/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Husseyn bin Ali's head

Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Aslamu Alaykum wr. wb.

is it halal to look at the head of Hosseyn? Besides, many hadith says that he resembles the prophet and looks like him.

Isn't that very bad? If we look at Hosseyn it gives us an idea of the face of Rasulullah.

Is there an originial statue? I heard an artist made his sculpture head, when he died.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
missy
03-18-2011, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
the head of Hosseyn
?!?!
i really don't understand :/ ...................wat do u mean by head?....does anyone claim that its the face of Husayn (RA).

Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 03:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husayn_ibn_Ali

Read the section about the head.

missy
03-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Salaam,

checked it out....now it makes sense.

also, there's a video on YouTube that shows the sculpture of his head, the person who has uploaded it has given a brief story of how the copy of the "head" was made.
Personally, i feel its all made-up. We shudn't rely on such issues which are doubtful.
Allah Knows Best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 07:15 PM
There is tonsa youtube videos, some are just disqusting. A statue with blood/ketchup flowing down the head, while people are kissing/obeying him and drying his blood.

The story is not made up, it is part of our hadith that the head got burried.

Narrated Muhammad: Anas bin Malik said, "The head of Al-Husain was brought to 'Ubaidullah bin Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of Al-Husain's head and saying something about his handsome features." Anas then said (to him), "Al-Husain resembled the Prophet more than the others did." Anas added, "His (i.e. Al-Husain's) hair was dyed with Wasma (i.e. a kind of plant used as a dye)." (Book #57, Hadith #91)

missy
03-18-2011, 07:27 PM
which book is it in?

Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 07:35 PM
It is in Al-Bukhari. Companions of the prophet.

www.searchtruth.com

Look it up. =)

If you are sunni (I think you are) then you believe in Al Qitab al Sahih Bukhari obviously.

missy
03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Yup i definitely do !!

missy
03-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Okay...so its not made up, but the thing about the sculpture does not seem to be true. I mean that first of all its not permissible to make pictures of humans and even sculptures, let alone seek blessings from it!!

I found out some hadiths regarding this:
Abu Hurairah (RA) reported Allaah's Messenger (SAW) as saying, "Angels do not enter a house (or any other place) where there are statues (tamatheel) or pictures (Tasaweer)." (Muslim 3/1162, no.5276)

Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Messenger (SAW). I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects." (Bukhari 3:428)

Zuzubu
03-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I haven't said that they did the right thing, or that shia are religious.

missy
03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
I haven't said that they did the right thing, or that shia are religious.
Yes, definitely bro, u neva said that!!

:)

Zuzubu
03-19-2011, 04:57 PM
well is it fine to look at it eventhough it is haram to make it?

breezes
03-19-2011, 05:18 PM
salam ,brother

here is the general presidency and ifta of ksa
http://www.alifta.net/Default.aspx

you can find what u looking for - if allah wills-

peace

Zuzubu
03-19-2011, 05:35 PM
breezes are you afvertising for your site?? It is arabic + i translated it, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

breezes
03-19-2011, 05:46 PM
breezes are you afvertising for your site?? .
oh. do i ?? it a good reply
It is arabic .
Change the language to english or french

Zuzubu
03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Are you? It's a serious question. :)

KSA is Kazakhstan or is it Opressiondom of Saudi Arabia? (jk)

I did do it, but it had nothing to do with the head of Hosseyn (RA)

breezes
03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Are you? It's a serious question. :)
^o)

I did do it, but it had nothing to do with the head of Hosseyn (RA)
will, I added your question to the website - do u mind ?- and insha allah
u will find the answer soon.

salam

Zuzubu
03-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Shukran, I will see what the wahabis are gonna reply me. =) Please reply as soon as you get an answer.

Ohh my Allah, you changed location details. Kingdom of Kazakhstan....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!