one against Jews is beyond me.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately, the Kuffar gets bolder and bolder. The Islamic world must stick together and launch an effective global Jihad with our diplomacy, our scholars and intellectuals and our civil societies. Basically society as a whole.. pretty much like the West has started their all out "jihad" against Islam.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Have you read some of the comments below that article? It shows the sheer hatred of the Kuffar against Islam and Muslims. these people have completely lost it. Men, they are scary. It's hard to consider them human.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
]Only a fool would say that Muslims are not discriminated against.
Well, from the comments I read below articles about Islam/Muslims I usually get the impression that most westerners are fools. No offense!

What happened to that women was horrible and I hope she gets what she is asking for.
I'm glad to hear you say this.

I hate all ignorant people, whether it is an irrational fear or hatred of Muslims or of Jews. Some people, though, condemn one and condone the other.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I also hate lumping people together in categories (Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc.). When I'm talking about "the Kuffar", I'm only referring to the haters and warmongers. I have absolutely no issues with disbelievers who don't oppress, discriminate or fight against Muslims!!! Any sincere Muslim will agree with me. Everybody has the right to reject Islam, but NOBODY has the right to fight or discriminate against Muslims for being Muslim. When this happens though Muslims are obligated to struggle against this oppression ("jihad").

I really can't stand haters and whether they are atheist, Christian or Muslim is totally irrelevant to me. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. But I'm not so sure about the majority of non-Muslims as well as many Muslims. In my humble opinion, the majority of people are worthless scum. Call me a misanthrope if you want, I don't care..

joedawun
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Have you read some of the comments below that article? It shows the sheer hatred of the Kuffar against Islam and Muslims. these people have completely lost it. Men, they are scary. It's hard to consider them human.
Scary is when one dehumanizes one's opponents.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joedawun
Exactly, and they do it constantly, in the media.. basically everywhere. They also act on it by supporting their governments and armies that attack Muslim nations and massacre hundreds of thousands of Muslims. You are totally right!

joedawun
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Exactly, and they do it constantly, in the media.. basically everywhere. I agree.
As you did above, as well.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 04:38 PM
No, I'm merely revealing western hypocrisy, I'm revealing the true face of western civilization. A civilization which is based on genocides and exploitation and violence, but likes to demonize others. And no, this doesn't mean that all individuals in the west are warmongers and oppressors.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Look, it's very simple. Muslims and Muslim nations are VICTIMS of western imperialism and terrorism, and yet we are blamed for being the terrorists. Your education systems and all your civil and government institutions and media are together in this game. You are basically teaching your youth that Muslims are evil terrorists when YOUR governments and institutions are attacking and terrorizing Muslims. If we really want to stop this, we must keep revealing the truth no matter how painful this is to you and your countrymen) and keep educating people. Remaining silent will be counterproductive. I'm just demonizing the demons there is nothing wrong with that.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm referring to the haters, the hypocrites and liars of those societies only. I never said that all westerners are our enemy. I LOVE decent human beings such as Noam Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein, I like them more than many so-called Muslims.

English is not my native language and I'm bound to make mistakes when posting, but I'm only demonizing the demons and don't see anything wrong with that? I also despise Mubarak and Qadhafi and all other oppressors and hypocrites who support such people in the world.

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Do you turn the other cheek when someone wants to kill or oppress you? You are free to believe what you want, but remember; I'm not a Christian. I don't share your worldview and beliefs.

Peace

joedawun
03-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you turn the other cheek when someone wants to kill or oppress you? You are free to believe what you want, but remember; I'm not a Christian. I don't share your worldview and beliefs.

Peace
No I don't, for I could never be sufficiently Christ like to allow others to walk all over me...I will be a formidable foe if I or my loved ones are threatened. However, I also don't demonize or dehumanize anyone in the process of disagreeing with them or not believing as they do. To do so would make it all too easy to become the oppressor, and to justify oppressing the "other" as being less than human and therefore worthy of being oppressed. That is where I took exception to your earlier pronouncement.

جوري
03-21-2011, 06:59 PM
There is no love lost for such people.. It also makes it very difficult to distinguish good from bad because the prevailing sentiment is very anti-Islamic.. Everyday more than the day before I grow to despise westerners more and more...

for I could never be sufficiently Christ like to allow others to walk all over me.
interesting comment there.. you think christ which by your definition is 'God' allows people to walk all over him?

what a religion and what a people..

Argamemnon
03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
There is no love lost for such people..
Well said sis.. how do you call this in English "short but sweet" ?.. better than my seemingly wild, incoherent and emotional articulations, lol. I'm somewhat restricted by the English language...

:w:

GuestFellow
03-21-2011, 11:43 PM
:sl:

I think some members need to calm down.

format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Thank you both for posting this. It was an interesting comparison.

I do not see this as an issue of racism but paranoia. I think some people are frightened about the possibility of another attack. The mainstream media is to be blamed for the rise of moral panic.

The airline should be concerned about the safety of the passengers and investigate any suspicious activity. It was unfair to target this Muslim women because she was stopped for no reason and she even offered to be questioned.

The airline did issue a public apology and even offered a voucher. In my opinion, this is a reasonable offer. The airline should perform an internal investigation on spotting suspicious activity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!