/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Odor

Beardo
03-17-2011, 09:59 PM
My students love me and say I'm their coolest tutor, but their only complaint is that my socks stink like heck.

I think it comes from wearing my shoes all day long and then going to teach them munchkins and rascals. How do you get rid of the horrible odor? :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
03-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Why do you want to get rid of it? U could use it to punish them with when they are naughty. :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Maybe perform Wudhu.

Maybe Apply some lotion/cream/moisturiser after ofcourse with a scent/smell and

change the socks if the smell is that bad ,carry extra socks with you.

Obviously its your feet that are causing the 'scent' and not the socks so make sure your feet are washed and then maybe apply some sort of lotion and then put the socks on. but if this doesnt work insha'Allaah be patient and wait for an alternative i.e. better reply.

I am not sure if i helped, insha'Allaah you recieve better replies

.. peace ..

Dagless
03-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
03-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Try some other kind of shoes?

Cabdullahi
03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
the deodorant you use for your armpits can also be used for your feet...try it! it'll saves you some cash

Reflections
03-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Aw subhanAllah...Some of the students (not mine) decided to put air freshner in my shoe..sprayed it like there was no tomorrow..Wasn't to do with 'shoe odour'..but probably because they don't like me :-\

ardianto
03-18-2011, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
My students love me and say I'm their coolest tutor,
I know. One of your student told me in other forum. :D

but their only complaint is that my socks stink like heck.

I think it comes from wearing my shoes all day long and then going to teach them munchkins and rascals. How do you get rid of the horrible odor? :hiding:
It's caused by bacterias on your feet. You need to kill those bacterias. Also you need to carry extra socks. Change your socks with that extra socks before you teach your students. And do not wear same shoes everyday. Today you can wear your first shoes, but tomorrow you must wear your second shoes and give your first shoes a chance to 'breathe'.

Beardo
03-18-2011, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
Why do you want to get rid of it? U could use it to punish them with when they are naughty.
I did, but then I realized how cruel that was. Nobody in this world deserves such a cruel punishment.
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Maybe perform Wudhu.
Yeah, actually, I usually got a little early and wash my feet before class LOL! Seems to help quite a bit.
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Try some other kind of shoes?
I love my shoes. Adidas Beckhams'.
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
the deodorant you use for your armpits can also be used for your feet...try it! it'll saves you some cash
Are you being serious or is this another one of oyur naughty jokes? >_>

format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Aw subhanAllah...Some of the students (not mine) decided to put air freshner in my shoe..sprayed it like there was no tomorrow..Wasn't to do with 'shoe odour'..but probably because they don't like me
Oh, lol. Well, at least they smell good now? loool I should tty that. =X I mean... on my teachers.
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Today you can wear your first shoes, but tomorrow you must wear your second shoes and give your first shoes a chance to 'breathe'.
That's a lot of shoes. I let it breathe all night long! how much more breathing does it need?

marwen
03-18-2011, 07:53 AM
I love your threads, they're very inspiring !

Try to not use nylon socks. Cotton or wool socks are better.

Ramadhan
03-18-2011, 08:25 AM
do not wash your feet with warm water, always use cold one, especially after shower and especially for wudoo, because fungi and bacteria grow fast in warm, damp skin.

And you need to give your adidas beckhams some holiday in the sun. Wash them, and take them outside during the day when the sun is out and warm to dry.
Use other shoes in the meantime.
or barefooted.
Your choice.

جوري
03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
first rid yourself of the shoes once they stink there is no fixing them.. secondly buy ONLY cotton sox.. then follow the advise of odor eaters etc. when you make wudu make sure your wear a fresh pair every time and that your feet are completely dry before hand and that is also to prevent fungus..

:w:

Woodrow
03-18-2011, 12:49 PM
This is an issue I can relate too. Oddly it was caused because I was spending too much money on my shoes and socks. Big name expensive shoes, often are highly water proof and become the perfect incubator for "El-Stinko" bacteria and the fancy high price pretty socks are an excellent growing medium. Shoes that are not water resistant/ water proof, and very cheap cotton socks do a lot to keep "El-Stinko" from growing.

Get cheap shoes that can breathe, If you are very active keep spare shoes and socks on hand and change both several times a day. Use any low cost anti-bacterial powder in your shoes every time you do not have them on. Keep your feet dry, feet do sweat very easily and do need to breathe, feet that are not dry and not allowed to breathe will get revenge on you and everybody near you.

Think of your feet as being puppies and your shoes as a kennel. A closed water proof kennel filled with puppies is going to stink very fast. You need to get ventilated, dry kennels for your puppies.

smile
03-18-2011, 03:35 PM
wwear sandals

Woodrow
03-18-2011, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
wwear sandals
That is the best and only 100% certain solution. But sadly for those of us who live in a Northern Climate it is not practical, unless you don't mind loosing your toes to Frost Bite. The climate in most of the USA is not sandal friendly except for the summer months (Provided you are far enough south to even have Summer months)

But an idea can be taken from the traditional foot war of the Native Americans and among the Arabian people. Un-tanned rawhide moccasins, sewn together with loose stitching that makes them more like the Leather Stockings used by many of us while traveling. They keep your feet warm, dry and allow for circulation of air.

Hmmm, there seems to be more than just a little wisdom behind sunnah clothing.

smile
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
eish ! i didn't think about the weather

S.Belle
03-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Natural Foot Odor Cures:
1. Use Tea as a Smelly Feet Remedy: Brew a couple bags of tea, preferably black tea, in about a quart of warm water. Once brewed, soak your feet in the tea for around 10-15 minutes every day or night for an entire week. Tea is a great cure for stinky feet, the tannic acid in the tea will prevent your feet from sweating in the first place; and if your feet aren't sweating, foot odor is less likely to occur. After you get your stinky feet problem under control, continue to soak your feet in tea once a week to keep the foot odor from coming back.

2. Use Listerine to Cure Smelly Feet: Soak a cotton ball in Listerine and rub it all over your feet, as well as, on the inside of your shoes. The alcohol and herbal extracts in Listerine is very effective in battling the fungus and bacteria that causes smelly feet.

3. Neosporin as a Foot Odor Cure: This is an incredible cure for stinky feet that has been known to completely eradicate the problem after 1 use. All you have to do is rub Neosporin antibiotic cream all over your feet before you go to bed, cover them with socks and go to sleep. There is a very high probability that when you wake up in the morning your foot odor problem will be gone for good, or at least for an extended period of time.

4. Vinegar as a Cure for Stinky Feet: Soak your feet in vinegar 2 to 3 times a week to kill the bacterium that causes your stinky smelly feet

http://www.life123.com/health/natura...elly-fee.shtml

I would do numero 4 and use apple cider vinegar bc apple cider vinegar eats bateria, eliminates odor, and helps restore you skin to its natural ph level.
also if you have very sweaty feet try getting a tawas stone. Wet the stone with water and rub all over your feet it will prevent your feet from sweating. You can also use the stone as a deodorant.

sister herb
03-18-2011, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
But an idea can be taken from the traditional foot war of the Native Americans and among the Arabian people. Un-tanned rawhide moccasins, sewn together with loose stitching that makes them more like the Leather Stockings used by many of us while traveling. They keep your feet warm, dry and allow for circulation of air.
I 100% agree with this. I use kind of shoes at my job (as teacher too). So, they are made as finnish style but idea is quite same. After long day my feet are dry, socks too and no odor. Also even I have to stand and walk a lot during day, feet aren´t tired like they might feel using some other kind of, more expensive shoes.

manaal
03-18-2011, 04:44 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned menthol foot powder or dr. scholl's

http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/p...p&searchArg=27

DRY your feet before putting on your socks and put some foot powder into your socks before wearing them.

Beardo
03-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I was considering spraying my shoes lightly with Febreze.

S.Belle
03-25-2011, 08:07 PM
hey why not put fabric softener sheets in your shoes?...

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
hey why not put fabric softener sheets in your shoes?...
I am now looking at my feet trying to picture soft, fluffy toes.

There went all the money spent on karate lessons.

Abz2000
10-25-2011, 11:26 AM
take the laces off,
stick 'em in the washing machine, (quick rinse - spin)

dry them quickly

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!