/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seems someone is Knocking the Door often....

Abdul-Raouf
03-19-2011, 04:49 AM
So IB....

How do you prevent if a Bot behave likes this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
03-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Isn't there a way to block the ip address and/or the proxy that he may be using? I've managed a few message boards a few years back and there was usually an option for that.

Little_Lion
03-19-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm not sure if VBS has the option, but when a bot is not "imaginative" with its naming, some board systems will also allow an admin to block usernames with a certain combination of letters. Ex. If a bot is using janedoe1, janedoe2, janedoe3, etc., they can block any username with janedoe for a while. This is particularly helpful when the bot is using an ISP randomizer.

Dagless
03-19-2011, 05:55 AM
If anyone is that dedicated then they'll eventually get in. It's an open forum after all. I think the previous thread should have been left open. People could see debate was not the objective, and any further posts could just have been merged there (or deleted if warranted).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!