/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Advice and Doaa Required.

Endymion
03-20-2011, 10:43 AM
:sl: Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam :statisfie

My youngest and dearest Brother is confused these days and i need your advice and doaa for him.He have two very good job offers and he is unable to decide which one to choose :? The first one is from an Internationally renowned Construction Company and they offer him a really good salary package and great chances of promotion but their timings are really hectic.The Supervisor wants him to work day and night and stay on the site which in near the beach.
The other one is also a renowned company but the salary and promotion chances are less than the first one but job timings are good and he have to sit in a office rather than running here and there facing the wild sun.
I advice him and i feel that the second one would be better for him as he cant work that hard.Also,i asked him to perform Istikhara Salaat to know exactly what is right for him.He did it but still he is confused and unable to make any decicion.He also asked his teachers and fellows and both gave him their advices.
Because i know him more than others and he is so close to me thats why i told him to go with the other company no matter salary is less but your comfort is much more valuable and he agree with that.But today he told me about his dream he watch last night in which he was sitting on the beach (which is near the site,the first company) and he is watching the high waves.The thing i understand from that dream is that site will be good for him and it will become easy for him after some time,but im not sure :hmm:

So,i ask you all to tell me what you think is right and pray for my dearest brother that Allah swt help him decide the best.May He SWT kepp all good people and good deeds near him and keep all bad people and bad deeds away from him and he will find peace of heart and mind and success in both Dunyah and Aakhirah.Ameen.
Today i will perform Istikhara Salaat for him,Inshallah.Please keep him in your doaa :)

May Allah swt bless you all with health,happiness and success in both Dunyah and Aakhirah.Amen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
03-20-2011, 11:37 AM
As-salaamu 'alaykum,

Advise your brother to go by reality instead of by a dream as the former is more reliable than the latter. He should give preference to the job which will be more accommodating to his religious committments e.g. 5 daily prayers.

Sometimes, if we work toooo long hours, we can get caught up earning money, and are too tired to fulfil our other obligations and duties. So in this sense, the job which you are advising him to do may be more better for him and his hereafter, even though it pays him less.

I am not a dream interpretor, but according to Ibn Sireens book on dream interpretations, high waves indicate turbulence.

And Allaah subhana wa ta'ala knows best. I pray He guides your brother to the best.

tigerkhan
03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
LOL
ALLAH SWt guide him and choose for him which is better for him.

Neelofar
03-20-2011, 12:42 PM
i agree with the above post and maybe you should ask ur brother to perform istikhara too :) everything happens for a reason and Allah s.w.t knows best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
03-20-2011, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
As-salaamu 'alaykum,

Advise your brother to go by reality instead of by a dream as the former is more reliable than the latter. He should give preference to the job which will be more accommodating to his religious committments e.g. 5 daily prayers.

Sometimes, if we work toooo long hours, we can get caught up earning money, and are too tired to fulfil our other obligations and duties. So in this sense, the job which you are advising him to do may be more better for him and his hereafter, even though it pays him less.

I am not a dream interpretor, but according to Ibn Sireens book on dream interpretations, high waves indicate turbulence.

And Allaah subhana wa ta'ala knows best. I pray He guides your brother to the best.
Yup,he is a realistic young boy but i believe in dreams.I take them as a divine guidance :)
And thank you for your advice and your doaa,i like what you said :statisfie

P.S.
Where can i get The Dictionary of Dreams by Ibn-e-Serin?A member here posted a link and i download a PDF file but i lost it imsad And the link is not working any more :cry:

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
LOL
:embarrass

format_quote Originally Posted by Neelofar
i agree with the above post and maybe you should ask ur brother to perform istikhara too :) everything happens for a reason and Allah s.w.t knows best
He perform Istikhara Salat but no result :(

Flame of Hope
03-20-2011, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
The first one is from an Internationally renowned Construction Company and they offer him a really good salary package and great chances of promotion but their timings are really hectic.The Supervisor wants him to work day and night and stay on the site which in near the beach.
The other one is also a renowned company but the salary and promotion chances are less than the first one but job timings are good and he have to sit in a office rather than running here and there facing the wild sun.
:wa:

Let's enumerate the pros and cons of the first job.

The Pros....

1. It's an internationally renowned construction company. (Would make a great impression on people if one were to say, hey, I'm working for such a company.)

2. Really good money and great chances of earning even more money with promotion. (A truly glittering package deal).

3. Located near the beach. (Not at all a bad place to work at).

The Cons...

1. Hectic timing. (This means you won't have peace of mind, since there would be no set routine or schedule you can stick to.)

2. Have to work day and night. (This can tire you out very easily. If you want to continue working for this company you would need a lotta stamina.)

3. Have to stay on the site. (For a while it might feel good but after a while it will be become monotonous and boring. Might feel like a prisoner, tied down.)

Now, let's do the pros and cons for the second job.

The Pros.....

1. This is also a renowned company. (So working for this company would also make a good impression on people.)

2. The salary and chances of promotion are good.

3. It's an office job and does not require him to be running around in the sun.

4. Timings are not hectic but are regular. (This means you will have peace of mind and can stick to a set schedule. You can plan your other social activities and be free to make decisions with what you want to do with your time.)

The Cons.....

1. In comparison to the first job, the salary and chances of promotion is less.

2. The job is not near the beach.

----------------------

So now that we have a good idea of the pros and cons of both jobs, I think it's pretty clear that the only thing that is good about the first job is it's offer for more money. That job does have its strings attached but the money is really good. It's very tempting and sounds irresistible, doesn't it?

I'd say beware. Because it's easy to give in to greed. Choosing the first job would be tantamount to giving in to greed. No matter how much a man might earn, he would still crave for more. The lure of money and making more money is a great magnet that attracts lots of people. It's how flies flock to honey.

But wait a second. If we are Muslims, we must not be running after worldly wealth and riches. If materialistic things are tempting you, then stop and think for a minute. Think and reflect about how our beloved Prophet (saws) lived his life. He was offered all the riches of Arabia but he rejected it all.

Remember what our Prophet (saws) told us? "Be in this world as though you are a traveler."

If we are Muslims we must take that advice and live in this world like travelers.

And travelers do not take too much luggage with them and their possessions are few. They take only what is sufficient for their sustenance.

In all decisions, one must always keep the Hereafter in mind. The first job is a trial and a fitnah. Taking it would cause a man to fall into more sin and transgression, resulting in loss in the Hereafter. The second job is better. It at least offers job security and enough money for one's sustenance.

I won't attach too much importance to the dream of your brother. A lot of us dream about things that we desire to have.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!