/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Mohafiza and I

Masriya
03-18-2011, 10:19 PM
:sl:

Every time I go to my Quran lesson, my mohafiza (Quran teacher who heps me to recite, memorize and revise Quran) tells me some useful advice.
Do not follow in the steps of the devil:
Once, when I was reciting the following verse from surat Al-Baqara:

"O mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and wholesome in the earth, and follow not the footsteps of the devil. Lo! he is an open enemy for you."

My mohafiza told me that the devil wants people to commit sins, but he can't easily do that with good people who follow Allah's way and stay away from sins.
The devil deals with these people in steps as he can't easily persuade them to kufr or to kill or to any major sin.
So he will let them first decrease the number of voluntary acts of worship they perform as sunnah prayers and sunnah fasting until they stop doing them and only do the obligatory acts of worship. He gives them excuses as they're too busy or too tired or "maybe later" or "its ok to leave it out this time it's only voluntary".
The next step the devil leads them to would be to do something haram. As in leaving obligatory prayers or not fasting in Ramadan without an excuse.
So from halal they would be lead to mubah (what is allowed) then to haram.
So we have to beware and not let ourselves get carried away with the footsteps of the devil.

All or none concept
My mohafiza then told me that if I can't memorize or revise all that is expected from me for one lesson, then at least I could prepare what I can. "Don't follow the all or none concept", she said, i.e. don't bring with you nothing if you couldn't bring all.

A constant little better than infrequent much
She then told me that doing a little amount of something everyday is much better than doing a great deal of it infrequently.
So, it's better to pray (sunnah or non-obligatory prayers) everyday 2 rakaat at night than praying all night and then not doing that much.
Same goes for reading the Quran, set yourself a number of verses to read everyday as a minimum.

May Allah lead us to be from the People of the Quran learning and behaving as the Quran directs us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha.ansari
03-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Devil is always their as he make promise to GOD that he always mislead his people and GOD say that he always forgive his people until they do sorry for their acts.

Masriya
03-22-2011, 08:08 PM
:sl:

The devil has no power over people except if they allow it i.e. if they voluntarily obey him; although they are not obliged to. So we have to be strict with ourselves and not follow our desires.

In Surat Ibrahim, the devil will admit, after the affair is decided in Akhira, that he had no authority over people:

"And the Shaitan shall say after the affair is decided: Surely Allah promised you the promise of truth, and I gave you promises, then failed to keep them to you, and I had no authority over you, except that I called you and you obeyed me, therefore do not blame me but blame yourselves: I cannot be your aider (now) nor can you be my aiders; surely I disbelieved in your associating me with Allah before; surely it is the unjust that shall have the painful punishment."014.022

In Surat Al-Hijr, Allah tells the devil that "over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee":

015.032(Allah) said: "O Iblis! what is your reason for not being among those who prostrated themselves?"
015.033 (Iblis) said: "I am not one to prostrate myself to man, whom Thou didst create from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape."
015.034 (Allah) said: "Then get thee out from here; for thou art rejected, accursed.
015.035 "And the curse shall be on thee till the day of Judgment."
015.036 (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."
015.037 (Allah) said: "Respite is granted thee
015.038 "Till the Day of the Time appointed."
015.039 (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,-
015.040 "Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."
015.041 (Allah) said: "This (way of My sincere servants) is indeed a way that leads straight to Me.
015.042 "For over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee."
015.043 "And verily, Hell is the promised abode for them all!

Following your will
Once my mohafiza told me that if your nafs (yourself or your will) tells you to do something good, even if small, then obey it and don't fight it.
So fight your bad desires and don't feel lazy about or postpone anything good.

May Allah help us fight our bad desires and remain on His straight path.

Salaam

Sawdah
03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
^Ameen

May Allah SWT bless you and your mohafiza.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
03-28-2011, 04:38 AM
right Masriya those people who are under control of devil devil knows they never think for good thing or deed to do. they are as same as the devil. but Devil try n try n try again to get over them but it's really tough to deviate good people from right path to wrong one.

Masriya
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Asalamualaikum

I thought I might share what my mohafiza said the last time we met.

The Quran is dear and won't come last
One of the students in the Quran lesson said that she hadn't revised Quran much this week, and also that the less time she makes for revision the more difficult it is to find time for it after that.
My mohafiza said, "If you make Quran (revision) your last priority, then Allah will make it leave your life. The Quran is dear and would not be left till last."

I hope that I can follow this advice, and put memorizing and revising what I know from the Quran as my first priority.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!