/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Preaching Islam in a Game

Aqua
03-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Es Selam Alejkum

It is obvious that when a Muslim want to learn more about Islam he searches the web about Islam forum,but what about those who do not now about islam?
I was a Christian and learned about Islam from a old friend of mine i met several years latter.He started to talk to me about Islam and gave me some books. Then i started to study the mistakes of the Bible and then started to read Quran.

I ask myself,what if i would would not spoke with my old friend,what would had became with my soul?

There are a lot of people that does not now about Islam because their are not interested to now about the religion,or the media usually speaks bad,and they are not in contact with. For this i wish to go to their places and show it to them. To show them the bible is wrong and Islam is the right. As i can not go from home to home,i go to the sites were there are,but i have a problem. I know more about bible mistakes (if i would had given up my faith,i needed to learn a lot of mistakes from the bible to give it up), then i now about Quran, therefore i can not do what i desire correctly,and there is what i am looking for.

I like to play games in the net,and i came in contact with a game RPG, that you can log in 5 minutes/day if you do not have time,and for hours if you have time. The game is with daily turns,based on training a knight,but all the game is done in the forum,with your fantasy and your knowlage. If a nation call for war another nation,they invocate christian goodness,or call the muslims infedel,or use crusade etc,. I can break down their biblic insinuation of phrases,tell them the one they are invoking is not god,because a god can now when the fruits are ready to be eaten(Mark 11:12-13 ),or use other bible contradiction,but in the end i will make them atheist and not make them fallow Islam.
Is a game based in year 1030,and therefore you have to speak like a knight leaving in year 1030. The right section to write in the Board is Knight,or Nations,but i advise to stay 7 days and see haw it works before you write something.

Here i came to the point of my letter. I need someone in my nation to preach Islam . Someone who know english,can write fluently and nows it better then me.
I am a user in this game,i do not gain money from it. I am writing this thread when i searched it randomly for islamic forum and saw this one.

The link of the game is(dot com,not coma) //knights-honor,com
(Hope the moderators will close an eye for this link imsad)
Join the nation of Sicily
My name in the game is bisha(latter will be Attimus).

This letter is only for those who have some qualities:
want to preach Islam,
write good English,
have great creative mind,
nows Islam well
and are over 18 year.

Es- Selam alejkum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
03-18-2011, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqua
I like to play games in the net,and i came in contact with a game RPG, that you can log in 5 minutes/day if you do not have time,and for hours if you have time. The game is with daily turns,based on training a knight,but all the game is done in the forum,with your fantasy and your knowlage. If a nation call for war another nation,they invocate christian goodness,or call the muslims infedel,or use crusade etc,. I can break down their biblic insinuation of phrases,tell them the one they are invoking is not god,because a god can now when the fruits are ready to be eaten(Mark 11:12-13 ),or use other bible contradiction,but in the end i will make them atheist and not make them fallow Islam.
Is a game based in year 1030,and therefore you have to speak like a knight leaving in year 1030. The right section to write in the Board is Knight,or Nations,but i advise to stay 7 days and see haw it works before you write something.
Must admit, I'm rather fascinated. :popcorn:

IAmZamzam
03-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I fit your descriptions but I'm afraid I don't understand about this game, nor what nation you're from or what difference it makes. Could you explain a little better?

Aqua
03-18-2011, 10:50 PM
It dose not matter where i am from. In the game i lead the nation of Sicily.
The game is ,let me coppy you the intro:
he Middle-Ages..
A time full of history and tales.

Knights, lords and kings tried to change the
world for their purposes.

Fights, tournaments, battles, 53 nations
on a huge map of the Middle-Ages.
Weapons and armor, horses, your fiefdom -
adventure, glory, power and intrigues.

But the game is also played in the Board section where you can post threads. Threads are related with the events in the world,or are pure fantasy of yours. To see haw and what kind of threads you can post,it is good to read some,and play it a little bit,and after understanding the game(7 days),you can post it in the right way the islamic preaching. Remember it is not a religious forum,so you better post things with finesse. For more info,read the help of the game.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
03-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I have played World of Warcraft before. Is this game anything like WoW?

Little_Lion
03-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Salaam, Aqua! I've played text RPG's before, and they can be a LOT of fun! Unfortunately I would be the wrong person for such as you ask, as I have only very recently come to Islam and would be at high risk of accidentally giving misinformation. I must ask though, this forum game that you joined, is it designed for Christians and by Christians to teach and affirm Christianity? If yes, they very well may take great offense to another faith coming and preaching to them, and it may get you banned. Again, if yes, do you have the resources to start an Islamic version of it?

Ali Mujahidin
03-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Update:
Just went into the game to have a quick look. It's turn-based. The Sicily board has Bisha as a mod. There are some posts about Islam.

- Qatada -
03-19-2011, 01:10 PM
:salamext:

because you're a leader in the virtual world of that land, someone who likes RPG's should join it and give dawah. because your leadership will be a good way to spread islam :D

Aqua
03-19-2011, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Salaam, Aqua! I've played text RPG's before, and they can be a LOT of fun! Unfortunately I would be the wrong person for such as you ask, as I have only very recently come to Islam and would be at high risk of accidentally giving misinformation. I must ask though, this forum game that you joined, is it designed for Christians and by Christians to teach and affirm Christianity? If yes, they very well may take great offense to another faith coming and preaching to them, and it may get you banned. Again, if yes, do you have the resources to start an Islamic version of it?
Even if you have came recently in the game,if you have played this kind of game before you can join it for having fun. It is more enjoyable game if it is played with your brother and sisters in Islam,rather then others. You can not write about islam,but you can strength our military forces,by making stronger your charachter,and talk in our board about other stuff,give diplomatic suggestions etc. . If we are many,our words will have more weight and if they start war against us,we can be more strong to beat them not only with our arguments about religion,but with their way of fighting too(battles). 'They will listen more to as also if we are wise &strong'.

It is not a game designed from them to teach christianity,it is not even a game to preach christianity,but they use often christian talk and ways to justify things they do. There are a lot of Christian nation in the game,and i see this place a very good place to teach them the right religion and save some souls. We have a lot of us who have lost the way. We need to do something.

Aqua
03-19-2011, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
Update:
Just went into the game to have a quick look. It's turn-based. The Sicily board has Bisha as a mod. There are some posts about Islam.
The board Sicily is the board that only my 17-19 members can see. Is the place where the nation of Sicily members who join can speak about,but the hole members of the world in the game speak in the other 4 big boards.

1.The Knights (!!! RolePlay !!!)
... stories about the life of knights
2.The Nations (!!! RolePlay !!!)
... stories about the nations
3.Diplomacy (!!! RolePlay !!!)
.... only kings, foreign ministers and ministers of war are alowed to write here !!!
4.Turneys (!!! RolePlay !!!)
... stories of the greatest events

You need to read the other forums to understand the type of the game. It is not a religious game,nor a preaching one. I see this game as a place to tell the other part of the world about our religion,but not imposing to them with force,but telling them with finesse(relating the game with religion). Playing the game and showing time after time to them about our religion,not posting things out of the context,only about religion.

Now that you saw the game,will you log in again?

Aqua
03-19-2011, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

because you're a leader in the virtual world of that land, someone who likes RPG's should join it and give dawah. because your leadership will be a good way to spread islam :D
Thank you Qatada

Perseveranze
03-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

it looks like a text-based game... Boring :(

Aqua
03-19-2011, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

it looks like a text-based game... Boring :(
For some is boring,for some not. Its a game for those who like to use brains rather then eyes.
Never mind you can go play WOW and kill some monsters :)

Zuzubu
03-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Hahah, I prefer WOW. =) I used to own my private server. ;)

Try this game www.conquerorgame.com if you seek a online turnbased country taking game. I play it, and I won the mastership. (I am officially the best player). =D It's quite fun! using text in a forum RPG, becomes godmoding. Really! I tried it once, and it's more like "Then Mr. Harry Von Bergen, conquered the whole world with his blade of fire, and killed everyone."

That's the reason I don't like text rpg that much. ;)

aadil77
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

that doesnt sound good lol

Aqua
03-19-2011, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu

Try this game .conquerorgame. if you seek a online turnbased country taking game. I play it, and I won the mastership. (I am officially the best player). =D It's quite fun! using text in a forum RPG, becomes godmoding. Really! I tried it once, and it's more like "Then Mr. Harry Von Bergen, conquered the whole world with his blade of fire, and killed everyone."

That's the reason I don't like text rpg that much. ;)
It is very different from your game. In this game only one person (with or without a big sword) can not make the difference. In this game there is only one game(can not create others) ,and is more easy and nice to play then conqureror.

Aqua
03-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello...Read the topic in the first page,then reply here.

Ali Mujahidin
03-21-2011, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by

Off-topic:
Want to team up to make a private WoW server for dakwah work?

Little_Lion
03-21-2011, 05:18 AM
I play the live game on the official servers, and have seriously considered forming a guild there for Muslims . . . preaching is against the Blizzard TOS, but there is nothing wrong with leading by example of Islamic values (being fair and honest, helpful, and generous toward others), and I would REALLY like to play with others who wouldn't look at you funny because you had to step out of a dungeon to pray!

Little_Lion
03-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Ack, meant to add this to the last post and I can't edit, my apologies for the double.

Aqua, thank you very much for the invite, but I promised myself only one online game at a time while I am back in college, sorry!

Ali Mujahidin
03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
but there is nothing wrong with leading by example of Islamic values (being fair and honest, helpful, and generous toward others)

That is one of the best way of doing dakwah. Spread the message of Islam through the way we live. And play. Looks like there is a chance that I might be able to get up a private WoW game server run on Islamic principles after all.

Samiun
03-21-2011, 09:14 AM
:sl: isn't WoW a game based on witchcraft and magic? How would you spread Islam on it besides the forum? I've never played WoW before because I don't think there's a private server around Asia, I play cs1.6 most of the time. WoW also contain semi-nude female characters right? At least when I judge by the poster of the game. Can you create custom items, equipments and headgears for WoW because I think it could somehow make the game more islamic. Like seeing a hunter wearing some kind of white robe perhaps?

Little_Lion
03-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Yes, there are definitely women - and men - in the game who are underdressed, to say the least, and players who try their best to take it to the extreme, though graphics and coding do limit that. On live servers, IMHO the things people write are worse than the images, which I might see the equivalent of on a billboard, or magazine ad.

I have a hunter, and he actually does have a white robe that he wears on occasion! But not for fighting, since its armor is so poor. You can't make and import your own custom graphics (or maybe you can on private servers?) but there are several outfits available in game that would be very appropriate. Perhaps also on a private server their attributes could be increased to be applicable to more classes.

Little_Lion
03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Thinking about this a little more . . . would anyone be interested in forming a Muslim gamers network, where people of any game can meet others and arrange to play together? That way be it Warcraft, Aqua's game, console games, what have you, we'd have a group where we can find and help each other.

Ali Mujahidin
03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
hinking about this a little more . . . would anyone be interested in forming a Muslim gamers network, where people of any game can meet others and arrange to play together? That way be it Warcraft, Aqua's game, console games, what have you, we'd have a group where we can find and help each other.

Count me in. I play WoW. Was GM on WoWFusion. Guild Master of Aree's Angels, too. Now cooking up a private WoW game server on the back burner.

Aqua
03-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Thinking about this a little more . . . would anyone be interested in forming a Muslim gamers network, where people of any game can meet others and arrange to play together? That way be it Warcraft, Aqua's game, console games, what have you, we'd have a group where we can find and help each other.
If you do it,tell me.

Aqua
03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Nbeel what do you think of my game? Will you try it?
knights-honor,com

Samiun
03-27-2011, 03:46 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqua
Nbeel what do you think of my game? Will you try it?
knights-honor,com
If I have the time I will Inshallah. Right now I'm focusing to loosen up a little in the internet and strengthen my Iman. I just took a look at the screen shots, it looks like a medieval based game mixed with pokemon game play hehe. Wow, you also have thousands of members that's really nice. Are you the owner of this game or do you have a group of people working together for this game? You might wanna add the middle east on your next update, you know, cause Arabs are cooler and stuff(White Robes FTW! and Black robes FTW!), just a thought though.

@Little_Lion
One of the many problems that I have with gaming is that it's really addictive which might result in wasting time , but I do think your idea is brilliant because we get to share the fun with our Muslim brothers which we don't often get the chance to. The question which I have is:

1) How are we going to handle the sisters who game?

2) What should we do in order to limit the relationship between Muslim brothers and Sisters in the network?

3)Can we trust everyone who registers in the Muslim network to be 'Muslims'?

Perhaps we should outline the basics of the etiquette of gaming first to reduce the problems that Muslim gamers may face once their into a game?(Ie, neglect solah) Maybe we could advice the Muslim gamers by writing on different sections of the website or maybe we could also ask the Muslim community to share their bad experiences with gaming in order for us to get more information on how gaming effects us, both in our faith and daily life.

I have a feeling we're the only ones play online games here..:nervous:

Aqua
03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
I think you are right when you say a game makes you addictive. If someone of you does not play games in the internet,then i advise them not to play in this game,or in any other game. When it came to choose between playing a game and reading Quran,i advise you to read Quran. But if you use to play games in the internet,then i advise you to play this game rather then WOW(World of Warcraft),or mafiawars,BOTD,etc.
I see a lot of members in here who writes threads about Muslim brothers and sisters,and i advise this game if they want to preach islam to people who do not intend to read muslim thread on the internet,but that we make them be in contact with our faith by random in their game. Tell me,haw many christian open thier internet to read a Islamic thread on the internet? None! That is why i want some others to help me spread Islam in a game.

I am not a owner of this game,and i do not gain any money from it. The only think i hope to gain is reward from Allah when i spread Islam to the others. If i am doing something wrong,then you tell me.
If i am not a member i can not update Arabic stuff etc. ,but you can advise the admins to add one in the board. There is a nation,called ARABIA too ,you can join it and lead it because i never see the sultan of that nation write something about his faith in the board.

1.( I do not really get the question) What is to handle about the sisters? In this game you train your knight,and write in the board about the game,wars,history,and fantasy rpg;you can write about our faith too.
2.Why do we need to limit the relationship about Muslim brothers and sisters in the network? I do not see any reason to limit our relationship. We respect women and do not forbid them to play as well as we do.
3.Why do you need to trust the other Muslims who join the network? You are not going to tell each other our personal stuff. We write about our faith. If someone write something wrong about our faith,then the others,advise him about the right thing,and will make an counter thread about it with the right explanation. Also the king can ban that knight from the nation if he do not stop.

I have used to play games since i was little,but it has not forbidden me to finish a University,learn the bible and now reading Quran. Today i was reading The Fundamentals of Tawheed(Islamic Monotheism) of Ebu Emiin Bilal Philips and you can find some time to spread your faith to lost souls and the same time have fun playing a game,but as i say,if you are not used to play games,then do not start. I am looking for people who loose a lot of time playing games,and i am asking them to stop killing fantasy monsters and play with me this game were they can now loose your time,but this time gaining some good deeds from it. I can not really say loosing time,because you just need to log in 5 minutes /day if you do not wish to write something in the board. If you want to write something in the board it will loose you time as much as you write about your faith. You can not go and copy paste stuff from a thread to that thread, You have to make it as a story with the knights name in it. As i said before this is not a game of preaching,or religious one,is a RPG game.

Aqua
03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Here is a thread i have wrote and told one of my knight to post it(as I do want to be see as a liberal king to the other nations. I have posted a lot of biblic contradictions and I do not want to be see as a fanatic i the Christian eyes ) as it was his post.
Mert is a Muslim knight. Lord danko is a chritian knight. Both in the same nation,our nation,Sicily. Her is the post:

In the Sicilian castle.

After a long time far away from home, the ‘Sicilian Knights’ army returned home again. It was a long way far from the battle and most of the knights were happy to return home and see their children. There was a great fist and happiness for returning home strong and victorious.

Days passed and same remain happy, and same were lost in thoughts.
As walking in the Castle courts Mert encountered Lord Danko reading a book under the grey cloudy sky. Danko was reading ,and thinking,lost in his thoughts.
-What are you reading? asked Mert
-The holy bible. smiled Lord Danko.
What chapter? asked Mert again
Lord Danko saw Mert smiling ,happy that someone was interested to listen to his new discoveries.

-Mert, I just finished, the old and new Testament, and I am reading the second time the Psalms so I can sing them any time I want. Mert saw Danko holding his finger to the book of Psalms 75:3
Danko continued: I encountered some phrases about the world. We now it is flat ,but I am looking for somewhere else to see what will be behind the worlds corners.Here I took some notes see. Mert saw the notes of Danko(Revelation 7:1 , Isaiah 11:12 , Jeremiah 16:19 Daniel 4:11
Then started again: What if we could start an adventure to the edges of the world, and see where will we fall? What will we see below the earth? Imagine if we could see where the world pillars are standing? Danko pointed again his finger(1 Book of Samuel 2:8, Job9:6) .It looked like he has taken the study seriously .
This world is full of mystery, and this book is telling me things no one else now.

As Mert saw Danko leaving his own fantasy adventure and as he saw he was happy he did not wanted to spoil it telling him the truth. Maybe he will fantasy riding with a Mythical creature like the Unicorn written in Isaiah (Ch.34:V.7) too and relax his mind from the horrible things he saw in the battles.
Ohhh, Lord Danko, If you could really now that the world is not flat,but it goes around his own orbit(AL-ANBIYA 21:33) and Not only the earth goes round the sun, but even the sun goes around his own orbit. I will hardly believe what even if I say to you this word you will ask my purification to the fire, or Crossification. It will need some time until Christians will understand themselves what god told us through prophet Muhamed(Peace be upon him) in 6-th century.
I will not spoil your good mood my friend as you are tired from the past battles and need to rest and smile.
The sun came out. Sunshine covered the castle.

-Have fun Danko. See you tomorrow for training.
-…silence…Hemmm what if this horse can fly ….

END

IF you can see from this thread i pointed the bibles mistakes of it,and from the other hand I stated the scientific miracles of Quran using the role playing game(rpg) writing. In this way,the west,or European people who play this game at home,will see the truth difference of our religion from what their media speaks about.

If any one have fantasy and knowledge of Islam i Invite them to preach Islam in this game with me:
knights-honor,com

Ali Mujahidin
03-28-2011, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
I have a feeling we're the only ones play online games here

Hey, ThisOldMan also plays online games, specifically World of Warcraft. ThisOldMan also talks to girls wearing mini-skirts and plunging necklines. Very close-up, too. About 20 inches away across the table when ThisOldMan is teaching.

Seriously, I do not suggest that everyone does what I do. It's all too easy to slip and fall into maksiat. Myself, I have to do dhikr all the while I am playing WoW or talking to girls, so that I do not forget I am doing it as part of my duty to do da'wah. It's somewhat like having more than one wife. If you feel strong enough to treat all your wives fairly, go ahead. Otherwise it is better to marry just one.

Likewise, if you are sure that you would not be distracted from performing, say, your salah on time in jemaah, then go ahead and play online games. Otherwise, it's better to stay away from online games. Also remember that you only play online games as an opportunity to meet other people whom you can share the message of Islam, either through your words or through your conduct in-game.

Hope this is useful. Insha Allah.

Little_Lion
03-28-2011, 04:42 AM
I turn the in-game sound off while I'm playing and listen to nasheeds or lectures instead. The in-game alarm in WoW is also really handy for remembering salat. :)

I'm still giving this a lot of thought how it could be handled . . . I was thinking about a forum on Guildportal but it would likely see a lot of wanderers. But it would be nice to start to solidify something so that interested parties can take it from here and start to make it happen, inshaa'Allah. Any ideas for a good forum host?

Ali Mujahidin
03-28-2011, 04:49 AM
Any ideas for a good forum host?

How about trying Rockstarvps? They offer a free vps with 250Mb ram for an unlimited period. Also they have a 1Gb vps for only 5usd per month, offer valid until 31 March. If you like you can use the affiliate link on my website. My website, of course, is hosted by Rockstarvps. You can find my website very easily by googling for "areesportal". Heh Heh Heh shameless advertising by ThisOldMan ;D

Aqua
03-30-2011, 09:43 PM
In my game i can invite you all to the conference room where you can post threads that you want. I can choose only speciphic knight to that room and there you can post any type of threads that you like.

or you can open a thread here(in this site) about sharing games with other Muslims...

Aqua
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Look at the top to see the topic of the game....

Ubeyde
04-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Salaam.

I match your description and I like to play RPGs post me alink to the website. Jazakarallah

Aqua
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Anyone else want to join this game knihgts-honor dot com
Join Sicily
Arbro Gramleg

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!