/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hay Fever

GuestFellow
03-18-2011, 06:58 PM
:sl:

I have hay fever. I can't stop sneezing and I have watery eyes. I checked several websites but the advice is not helpful. I have been to my doctor several times and I receive some tablets. They work but only for a short while. I get hay ever throughout the year.

Are there any remedies that can reduce the effects of hay fever?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faatin
03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Try black seeds or black seed oil according to Sahih Al-Bukhari hadith, the prophet (pbuh) said it's the cure for every disease except death.

Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I got it too, I also take tablets (when my parrents tell me to, and when I go out to play football etc.) I don't take them at winters, only summers because of the flower polm.

Taking bath, and keeping fresh air in your home, prevents it. =)

I always have a bunch of paper in my pocket when I go out. ;)

GuestFellow
03-18-2011, 07:38 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Faatin
Try black seeds or black seed oil according to Sahih Al-Bukhari hadith, the prophet (pbuh) said it's the cure for every disease except death.
I'll try it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
I got it too, I also take tablets (when my parrents tell me to, and when I go out to play football etc.) I don't take them at winters, only summers because of the flower polm.

Taking bath, and keeping fresh air in your home, prevents it. =)

I always have a bunch of paper in my pocket when I go out. ;)
I couldn't even workout today because I couldn't stop sneezing... <_<

I think I finished two tissue boxes...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
What is your location? x_x???

Seriously, here it is snowing, and your hay season already started?

I don't get that when I'm inside and if I'm outside and I've eaten my pills (they work 12 hours). You maybe got flu?? xD

Just put some tissues beside you, while you workout. Or buy some good pills.

You can also just buy 10 packets of black seed, and eat it with a spoon (I seriously get a weird taste when I eat 1 of them) Hay Fever isn't like other illnessses, so drinking honey etc. is not the best solution. Try dua'h and dawah. =) It may help. You can't operate it or anything like that. But if you are rich you can go to the doctor each year, and he will inject you with something which prevents it... (soccer players such as D. Beckham etc. can use it)

Endymion
03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Eat Almonds with Black Pepper as more as you can.Drink Green Tea. Take a glass of luke warm water,add half table spoon salt in it and wash your mouth and your nose with it like we do during wudhu (I dunno the proper term for it but) Im sure it'll help a lot Inshallah :)

May Allah swt bless you with health and speedy recovery.Amen.

Zuzubu
03-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Endymon the luke warm salt-water thing,,, I do it to rinse my teeth. (from periodical tooth disease) :)

I did not know it is used for wudhuu too. =)

But isn't wudhuu supposed to be pure water, not some salt water????

It dosn't go away that fast, but it will be softer time by time. =) Insha'Allah

GuestFellow
03-18-2011, 08:27 PM
What is your location? x_x???
UK

Seriously, here it is snowing, and your hay season already started?
I get it throughout the year, it can be random.

I don't get that when I'm inside and if I'm outside and I've eaten my pills (they work 12 hours). You maybe got flu?? xD
No, not flu.

Just put some tissues beside you, while you workout. Or buy some good pills.
No, I'll rest today.

But if you are rich you can go to the doctor each year, and he will inject you with something which prevents it... (soccer players such as D. Beckham etc. can use it)
Sounds like botox... XD

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Eat Almonds with Black Pepper as more as you can.Drink Green Tea. Take a glass of luke warm water,add half table spoon salt in it and wash your mouth and your nose with it like we do during wudhu (I dunno the proper term for it but) Im sure it'll help a lot Inshallah :)

May Allah swt bless you with health and speedy recovery.Amen.
I love green tea. Usually have it in the morning and before I go to sleep.

Jazakallah kheir everyone!

Ansariyah
03-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I know exactly wat u go through cause I suffer from it too, n its all year around for me as well. *Sigh*

I use Cetirizine hydrochloride tablets, they're tiny & u need to take it only once a day. Really works well....

Ghazalah
03-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Tablets are temporary, personally I would never use them. My brother also has hay fever but every night my mum makes him have boiled water with honey garlic black seed oil and its defiantly calmed down. Also make your bed sheets are not dusty ones (if that makes sense lol) that's what causes a lot of sneezing.

T4WHEED
03-19-2011, 12:07 AM
hay fever is the bodies reaction to pollen causing release of histamine which causes the suffering of the symptoms. Usually affects people in spring summer time but can be all year round. As well as taking antihistamines ,non drowsy once a day seem to be the best, you can take several other measures such as wearing shades to protect your eyes from the effects of pollen avoiding times when pollen is at its highest usually between 5-10am and early part of the evening, also going out or cover up if windy as it carries pollen well, take regular showers, wash hair, wash clothes, bedsheets regularly. Also it depends on which symptoms affect you the most. If it is eyes then you can use drops like sodium cromogligate, if runny nose the problem then you can use steroid nasal sprays, if sneezing - antihistamine tablets, etc.

And of course there are the islamic methods also that will help inshallah.

wa salam

Endymion
03-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Endymon the luke warm salt-water thing,,, I do it to rinse my teeth. (from periodical tooth disease) :)

I did not know it is used for wudhuu too. =)

But isn't wudhuu supposed to be pure water, not some salt water????
I did'nt advice him to perform wudhu with it,my dear kid :statisfie
I said,"Wash your mouth and nose with this water the way we do in wudhu".(Gargling i mean :D )
It removes allergies and makes your breathing proper :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-19-2011, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I have hay fever. I can't stop sneezing and I have watery eyes. I checked several websites but the advice is not helpful. I have been to my doctor several times and I receive some tablets. They work but only for a short while. I get hay ever throughout the year.

Are there any remedies that can reduce the effects of hay fever?
Wa Alaaykum As'salaam

It usually helps if you dont go outside, well for me anyway :-\

Oh Also depending on the tissues you use might also cause the sneezing, since some contain particles of dust or whatever you call it, but not all tissues have this i think :-\

Hayfever is geekified if you ask me :-\

insha'Allaah the remedies posted work, may Allaah grant you a speedy recovery, Ameen

.. peace ..

SlaveOfGod
03-20-2011, 02:09 AM
My uncle and brother both suffer from hay fever. My uncle recommended this nasal spray thing, I don't know the name akhi >.<

Until you find a cure inshallah, enjoy the nice weather indoors!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Wow! this hayfever is awfully annoying!

Mine usually starts at this time of the year, and the thing is i didnt even go out much today there goes my spring/summer or whatever season it is (i dont even know what time of the year/season it is subhaan'Allaah), maybe my house contains dust or pollen or whatever the cause is to hay fever.

I sincerely ask you all for your Du'aas . Jazakallaahu Khaairan

may Allaah SWT increase you all in beautiful Imaan and grant you beautiful happiness in this life and the hereafter and to stay patient with one another and at peace Aameen.

.. peace ..

Trumble
04-26-2011, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I get it throughout the year, it can be random.
Unusual. I used to (see below) suffer badly, but it was always at the same time of year, allowing for variations in weather and location. Are you sure your allergy is actually to pollen? It might well be 'pollen-plus' as it were, many hayfever sufferers also have big problems with house dust in particular.

As to treatment, rather than pills you can get a jab that lasts through the hayfever season, but it looks like that wouldn't suit you. You might ask your GP, though. The good news is that hayfever does seem to fade with age, and I rarely suffer at all now and have gone fifteen years or so without anything that didn't stop after a day or so. I'm still sensitive to the house dust though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!