/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having knowledge about Islam and following it/ Being Arrogant

Muslimah011
03-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Assalamu Alaikum, i wanted to ask if there is a hadith about a muslim having knowledge about Islam, but not applying it or following it or delaying ones deeds (which is like arrogance) . Also, is there a hadith about a muslim who has very little knowledge about Islam but does his best to follow it and apply it to his daily life. Please reply back as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance and Jazakum Allahu kheir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
selsebil
03-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
The verse:
"Verily We sent the Book down to you in truth, so worship God in sincerity, for God’s is sincerely practised religion," Qur’an, 39:2.

and the noble saying of the Prophet:
“All men will perish, except the scholars, and all scholars will perish except those who act in accordance with their knowledge, and all of them will perish except the sincere, and even the sincere are in great danger,”
demonstrate together how important a principle of Islam is sincerity.

Muslimah011
03-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Jazakum Allahu Kheir sister for your reply!!!

Flame of Hope
03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by selsebil
and the noble saying of the Prophet:
“All men will perish, except the scholars, and all scholars will perish except those who act in accordance with their knowledge, and all of them will perish except the sincere, and even the sincere are in great danger,”
demonstrate together how important a principle of Islam is sincerity.
Alhamdulillah! A beautiful principle in Islam! Where can I find this hadith? Also are there other hadiths similar to this one? I'd be very interested if you know of more of them. Jazakallah khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad Aseem
03-27-2011, 01:44 PM
I think this principle of Islam is applicable to every day life as well.

Look at it in school, everyone is a student, but only the student who learns applies his knowledge, and only the student who applies his knowledge excels, and only the student who excels ends up getting a good job and the one who is sincere in his job gets promotes... and so on and so on...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!